What if it's a false alarm!!??

Penpen

I know how much CD can affect totm as last month mine was late by about 6 days. However I did take a test then and it was negative.

Just feeling abit like, I'm not (pregnant that is). No sore boobs, no amazing sense of smell and still got crampy abdomen like I am getting my period. I suppose tests can show false positives so it's possible.

Maybe I'm getting abit ahead of myself here......I dont know, just feel confused at the moment. And now you've all congratulated me :wave_cry:

Have you actually taken a test?

I was told that it is unlikely to be wrong if the test came back positive but could be wrong if the test came back negative.. Bascially if you got a positive you are preggers girl. Enjoy it xx

Penny, you took a test I dont think CDC can cause you to have the hormone in your system. Don't worry or panic book a doctor's appt, to make it official.
x

take a test if you havnt already hun, and if you have already then take another? jsut to make sure

the doc will probably just say that they do the same tests that you do. to get a positive you have to have a certain hormone in your blood so it's very rare to get a false positive. but you can get a false negative (as i'm sure a few people have unfortunately discovered...)

enjoy it hon. put your mind to rest and get a doc's appointment. and it's always better to be on the safe side with these things so i think you've made the right choice re cd.

don't worry, be happy :)

abz xx

Hiya when I was pregnant I took a home test and it said I was. I went rushing to the doctors who made me take another one to make sure and it said I was not. So 2 days later still no period I took another home one and it said I was pregnant so again back to the doctor who said well if 2 said I was then I must be and I was.

It is best to take another one just to make sure first morning sample it best to use.

Hi Hun

I had 4 false negative home tests and a positive doctors test.

Hope you are ok! Fingers crossed its positive xxx

Congrats hun!
If in doubt take a test again but I bet it comes back with the same answer!
If it's any help, when i got my BFP (big fat positive) I had no sickness until i was actually 12 weeks gone. No sore boobs although I did have amaxing smell for a few days before i found out.
Enjoy it girly, can't wait til I'm preggers again!

You can't get a false positive! Also, cramping and TOTM feelings are perfectly normal in early pregnancy - especially around the time your period is due.

I had really bad period pains before I found out I was pg lasttime. It was the only the fact I wasn't bleeding and the pains went on for 3 days (rather than the usual one) that I bothered to test.

It will be fine!

Also in 3 pregnancies I've never had to have a dr's test. I just phoned the mw/receptionist at the dr's surgery when I got to 6/7 weeks and they put me on the list and sent me through a booking in appt.

Back