What have you just eaten??

Sw chips dipped in dominos sweet chilli dip pot. 3 syns and worth everyone for me.

Lunch was bacon, philly cheese light (synned I think - got to check my book) and fresh pineapple sarni, followed by two satsumas.

Vegetable madras with pilau rice and a portion of garlic and corriander naan (naan 4.5syns). It was lush!

Jacket potato, cucumber, beetroot, lettuce, and sw quorn chilli made with super speed bean soup as base for sauce, was scrummy was naughty earlier tho, had a mini sausage roll, and if truth be told I didn't enjoy it!

I've had gammon, beans, mushroom's, dry fried egg and actifry chips with a little splodge of Tom ketchup. Snacked on carrot sticks and cucumber since and still starving hungry! I don't know what's up with me 2nite but I think I need to go to he'd b4 I raid the biscuit tin

Mint options with marshmallow on 3.5 syns ( my latest syn treat ) with hifi ruby bar heb

Last night went to my friend's house, insisted she didn't make anything for me as felt bad being all bossy about SW. However, she made roast butternut squash (in frylight) with bulgar wheat, spices, (free), with HE of halloumi with no oil, & a green salad (& put the dressing on the side so I just added balsamic!) It was delicious and i'm certainly going to make this again. Bulgar wheat was a great alternative to rice!

Yesterdays Dinner.............

Pete’s Chicken Cacciatore

Serves 4

Ingredients

Knorr Herb stock pot
1 tsp dried oregano
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 stick of celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 chicken breasts
6 rashers of smoked bacon, cut into strips
225g mushrooms, sliced
200mL passata
400mL chopped tomatoes
1Tbsp tomato puree
1Tbsp sweetener

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and brown the chicken, set aside and keep warm.

Add Fry Light to an oven-proof pan and cook the bacon until crisp, add the celery, carrot, peppers, onion & garlic, cook until soft.

Return the chicken, add the tomatoes, oregano and passata, place the stock pot contents on top of the ingredients, cover with a lid, bring to the boil, add sweetener, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 30 mins, add puree, continue cooking for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked.

Add the mushrooms and simmer for 10 mins, serve with pasta or roasted veg.

ChickenCacciatoreSmall.jpg

Still Steaming Hot!
The base sauce would be great in any Italian sauces.....

About to go shopping so am going to sit down a write a meal planner to make meals more exciting! Also easier to stick with plan when I do this.

2 joes sausages, a poached egg and a pile of frylighted mushrooms. with about half a syn of ketchup!

Back