What is the heaviest you have been when you've flown?

i do
my weight before a flight is usually 2-3lb lighter than when i get off
i think its due to water retention and dehydration

Angelchops I flew with flybe about two months ago at 17.3 stone and fitted absolutely fine. So stop worrying and start looking forward to ur hols!!!!!!!!

As you can see by my ticker, i'm due to go away on holiday. Hoping that i'll be down to 16 stone by then. So am worried that my bum will be too big.

I went to Legoland a few weeks back the first time in 4 years and i got on every ride although didn't have the chance for the helicopter one and that was the one that i nearly got kicked off.

Hubby has upgraded our flights. The only worry now is keeping my hyper 4 yr old under control.

Hiya, i went to florida in dec 2006 weiging around 22st mark(OMG)
It was with virgin, and i was fine in the seats, but came back with united airways and needed extension?!?!? But you should be fine x
Have a great trip! x:D

I agree with Barb, it's not the seat belt it's the fold out table that is the problem. :(

Ahhhh!

That lap tray!!! I usually end up eating my meal off my Hubby's tum or arm!! He is a big bloke too!!!

I long for the days when I can pull that flap down - I will definitely make that known!!!

Ahhhh!

That lap tray!!! I usually end up eating my meal off my Hubby's tum or arm!! He is a big bloke too!!!

I long for the days when I can pull that flap down - I will definitely make that known!!!

And I for one will be chearing you on because I know that the lap trap challenge is one of those little things in life that really make a difference. Slim people wouldn't understand that I don't think :)

The heaviest I've flown at is about 11 and a half stones and believe me I might be able to pull the tray down but it's still a blinking nuicance. Those things just aren't made big enough for everything that has to go on it.

I flew last year at 21 stone and needed a belt extension. This year I flew at 23.5 stone and fitted easily into the seat, with no extension needed, so obviously different seats and belts in different aircrafts.

Shame of all shames but i have a kinda funny/possibly cringe worthy story to tell....

Flew to London with BMI baby on Friday morning... weight 18stone 7lb :sigh::sigh::sigh: was reckoning on having to get an extension belt for myself so was kinda ready for that, well as ready as i would ever be.... was flying with 2 friends who are skinnys but cos we had booked separately we were seated separately which suited me fine cos i kinda knew i'd be asking for the extendo fat fecker belt :eek::eek::eek::eek: anyways... sat meself down into the seat... the belt nearly did up but just couldn't get it that extra inch or so... asked the very nice flight attendant for the extension and he couldn't have been nicer... got it buckled meself in... blushes gone... magazine out and ready to go... another flight attendant sits down beside me (had to move the guy beside me to sit in) anyways she tells me that cos i'm sitting in the emergency exit I either couldn't have the extendo fat fecker belt or I would have to be moved......................................... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the shame.... my friends were sitting behind me, thankfully a good few seats, which i told the air hostess and she in her innocence said sure i'll see if there are any seats beside them.... noooooooooooo way i said me with me extendo belt.... ha ha anyways they moved me to first class thank you very much and the belt fit fine and it was all lovely... was offered everything under the sun... think they thought i was upset which i kinda was but not with them with myself... but i was too busy thinking of excuses as to why i was moved to first class to tell my mates when we got off!!!!! anyways they didn't even notice which was cool and on the flight back the seat belt fit with loads of extra room!!!!

moral of the story DO NOT SIT IN THE EMERGENCY EXIT IF YOU HAVE ANY INCLING YOU ARE GONNA NEED EXTENDO BELT!!!!!

Other moral... BMI baby staff are very very nice and made what could have been a nightmare situation and a possible ruination of a brill weekend into a very discreet move and a nice ending!!!!

For me the final moral is.... I will never ever ever put myself in that position again!!!

I did see the funny side of it all but only cos of the way it worked out... if my friends had have been involved or became aware of it in anyway it would have been very different!!!!

Awww Gen I can fully sympathise with your predicament... I am flying to Edinburgh with my friends in December and I am already feeling sick to the stomach that the seat belt won't fit...:eek::cry: I'm about 18.7lbs at mo and trying to loose a few pounds.... have flown with Ryan Air this year and seat belt tight - but seats fine.... flew with Thomson loads of room on seat belt but seats tight.... flying with Flybe this time - never flown with them before so panic is already setting in that it won't fit....:eek: In my head I keep thinking of excuses not to go cos I feel so ashamed of myself... I do this every year - I say I'll go and then when the time comes I dread going cos I'm always the fat fecker friend.... all my other friends are either v slim or alot slimmer than me (not difficult mind...lol!).....

Anyone know if Flybe seat belts generous or not?

I have a flight related story that was quite emabarrasing at the time...

i was flying down to heathrow last year, and i'm a nervous passenger at the best of times, always making sure i know where the exits are and that i'm only a row or two away, as well as watching the in-flight safety demo... without blinking.. sad i know!

i glanced over to the emergency exit, the flight wasn't very full and there are two of the oldest crusty couple i had ever seen.. i couldn't believe it they looked over 100! i couldn't stop thinking we'd all burn to a crisp before they'd manage to open the door...

anyway i mentioned it to a cabin crew who got really anal and told me that it was quite fine as there was alot of empty seats so plenty room to move in an emergency!

WTF? :eek:

i told her that it was dangerous and that they'd snap in half if they had to open the exit door! she was not amused and went over in a loud voice and told them a passenger had COMPLAINED that they had sat at the exit and would they kindly move! I was mortified as the oldies eyeballed me for the rest of the flight!!

needless to say my friends dread flying with me!! :D

Back