What have you just eaten??

Dinner: Tandoori chicken, onion & cumin rice, pilau flavoured courgette & mushroom curry, vegetable curry using mushy pea curry as a base, with cucumber/tomato raita and warmed pitta
Lovely, and completely syn free

Attachments

• image-1225522464.jpg
    image-1225522464.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 51
Modarella said:
Grapefruits are a nightmare! Lol, I used to cut it in half then get a veg knife and cut the edges of the segments until they come free. Time consuming, but once it's done it's done! X

Thanks for the advice. I think I might stick to oranges instead lol x

Chopped apple, pineapples and a couple of strawberries mmm

The Apple Betty from the site is vile. Just made it and my boyfriend and I couldn't even eat one portion. Think rubbery eggs with wet apple... =\ x

Debridger said:
Dinner: Tandoori chicken, onion & cumin rice, pilau flavoured courgette & mushroom curry, vegetable curry using mushy pea curry as a base, with cucumber/tomato raita and warmed pitta
Lovely, and completely syn free

Looks delicious! I'm very jealous!

Chilli with no rice but some bgty sainsburys garlic baguette :) xxx

A grapefruit. Can someone please tell me how to eat them. I gave up in the end. I cut in half and attempted to scoop out with a tea spoon OMG, went everywhere. Is there an easier way? X

you can buy a grapefruit knife...

Cut grapefruit in half (accross ways) then use the flexible serrated blade to work round edge then go round the segments, 2 mins job, sprinkle on a little sweetner - leave over night and yummy, yummy, yummy

Debridger said:
Was tasty, and filling - have a thing for curry this week - sun/mon/tues ....no, I'm not preggers lol

I'm a real curry monster - just wish I was better at making them sw friendly, they're the only thing that I miss - a real curry! But your plate looked impressive!

skinnyminx said:
you can buy a grapefruit knife...

Cut grapefruit in half (accross ways) then use the flexible serrated blade to work round edge then go round the segments, 2 mins job, sprinkle on a little sweetner - leave over night and yummy, yummy, yummy

We bought a grapefruit knife as hubby loves grapefruit for breakfast at the weekend but he hates it! He now prefers to peel it with a knife (like you would a potato or apple) and then chops it up :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Befanwi said:
I'm a real curry monster - just wish I was better at making them sw friendly, they're the only thing that I miss - a real curry! But your plate looked impressive!

I find if I can make something that's near enough, I'm less likely to wander off track
I like many thought I'd not be sure about mushy pea curry, but blended, it's great as a base.
Just experimenting really, as long as it's edible, it'll do ;-)

Pasta with veggie sauce which had the following in it:

Squash
Courgettes
Broccoli
Tomatoes (tinned and fresh)
Aubergine
Passata
Onions
Peppers

It was lovely :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-142767004.jpg
    image-142767004.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 27
Debridger said:
I find if I can make something that's near enough, I'm less likely to wander off track
I like many thought I'd not be sure about mushy pea curry, but blended, it's great as a base.
Just experimenting really, as long as it's edible, it'll do ;-)

I make a pretty good effort with veggies and potato and chickpeas but I've resorted to ready mixed curry powder and garam masala rather than individual spices because I can't get them to taste right without the oil to fry them in and I'm loathed to spend syns on oil! I've never tried the mushy pea curry but maybe I should.. Most people seem to enjoy it!

Befanwi said:
I make a pretty good effort with veggies and potato and chickpeas but I've resorted to ready mixed curry powder and garam masala rather than individual spices because I can't get them to taste right without the oil to fry them in and I'm loathed to spend syns on oil! I've never tried the mushy pea curry but maybe I should.. Most people seem to enjoy it!

I too only use the ready mixed powders - in the cupboard I have garam masala, tikka, madras & tandoori
Have crushed dried chillis and cumin both seeds and powder, turmeric & corriandor
That generally covers stuff - oh a bit of mint for raita...sometimes its the extras that are missed, so, put bitesize chicken pieces on skewers, I use a warmed pitta instead of naan, chop up and make onion & tomato salad, seems like it's too much agg, but I find it's the side bits that make it when I go out, so why not at home

Spaghetti Bolognese, Fruit salad and a Cadbury Dairy Milk (5.5 syns).

Debridger said:
I too only use the ready mixed powders - in the cupboard I have garam masala, tikka, madras & tandoori
Have crushed dried chillis and cumin both seeds and powder, turmeric & corriandor
That generally covers stuff - oh a bit of mint for raita...sometimes its the extras that are missed, so, put bitesize chicken pieces on skewers, I use a warmed pitta instead of naan, chop up and make onion & tomato salad, seems like it's too much agg, but I find it's the side bits that make it when I go out, so why not at home

You're right, I'd never thought of making an onion and tomato salad - I love it at the curry house.. Do you have a recipe or is it as simple as it sounds?!

Back