What have you had today?

DoubleT

Hi all...just thought would post what I have had today. If I am going wrong can you please advise. I would appreciate any help as new to SW.

22nd July 2010

Free Foods
cucumber, eggs, salmon, lettuce, savoury rice, nectarines, strawberries, onions, tomatoes
Healthy Extras
a 350ml skimmed milk
b 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars,
Syns
coleslaw 50g (4 syns)

Hi there & welcome :wavey:

Looks ok to me if you're doing Extra Easy, just remember to have 1/3 super free foods with each meal.

I would also have more Syns, then should you hit a plateau you can reduce them if need be. My Syns get used on Extra Light Mayo, gravy and chocolate :drool:

Everyone on here is great for support and advice if you need any help.

Good Luck :cross:

I've been up since about 11pm yesterday! Here's mine: (edit! I'm on a green day)

Breakfast: Omelette with 28g waferthin ham(2 syns) mushrooms. 1 tbsp of ketchup (1 syn). Baked beans. 1/2 hea cheese on the omelette.
Snack: Muller lite and cup of tea (milk from hea)
Lunch: Baked beans, chopped tomatoes, quorn chicken style pieces, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots - made up like a sauce with some mild curry powder. To have with some pasta and 1/2 hea cheese.
Snack: Another cup of tea, 2 alpen lights.

I'm on nightshift at the moment so don't tend to eat more than 2 meals. Should have something later for the other Heb!

Hi,

Yes I am doing Extra Easy Clambertina and thank you for mentioning about the syns. At the moment I keep thinking don't go over 5 syns, although must admit, last Saturday I went well over with the alcohol, LOL...not able to have diet things that have aspertame in them, which rules out diet drinks and diet yogurts like Mullerlight so end up having to have full fat coke with my vodka & full fat lemonade with my martini's :cry:...

Thank you Say as well for your input, it is much appreciated, hope you don't work too hard on your night shifts. :)

In all seriousness though, if you are hungry and the food is on the superfree/free or within your Hea/Heb/Syns. You can have it.

Don't panic about going over, as long as you are eating the right things you're doing fine!

If you every needs to ask the values on things (such as syns!) there's a subforum up the top, it will have either been asked before but these ladies and gents don't bite you for asking a second time! Plus it never hurts to ask :)

I think the first time round I did slimming world I felt the same, am I eating too much ... this is totally too much for a diet! But it worked! I haven't worked too hard this week as it's my last week on nightshift and I'm tired from looking after the OH, he's been like a bear with a sore head since having a tooth removed the other day (he's on nightshift too!) Thankfully, I've found a few nice recipes in my book to make for him and me that are soft to eat but filling.

He's been really good as well - he's a gym junkie and can normally get away with eating whatever he likes, but he was down the other day thinking he'd put on weight as he hasn't been to the gym for a month. Surprise for him he's lost a stone since I started SW, all because he's eating what I'm cooking. (Git!)

One final note: Have your syns! When your weight loss slows down it will give you something to cut back on instead of having to limit your portions of free foods.

Keep up the good work m'dear and you'll be nice and slinky soon! :) xx

Thank you Say, I will remember to have my sins each day. I have been trying to not have many if any at all but as you said, it would be better to cut them down then the free food. :)

I bet OH was surprised he had lost that much weight and he isn't even on the diet, lol. Isn't that just typical eh, we have to concentrate on what we eat and they don't, ha ha.

Thank you again Say. x

So far today, on an Extra Easy day:

B: frittata made with 2 eggs, left over new potatoes, lots of veg. Brown sauce 1/2 syn
S: 1/2 box after eights (OOPS!) approx 38 syns
L: 8 baby meatballs, melon

Planned: Baked potato and cottage cheese, asparagus and 1/2 grapefruit

If hungry later: corn on cob and FF yoghurt

Exercise 3 mile run
Water 1 1/2 litre so far

Last edited:
Red Day for me today!

I use one of my HEA for 250ml semi-skimmed added to brews throughout the day!

Brekkie: Orange Hi-fi bar (love, love these) (HEB)

mid-morning snack: strawberries

Lunch: tescos tikka mini fillets, with half a bag of mixed leaves, and a tablespoon of lighter than light mayo 1/2 syn

mid-afternoon snack: strawbs and a shape zero yoghurt.

tea: will be lowfat turkey mince spag bol, made with mince, onions, courgettes, garlic, italian herbs, with wholemeal pasta (HEB). Little bit of grated cheese (HEA) and the rest of my syns on Saturday night wine. :D

EE day again for me

Breakfast: Kippers

Mid morning snack: cherries

Lunch: ham & cheese sarnie (HEB & HEA), nectarine

Tea: savoury rice

Had dash of skimmed milk (0.5 syn) with my coffee this morning and just had a glass of martini (extra dry) (2.5 syns) with lemonade (3 syns)

I also spotted a chocolate mini milk (1.5 syn) while I was getting the ice cubes so had one of those as well, LOL

I don't even want to admit to what I've eaten over the past couple of days but I will, because it's awful and I am ashamed.

