What have you just eaten??

You're right, I'd never thought of making an onion and tomato salad - I love it at the curry house.. Do you have a recipe or is it as simple as it sounds?!

Yep, as simple as that, thinlty slice onion, tomato, and chops into little pieces, add sprinkle of dried mint, a smaller spinkle of ground cumin, 1 or 2 drops of vinegar, and leave on the side so that the juices draw out.

Debridger said:
Yep, as simple as that, thinlty slice onion, tomato, and chops into little pieces, add sprinkle of dried mint, a smaller spinkle of ground cumin, 1 or 2 drops of vinegar, and leave on the side so that the juices draw out.

Cheers for that it sounds delish! I'll definitely be giving that a go - along with a raita - just a shame there won't be poppadoms to scoop it up with, I'll have to make do with a hexb pitta!

Cheers for that it sounds delish! I'll definitely be giving that a go - along with a raita - just a shame there won't be poppadoms to scoop it up with, I'll have to make do with a hexb pitta!

You say that, someone brought into class the new(ish) snack-a-jack crunchy curls, I tasted a couple of both, and mentioned that they would make an excellent lower syn substitute for poppadoms... If I recall it was the cheeky chutney ones which were ideal, the others are sweet chilli
but at 3.5 / 4.5 syns for 18g / 22g bag... you gotta give 'em a go

Debridger said:
You say that, someone brought into class the new(ish) snack-a-jack crunchy curls, I tasted a couple of both, and mentioned that they would make an excellent lower syn substitute for poppadoms... If I recall it was the cheeky chutney ones which were ideal, the others are sweet chilli
but at 3.5 / 4.5 syns for 18g / 22g bag... you gotta give 'em a go

You're proving to be rather the curry oracle this evening, now all I need is for you to come round and cook it all for me.. Go on, I'll let you! Lol. Really thanks though :) some good ideas that might stop me reaching for a takeaway next time the curry monster surfaces ;)

Here is a curry that I make........

Pete’s Butternut Squash Chicken Curry

Serves 4
Ingredients

425g/½ butternut squash
1 onion, chopped
1tsp “easy lazy” garlic
1tsp “easy Lazy” ginger
1tsp cumin
1tsp turmeric
1tsp coriander
1tsp garam masala
1tsp madras curry powder
600g chicken, pre-cooked, chopped into cubes
750mL chicken stock
350g/½ bottle of passata

Method

(This can be made in advance.)
Chop up the butternut squash into small cubes; leave the skin on, extra fibre!
Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and add chopped onion, cook for 7 mins,add butternut squash, madras curry powder and chicken stock, cook for 40 mins, remove from the heat and liquidize with a hand blender.

Continue.

Place back on heat and add cumin, turmeric and coriander, cook for 1 min, add tomato and chicken cook until chicken has been cooked through. Add the garam masala 1 min before serving.

Attachments

• Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry-2 (Large).JPG
    162.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Butternut Squash Curry (Large).JPG
    Butternut Squash Curry (Large).JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 39
Modarella said:
I'm just making the Apple Betty from the site...looking forward to seeing how it turns out! I've omitted the sultanas...I think they just ruin a good thing! I'll try and post a pic once it's made (if the OH doesn't demolish it first!) x

I made thus a while ago loved it and we didnt pit sultanas in so made it less syns. Was lovely what did u think?

Modarella said:
The Apple Betty from the site is vile. Just made it and my boyfriend and I couldn't even eat one portion. Think rubbery eggs with wet apple... =\ x

Jus seen this. Never we enjoyed it mine tasted abit like egg custard tarts dnt kno if i did it wrong with u sayin this but we enjoyed it mite try it again n c how it turns out this time

Dark rye Ryvita topped with cream cheese (HexA) and well done bacon... Yumm!!! xxx

Day one of me being back on track:

Breakfast: syn free pancake with raspberries, blueberries and half a toffee muller light.

Oooh that sounds lovely...!! Can I ask how you make syn free pancakes?? I love pancakes so syn free ones would make my day xxx

Crunchy Bran topped with honey and banana. Plus my usual helping of fruit salad. :D

Wholemeal toast, boiled egg and a banana.

Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB) with a banana, ff natural yoghurt and skimmed milk (HEA)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Blondee said:
Oooh that sounds lovely...!! Can I ask how you make syn free pancakes?? I love pancakes so syn free ones would make my day xxx

They are lovely. The recipe is in the recipe thread on here :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4 sports biscuits and a cup of tea mmm..

Melon and 28g shredded wheat bitesize 17 in fact lol!

Lunch will be savoury rice, hard boiled eggs and beetroot!

Back