What if it's a false alarm!!??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Penpen, 12 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Penpen

Penpen Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know how much CD can affect totm as last month mine was late by about 6 days. However I did take a test then and it was negative.

Just feeling abit like, I'm not (pregnant that is). No sore boobs, no amazing sense of smell and still got crampy abdomen like I am getting my period. I suppose tests can show false positives so it's possible.

Maybe I'm getting abit ahead of myself here......I dont know, just feel confused at the moment. And now you've all congratulated me :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Have you actually taken a test?

4. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was told that it is unlikely to be wrong if the test came back positive but could be wrong if the test came back negative.. Bascially if you got a positive you are preggers girl. Enjoy it xx

5. Naturally_Stush

Naturally_Stush Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Penny, you took a test I dont think CDC can cause you to have the hormone in your system. Don't worry or panic book a doctor's appt, to make it official.
    x

6. jackietrew

jackietrew Will be slim!!!!!!!

Diet:
    CD - Sole Source
    take a test if you havnt already hun, and if you have already then take another? jsut to make sure

7. Penpen

Penpen Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sorry gals, I have taken a test and it did come out positive, very strong lines, I'm just a bit not with it I suppose :) It's all a bit of a surprise still.....ignore me LOL :D

8. festivalfairy

festivalfairy Finally a size 12!

what u like penny ha ha ha ha bless ya xxx

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

go to the doctor to make sure at least you will know for sure sure. if you got a pos id say u are hun

10. abz

abz Gold Member

the doc will probably just say that they do the same tests that you do. to get a positive you have to have a certain hormone in your blood so it's very rare to get a false positive. but you can get a false negative (as i'm sure a few people have unfortunately discovered...)

enjoy it hon. put your mind to rest and get a doc's appointment. and it's always better to be on the safe side with these things so i think you've made the right choice re cd.

don't worry, be happy :)

abz xx

11. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Hiya when I was pregnant I took a home test and it said I was. I went rushing to the doctors who made me take another one to make sure and it said I was not. So 2 days later still no period I took another home one and it said I was pregnant so again back to the doctor who said well if 2 said I was then I must be and I was.

It is best to take another one just to make sure first morning sample it best to use.

12. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Hun

I had 4 false negative home tests and a positive doctors test.

Hope you are ok! Fingers crossed its positive xxx

13. Loopy!

Loopy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st1lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    Congrats hun!
    If in doubt take a test again but I bet it comes back with the same answer!
    If it's any help, when i got my BFP (big fat positive) I had no sickness until i was actually 12 weeks gone. No sore boobs although I did have amaxing smell for a few days before i found out.
    Enjoy it girly, can't wait til I'm preggers again!

14. Dinosaur

Dinosaur Full Member

You can't get a false positive! Also, cramping and TOTM feelings are perfectly normal in early pregnancy - especially around the time your period is due.

I had really bad period pains before I found out I was pg lasttime. It was the only the fact I wasn't bleeding and the pains went on for 3 days (rather than the usual one) that I bothered to test.

It will be fine!

Also in 3 pregnancies I've never had to have a dr's test. I just phoned the mw/receptionist at the dr's surgery when I got to 6/7 weeks and they put me on the list and sent me through a booking in appt.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.