I went out to celebrate graduation and had a garlic chicken breast on Wholemeal bread. Not too bad. Then about 20 litres of Vodka. And cider. And shots. Woot.

Following day - Large Big Mac Meal, Wicked Zinger burger and then later Fish & Chips. Awesome?

Today - baked Chicken Nuggets, 3 x Crisps, Foot Long Chicken Tikka subway & half a bottle of wine.

I'm going to hell, make no mistake.

Today I had:

Breakfast - apple, satsuma and muller light

Lunch - brocolli soup, banana

Dinner - sardine in tomato sauce on 2 w/m toast (hexb and 4 syns for 2nd slice), and cherry tomatoes

Snacks - 1 slice w/m bread (4 syns) with fat free cottage cheese on, strawberries and fat free fromaige frais with sweetener, and some grapes.

Really craved bread today, which is strange because I've not eaten any for about 2 weeks now!

Nope. You're just taking the scenic route to target :8855:

How often does something so momentous as graduating happen? Well done, enjoy it, get back on track today.

Haha! :D
If it's a scenic route, it's a bloody world tour!
Still, I'll get there eventually haha! xxx

Today I've had:

Breakfast: 2 x Weetabix (HeB) with Milk (part of HeA) with cinnamon and sweetner
Snack: Mullerlight, Tea (with milk - part of HeA)
Lunch: Baked Bean Lasagne (broccoli, carrot, cauliflower, chopped tomatoes) with side salad (tomatoes, lettuce, carrot, pepper) and balsamic vinegar.
Snack: Velvet Crunch (4 syns) 2 x Alpen Light Bars (HeB), Tea (Milk from HeA)
Snack before hometime! (9am) Strawberries, green grapes and red grapes.
Dinner: not sure yet as just gotten home! Might have some pasta and the rest of the baked beans, mixed with chopped tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot with some cheese (other hea)

Trying to get in those superfree!

Quite alot for nightshift! :eek: Still got 11 syns left. Maybe a option hot choc with the last of my HeA milk and some aerosol cream on top (total ... 2 syns for chocolate and 1/2 - 1 syn for cream! :eek:)

Today I've had a red day:
B - muller light with strawbs and raspberries
L - a few slice of wafer thin ham (whilst preparing my actual lunch!) Tuna mixed with 1tbsp EL mayo (0.5 sins) with salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pepper)
Snack - 28g porridge (HEB) with 50mls skimmed milk (0.7 sins rounded up to 1)
Dinner - 2 salmon fillets roasted in soy sauce with ginger and garlic with roasted veg (pepper, mushrooms, onions and cherry tomatoes).

and I did half an hour at Curves burning 411 cals.

it was my first day back on the wagon

B - porridge and semi skin milk 1A&1B

mid snack - strawberrys, rasberry &
apples

D - salmon and mixed pasta & yogurt

T - pork with stuffed peppers (tuna, tomarto,bacon)

snack - 1 orange & 1 kewi

im stuffed:D:D:D

I have had an EE day.

Breakfast - 2 alpen light bars (HEB), apple

Lunch - bacon, beans, tomatoes, fried egg and mushrooms (4 syns for oil), count on us strawberry yogurt

Mid afternoon - cherries

Tea - lamb in garlic & rosemary gravy, boiled potatoes in herb & butter (half packet 2 syns), peas

Then I have had a nice cup of coffee with milk (HEA) and 3 matchmaker mint sticks (yum, yum)....will most probably have a small glass of milk later to finish off my (HEA)

Mmm today has been an ok day... I hope. :)

B- Weetabix (HExB) with some SS milk (HExA) banana
S- apple, orange
L- Pasta, left over bolognaise (extra lean beef mince, onions, passata, courgette, peppers, onions, garlic, tinned tomatoes, leek, frylight), strawberries
S- another apple and 4 mikado (2.0syns), coffee with milk from HExA
D- paella (rice, pork, prawns, chicken stock, garlic, peppers, carrots,peas and 16g Chorizo- 1.5syns)
S- Kelloggs fibre plus (5.5syns) and more coffee with milk from HExA

It's been yum, might have more fruit later. :)

Back