What have you given up completely?

sharron12

I have just read the post about justifying what we eat by saying 'it's worth it' and was interested to read that some people have not had crisps, bread or chocolate for months.
I know it's not months but i have stopped eating white bread now for over 5 weeks and can't see me having it again for a while if i can help it.
Anyone else just cut something out completely?

White bread ( served well toasted with slabs of butter melting into it )

I actually have always prefered brown for everything but toast!

When I first started SW I was gutted about having wholemeal bread instead of white but now I'm happy about it... I have only recently been saying that I don't think I'll ever go back to white! Except of course, I'll still enjoy a great big white baguette every now and again as a treat! Although having said that, I had a wholemeal one recently and it was yummy!!

Double cream and cheese. Dont hardly every eat cheese and havnt eaten double cream since coming off the Atkins diet nearly two years ago!

Beer, pizza, pies, pasties, sauces, pickle :cry:
No wonder the weight is dropping off!

I haven't eaten any sort of bread since I started SW at the beginning of November. Don't miss it at all now - not being able to have sandwiches makes me think more carefully about what I'm having for lunch!

Just going out for a coffee and being able to buy something at the counter to have with it x

I too have given up bread altogether since I started SW on the 4th Jan. As Foxy1509 has stated it makes you think more what to have for lunch and besides when I used to have sandwiches (prior to SW) I was always hungry after about an hour. I have also given up drinking alcohol during the week (sun-thurs).

Hot Sausage Rolls off the Sandwich Van mid morning.
All the other staff still have these and i must admit my mouth still waters as they walk past. But i know its worth it, nothing tastes as good as i will feel when i back in my favourite jeans.

bread, most cheese (except cottage cheese and laughing cow triangles) chocolate, crisps (i make SW ones instead) and fizzy juice-but i allow myself to eat whatever i want on a tuesday night after weigh in (if i have done well at the scales) I love tuesday nights :)

I keep trying to give up bread! It's my main fall off the wagon food! (I don't like chocolate much)

Since re-joining SW last May, I have totally given up bread, chocolate, crisps (except SW microwave ones) pies, pizzas and take away foods. I miss none.

I haven't given up anything but I have learnt to control my love of white bread, crisps, biscuits and cake.

I have given up kettle crisps, white bread, butter and wine !!
My favorite being kettle crisp sandwiches and a glass of chilled white wine. Those were the days however i am determined to stop having them and be stasfiesed with fruit salad and fat free fomage frais!!

Wine! Not missing it a single bit!
Oh - and pasties too - used to be very partial to a warm cornish, but keep thinking about the amount of saturated fat, very useful for controlling my desire :)

Back