What is best time to test for Ketones???

cambridge*diet*08

Silver Member
I know it has been mentioned before but have forgotten...
Would someone please remind me when it is best to do a ketostix???
Thanks
xxxx

yeh i do mine first thing in morning xx

I bought some stix from the pharmacy today but they are Clinistix - are these the right one does anyone know?

Sorry for crashing the thread:eek:

Hi,

But why bother?

If you aren't cheating then what's the point. Too many people get hung up, and sometimes disappointed, by the colour of the test stick. Even though those people are loosing weight week after week then they get depressed when the stix are not showing maxed out purple!

If you are cheating then again what is the point of testing for ketosis, - if it shows positive then is it ok to cheat?? Course it's not.

Not having a go at you CD08, and I'm not accusing you of cheating. Just my point of view.

Pies
4 stone loss in 12 weeks now on the steps towards maintenance.

My stix are never very pink, no matter what time of day. I guess its all the water. I do try an early am test, but as I always "go" in the night, I doubt its much different to during the day.

Mind you, as NMP says, theres really no need if we stick to it 100%!

well had a meal on saturday evening so was curious if i was back in ketosis or not...

it was a planned evening and i have a few more planned nights coming up in the next 2 months so just wanted to test for ketones and get an idea of how long it takes to get back into it.

im certainly not a regular cheater by any means, just curious!

Back