What hobby do you have to keep your mind of 'nibbling'...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Donnie46, 13 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I Cross Stitch, I have been doing it for years and have finished pieces framed and hung up all over my home.

It really does help to keep my hand's busy, and away from the dreaded 'nibbles' especially when I am sitting quietly in the evening or watching TV.

I usually say to myself, just a few more stitches and I shall forget that I fancy a bag of crisps or a biscuit or two - and you know it does work!!!

What do you do to stop the 'nibble' syndrome?.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Good thread Hun!

I knit things for my Daughter's soft toys, read, listen to music, teach jive and go to the gym....blimey...I havent got time to think about snacking! Lol

4. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hey,

I go out to the gym, or play netball - if i'm not in the house i don't think about food.. I think i get bored just watching the tv so thats the danger time that i pick.. If i feel this way - i get up and go for a walk.. by the time i get back the urge has gone..

Other trick i have is to go get in the bath - that makes me sleepy so then i go to bed..

k xx

5. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    playing the sims 3 and genealogy

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Genealogy for me too

Irene xx

7. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is surprising how quickly the time goes when engrossed looking for an ancestor. Definately takes your mind of food. lol

8. littlehobbit

littlehobbit Full Member

i play piano:) i do it at uni so ahve to practise lots and it can get boring practising really hard things.so whenever i get an urge to eat i go and sit down with some fun stuff to play and then the hours pass without me noticing and i dont eat:D

9. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I get on the wii and exercise these days! I haven't done any knitting or tapestry for yonks tho I love both. I like doing jigsaws too.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.