What is * week??

yes u got it:)

Thanks for the answers,does it make some huge difference then ,I keep seeing it being mentioned and just wondered?
Is it because you crave more then....I don't get it lol !!

Two words: water retention!

varies from person to person I think - some people it could be cravings, a friend of mine has a lot of water retention around that time as I say it varies but it can account for some gains or sts that week, usually gone the week after though!

I've always thought it a bit strange that everyone calls it *week on here - we are all adults and surely we can use the word period?
............just a thought!

Yes water retention and breasts like melons hee hee I said breasts :D

It's strange, I never called it * week until I came to SW!

For many, it's not your actual period...it's the preceeding week when hormones are going a bit loopy and appetite a bit bonkers. Also, as mentioned, water retention. It can have a really negative effect on the scales, but it is usually gone once the period is over.

I hate the silly euphemism as well! It comes from consultants marking your weigh-in sheet with a star to indicate that you had your period then and to account for any weight increases.

it bothers some people more than others, but i think a fair number of people also use it as an excuse. Okay you can have cravings but you don't need to give in. Some people find that it's easier to do green days around this time.

When I went to my Mum's class with her there was a woman who gained or STS every week and always blamed this, the wierd thing was she was about 60. Everyone knew she was lying but she just said it loud and proud and no-one felt brave enough to challenge it. I almost admired her b@lls- but then wondered why she bothered to waste her money every week!

I went to a group and the women sts for weeks on end and she was not bothered because she liked getting out of her house and having company with other women!

When I went to my Mum's class with her there was a woman who gained or STS every week and always blamed this, the wierd thing was she was about 60. Everyone knew she was lying but she just said it loud and proud and no-one felt brave enough to challenge it. I almost admired her b@lls- but then wondered why she bothered to waste her money every week!

I've always thought it a bit strange that everyone calls it *week on here - we are all adults and surely we can use the word period?
............just a thought!

I think this is for the benefit of any men in the class, i think thy call it star week as to not embaress any men lol, we all know what men are like when it comes to our periods

I hate calling it period. So sorry guys im guna call it totm or * week! My nanna used to call it her friend but i certainly don't think it is that! hehe

Ha ha - how many euphemisms are there though! 'I've got my aunty coming to stay' 'I've got the painters in'....................ok I'll give up now lol!

Back