What is wrong with me? Argghhh!

gil7044

I'm seriously falling off the wagon at the moment and I MUST get my head sorted. I'm so sick of this. I've been so busy lately with work and family, which is normal by the way, but I feel I'm convincing myself that's the reason why I'm not sticking to the task in hand! What a silly woman - I know why I eat and it's not work or family - it's me!

It is TOTM now and I feel I could literally rip someones head off cause I'm so disappointed in myself.

From tomorrow I will be adding to the 'honk if you've been 100% today' thread everyday - I have to.

Gx

It is good that you have a plan. Do not beat yourself up. You have recognised that you are falling off the wagon, you know why and now you can do something about it. The steps you have taken so far are positive. Try and keep in that positive mind set. It will help no end with getting back on track :) Good luck!

Try to keep in mind the reasons why you decided to do this in the first place. Look at where you want to be and how happy you will be when you get there. We all have difficult times when dieting - don't be hard on yourself. Get back to it like you have planned and you'll soon be seeing the rewards again. Good luck xx

From tomorrow I will be adding to the 'honk if you've been 100% today' thread everyday - I have to.
It's such a small thing but I feel so proud each time I honk :)
Take it one day at a time.
I find that the busier I am the less I think about food. It was midday yesterday before I remembered to have my shake.
Good luck - you can do this :)

Hi there, try to keep motivated it'll be so worth it in the end and just remember its only a few weeks out of a whole lifetime and will make you feel so good when you get to goal that it'll be so worth it! Try and just get through a day at a time, goodluck! x

OK I'm gong to buck the trend a bit here and be a bit less supportive and a bit more harsh - please don't take it the wrong way!

You're making excuses. Being busy doesn't mean you have to eat, like Kitty says for a lot of us this diet is actually easier if we have lots to do.

You are eating cos you WANT to, no other reason. So what you have to do is stop fannying around and telling yourself you can't do this, you need to eat, it's because you are stressed, etc etc etc. It's all just excuses and it's not true.

You need to go back to one-pack-at-a-time, and stick to it. So have your first pack. Then you only have to wait a few hours til it's time for the next one - you can do that yeah? Couple of hours is nothing compared to being healthy for the rest of your life. Once you've had that one it's only a few hours til the next one, so you can do that can't you? Just a few more hours, that's not going to be a problem surely? If it is, split your packs in half and eat less but more often, then it is literally just going to be an hour or two between meals. Even you have enough willpower to not eat for 2 hours ffs, 2 hours is nothing! :p Once you've had your final pack of the day, well it's only going to be a few hours til bedtime and you can go another few hours without eating I'm sure.

Next day you can post up your honk for us all to cheer at and start all over again, keeping in mind that you only have to stick it out for a couple more hours - if you really need to eat then you can, but it's more likely that by the time you have got there and had your next pack you won't want or need to eat anything else.

Also bear in mind that by constant cheating you are sabotaging yourself in another way - more snacks = less ketosis = more hunger = more snacks :rolleyes: and so on and so on. So you're making it harder for yourself, which is a bloody daft thing to do!

C'mon G, give yourdelf a mental kick up the ass and get on with it. You CAN do this. You only have to do it for a couple more hours............;)

That's a great post Yambabe! Might print it off and stick it on my wall for when I feel myself flagging....

Great post Yambabe! I have been faffing about since returning from holiday and that has given me the :asskick:that I needed x

What Yambabe said!! That was a great post thankyou!!! The reason I have put my weight back on is I have spent the last year making excuses..only when you stop making the excuses will you have the mind to just get on with it. You CAN do it, and you WILL do it...you are not alone!! Just grit your teeth and take one step at a time. Focus on the future and what you will look like - draw a picture if you have to, write it down and stick it on the wall - every time you are struggling remind yourself of the motivation you had before and the reasons you are doing it!!

One thing I have done is said to myself that I am only putting off the inevitable - if I want to do the plans I have set, achieve what I want to achieve and become what I dream..I have to go through the process at some point!!

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."

gil - I know how you feel. Last night I had a huge row with the OH, stormed off in a huff and downed a KFC hot rod meal, with an extra two hot rods on the side. It made me feel better for about 2 minutes, and then the guilt set in, and now I feel sh-t! Don't know why I did it - I knew it wouldn't make me happy.

Yambabe makes a good point, although it might not apply 100% to you I think she has a valid point and a lot of it applies to me - I look for excuses. At the end of the day if we wanted to be applauded for failure we would all be at weight watchers and not on Exante!!

Did someone say "it's all just excuses and it's not true" ????

Yambabe you're messing with my mind man !!!!!

Yay, you're back! :D Hope all is going well in your world TT mwah.

I'm messing with your mind you say?

Haha, my work here is done.........;)

Hey - we all have these times so you're not alone. I find that I have to give myself the mind set of 'do' or 'do not' and there's no other option. I know this helps me when I ever think of eating - because if I'm doing this - it's simply not an option to cheat.
Don't know if that helps any, but you can do it and when you stick to it you know it's going to get easier as you see the results.
Keep going
xx

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, and I agree 100% with Yambabe, I make excuses that's why I said it's not my family or work, it's me. I know I can do this....I'm chosing not to at the moment by excusing my bad behaviour...'it's only a bag of crisps'...it's only cheese'...it's only, it's only.... Well no more. I've asked my OH to ask me everyday if I've been cheating; he's very supportive and since I hide a lot of what I eat from him, I know I'll hate it if I have to tell him I've been snacking. I've also set alarms on my phone to remind me of my holiday coming up in a few weeks.

Thanks again everyone....as always you are a great help. Gx

Back