What if I'm pregnant?!

chele80

On a mission
I've been on CD nearly 3 weeks now. I have PCOS and don't ovulate very often. Our intention was to use protection while I am on CD however, naughty us didn't on Sunday and according to my body signals (pains in my ovary) and a positive ovulation predictor, I am ovulating today.

So therefore there is a chance (albeit small) that I could actually fall pregnant today.

I don't think it'll happen and I know now to be a lot lot more careful in future as doing a VLCD is not good for pregnant women.

But my question, if I do actually fall pregnant now, what damage would be done this next 7 days before the pregnancy test would confirm I would be pregnant?
I know to obv stop CD immediately, but does anyone know what damage could be done in that time that you don't know you're pregnant?

There must be people out there who have fallen pregnant while on a VLCD like CD. What happens to them and their babies?

Eeek

Hi

From what I recall of my biophysiology studies I wouldn't worry to much. Many people undertake activities such as drinking, smoking, drug taking before realising they are pregnant. The body is actually very resilient where pregnancy is rconcerned; remember this mechanism has evolved over thousands of years to survive extreme conditions such as malnutrition, starvation etc. At the moment and for the next week the only process going on is fertilisation (if that is what is going on) and those are the hormones that the pregnancy test picks up on. You are in a nutritional deficit from a calorie perspective but still getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Your body still has it's energy source but is using internal stores rather than external food. If you become pregnant then that is a different matter as the the developing foetus will need more nutrition but as yet you are not yet eating for two :)

Hope that helps?

Last edited:
Yes, very much. Thank you!

i fell pregnant on cd. it makes me super fertile! so watch out!

i didnt find out for a few weeks and carried on with cd but when i found out my cdc told me to come off immediately as the concentration of vitamins can be very harmful in early pregnancy. if i know anyone struggling to conceive i always tell them to do cd for a month or so as i think the fine balance of nutrients does make a lot of women prime for conception.

Thanks leeds. As I have PCOS I look out for the signs, so it's good that this cycle I know to test in about 7 days time for a few days to see if I am PG and then move onto proper foods. I know too much vit A for example can be dangerous, so I'd hope to find out early enough to be able to stop CD.

I wouldn't worry about it hun...

Worse it can happen is the baby being born already slim and fit! lol

On a serious note, I think the CDC would stop your diet while pregnant. Ask your GP about it :)

I fell pregnant on LT and didnt find out for 6 weeks....was on the pill and no signs!!! baby was perfect! and after coming off LT i also managed to only put on 7lbs whilst pregnant and baby was 7lbs!!

hey , I know there are a lot of women who have fallen pregnant when on VLCD's as like someone said , they can make you super fertile ! All of them that I have seen , read about have gone on to had perfect babies so i wouldnt worry too much . The calories arent a problem in such early pregnancy , its only really the vitamins that could cause any harm and you are more likely to have a healthier balance when on a VLCD than when you are eating normally .

My first baby was a 'surprise ' and I didnt find out till I was about 9 weeks , and Oh My .. I had several big nights out invloving loads of alcohol and even a few falls down my stairs ... which I would say is far far more harmful than doing CD .... and my darling daughter is more than perfect !!!!

Back