What Herbs and spices are a no no? Think Ive knocked myself out of Ketosis!!

happygal

Banned
Hi Ya

I added spices to my chilli soup tonight and I think its knocked me out of ketosis. Does anyone have a list of spices, herbs and flavourings that we cant have?

Hi Ya

I added spices to my chilli soup tonight and I think its knocked me out of ketosis. Does anyone have a list of spices, herbs and flavourings that we cant have?

Not totally sure on this hun without looking it up. I think Mike is still around so hopefully he will let us both know soon..x

Hi Ya Isis

Thanks for posting anyhow. I just thought that the spices didnt have any cals or carbs in and then used them. But I think that I did wrong maybe?? My ketostix is the palest pink so I think that I may be just toitering on the brink of ketosis. I have drank loads of water today so is it possible that that is diluting my pee. Anyways, A list of CD safe herbs and spices would be great and then I could dabble in the kitchen. I miss my dabble in the kitchen, with having just shakes and soups!!

Claire

Hi Ya Isis

Thanks for posting anyhow. I just thought that the spices didnt have any cals or carbs in and then used them. But I think that I did wrong maybe?? My ketostix is the palest pink so I think that I may be just toitering on the brink of ketosis. I have drank loads of water today so is it possible that that is diluting my pee. Anyways, A list of CD safe herbs and spices would be great and then I could dabble in the kitchen. I miss my dabble in the kitchen, with having just shakes and soups!!

Claire

I'll ask Isobel first thing tommorow hun. I do think you might have a point though about drinking loads and it diluting things. I have read that many times.

Don't worry, we'll get an approved list of spices in the morning hun,:)

Lacey...x

Thanks Lacey

Your a star. The funny thing is that Im dealing with my food addiction and getting a hold on that but I gave up smoking over year ago and I seem to be craving cigarettes!! This is just totally out of the blue. Maybe Im just craving things I can put in my mouth!!! lol And by that Im not being dirty!! LOL

Oh - I've been using dried corriander leaf & freeze dried chives in mine! I shall pop back in & see what updates you have xxx

I don't know the answer to this one. Going by the official line on drinks then leaves, like most herbs, should be OK, but roots, seeds etc might not be. That said, chilli is a fruit and that seems acceptable, possibly because the quantities are so small.

When are you testing ketosis? I was told to test first thing in the morning, second wee. And I was only ever pale pink, but was told this is good because it means you aren't dehydrated.

Maybe Im ok then. But I really would like to know about the spices and herbs!! No one seems to want to tell me.

Hang on hun, will ask Isobel. I think sh'e around the gaff somewhere:D

Helllooooooo!

Righty ho then - herbs and spices - erm not sure if I'm going to be very popular here but I wouldn't recommend any tbh.

I think that black pepper is ok, and the odd pinch of cayenna pepper but I think it's best to avoid adding extras to your soups/packs cos the danger is to get carried away and put all kinds of stuff in which can then knock you out of ketosis.

Soz if that's not what you want to hear!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Helllooooooo!

Righty ho then - herbs and spices - erm not sure if I'm going to be very popular here but I wouldn't recommend any tbh.

I think that black pepper is ok, and the odd pinch of cayenna pepper but I think it's best to avoid adding extras to your soups/packs cos the danger is to get carried away and put all kinds of stuff in which can then knock you out of ketosis.

Soz if that's not what you want to hear!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Isy.....at least we know now:D

Think I'll stick with just the black pepper if I need to:D

Hi Ya

Thanks for getting back to me. Its disappointing though because the soups really are becoming hum drum and Im not into this thing very long. Chilli one especially could do with more chilli but maybe black pepper could do.

Thanks for your advice though

Back