What is Scan Bran???

I think 4 scan bran plus a weetabix equals 1 HEXB. I must defend the scan bran!!! I have a real sweet tooth and they allow me to bake cakes to satisfy my cravings.

Today I have made a ginger cake (from the SW recipes) and the whole cake is only 6 syns or 1 HEXB. I had some earlier with a toffee muller and it's really quite yummy and VERY filling! Have also made the carrott cake and choccie cake versions before.

xx

SCAN BRANS…….

SCAN BRAN Moisture Resistant Board Tapered Edge
SCAN BRAN Moisure Resistant Board is a gypsum plasterboard with water repellent additives in the core and paper liners.

SCAN BRAN Moisture Resistant consists of an aerated gypsum core with water repellent additives encased in, and firmly bonded to strong paper liners. SCAN BRAN Moisture Resistant is a plasterboard that is suitable for drylining internal surfaces.
Applications

Suitable as a base for tiling in wet use areas. Also used for external soffits in sheltered positions.
Board colour
Green face paper
Green reverse side paper
Very popular for individuals on Slimming World Plans

Gyproc_Moisture_Resistant2.jpg

From £7.93 ex VAT (£ 9.12 inc) Board

PHIL XXX

Suprise suprise, I'm going to defend Scan Bran once again! You can't knock if you haven't tried it, found out how "useful" it is, how versatile it can be with loads of different toppings (LOTS of ideas on here), and stuck with it for a while to see if you CAN make use of it! At this very moment I'm just finishing a lunch of 2 SB with vlf cottage cheese and Marmite on, with a HUGE plate of salad, which includes raw cauliflower, leeks, chinese leaf and carrot, with tomatos cucumber and celery - we've run out of broccoli and lettuce at present - and a spoonful of cold baked beans. I can hear you all gagging from here!!!

BUT, if you prepare the SB first (better still, get OH to do it!), the topping does 'soak in' and soften it a bit. Personally, I prefer it to Ryvita, which I find really rips my mouth up...

When it comes to cakes, I'd FAR rather have a quick and easy, microwaved cake thats VERY low in syns, than no cake at all!

Really should have been "Scan Bran Bunny"...!!!

Back