What is inspiring you to make SW work for you?

I had my son 2 years ago and put on about 4 stone. Since then I've stayed in my house and refused to see anyone other than close family. I wouldn't even go to my local corner shop which is literally 2 mins away and I've lost contact with the majority of my friends. Also I don't have any pictures of me and my beautiful little boy. January this year something changed in me and I suddenly decided enough was enough and this year I was going to change my life and lose this weight. It took a few weeks to build the courage but on 27th Jan I joined my local Slimming World group and my weight loss journey began. I go to group every week, have made some great new friends, who support me and inspire me. I had my weekly weigh in on Thursday, had lost 5.5lb which took me to a total loss of just over 1stone and I also won slimmer of the week. I'm so proud of myself and just wish I'd started sooner. I'm 30 at the end of this month and have just arranged a night out with a bunch of my friends old and new and am really looking forward to it. We've booked a family photo shoot in April and a holiday abroad in August. I really hope I continue to lose weight, regain my confidence and make the most of my life. Minimins is great for support, inspiration and tips. Thank you everyone and good luck in your own weight loss journeys x

charlies angel said:
I had my son 2 years ago and put on about 4 stone. Since then I've stayed in my house and refused to see anyone other than close family. I wouldn't even go to my local corner shop which is literally 2 mins away and I've lost contact with the majority of my friends. Also I don't have any pictures of me and my beautiful little boy. January this year something changed in me and I suddenly decided enough was enough and this year I was going to change my life and lose this weight. It took a few weeks to build the courage but on 27th Jan I joined my local Slimming World group and my weight loss journey began. I go to group every week, have made some great new friends, who support me and inspire me. I had my weekly weigh in on Thursday, had lost 5.5lb which took me to a total loss of just over 1stone and I also won slimmer of the week. I'm so proud of myself and just wish I'd started sooner. I'm 30 at the end of this month and have just arranged a night out with a bunch of my friends old and new and am really looking forward to it. We've booked a family photo shoot in April and a holiday abroad in August. I really hope I continue to lose weight, regain my confidence and make the most of my life. Minimins is great for support, inspiration and tips. Thank you everyone and good luck in your own weight loss journeys x

Well done when u know it's time then it's time I weighed the least I have since I was like 17 or 18 when I was 30 & had probably one of the best nights out ever. I was confident & happy & I'm well on my way to being that person again, it feels like so much longer than 6 years ago :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Hi all :0)

I started SW on the 10th of Jan and so far have lost 1st 5lb :0) I really want to lose 2.5 stone by the time I go on holiday in June so that I can go shopping and get lovely summer clothes and not be restricted to just a few shops that do my size. I really want to feel good about myself again. I lost over 4.5 stone with slimming world for my wedding day in 2006 but since then the weight has gone back on with a little extra too :-( I had a scrummy little girl in 2008 and I now have extra weight and a wobbly mummy tummy he he.
My weight is holding me back from doing things with my husband and daughter for example swimming, there is no way I feel confident enough to go swimming at the moment, I know u will get there and that is my aim I feel I am missing out on doing things and what's worse I feel we all are as a family.
My journey has begun and I'm really pleased with how things are going at the moment.
Good luck to each and everyone of you we can do it x

Hi, what a great idea for posts

My reason for wanting to lose the weight is that I moved away from home and I hate the feeling that every time I go back and visit my friends and family see me getting that little bit bigger and bigger each time. I want to see their faces light up with surprise at my weight LOSS and not my weight GAIN!
Also I haven't wore jeans and felt comfortable in about 2 years now and I am dying to get a gorgeous new pair of jeans for the summer and just look great in them!
Finally; I just want to feel a bit more proud of myself because its difficult when everyday you see the things that you don't like and you don't always have the motivation to change.This time around I think I have the ability to get through it.

:)

Back