What is wrong with me?!?!?! :(

sxykyle

hello everyone :wave_cry: it seems that every thread that i post on here is me moaning and complaining about how bad i have been and not very many good threads :sigh: and i am here again!!! what is up with me, i have been good all week but thursday went alton towers and i could of had jacket but i didnt and i dont know why well i do its the lack of motivation and determination! i could honestly cry right now. Mon weigh in i had gained 7 and half pounds and now currently weigh more than i did when joined slimming world 7 weeks ago!!! i have been good the other days of the week but again today i had a portion of chips and work :mad: only a few but i feel terrible and so so scared about going mon weigh in now incase i have gained again!!!! its a vicious circle i feel down because i have gained which makes me eat more! i do feel determinaed inside of me and as of Mon i am going to go for it but i am going be good tomo its not an excuse to be naughty again! but i just feel such a failure and a waste of space :(

There's nothing wrong with you... It just sounds like your struggling with motivation and will power at the moment and we've all been there! It takes a lot to say no to the things you want, especially food. If it were easy none of us would be here in the first place.

Every time your tempted, just remind yourself how important reaching your target weight is to you and if you do have a blip, make sure its just a momentary blip and you don't consider the whole days diet ruined and continue to eat rubbish (i've done that so many times!)

And don't give yourself too hard a time, we're all in it together and we are all here to support you. Won't be long before your raving about reaching your target weight.

One thing I've had to learn is not looking at losing the weight as a Punishment for putting it on in the first place, but as a Kindness to myself. :)

I'm going to look and feel 10 times better in the future, and those chips, cakes and chocolate that I REALLY REALLY want are going to only make me feel good in the short term. Saying that though, if I do give into myself, I've then also got to be kind by not beating myself up over it, and giving up on myself and saying "oh you're a failure" then emotionally eating. Maybe instead thinking "I enjoyed that, it was a small treat for me doing so well" :)

Let yourself have the treats, that's what your syns are there for!! After all, nothing makes the human race want something more than someone saying it's forbidden!!

It's about re-education about food rather than restriction, but when you do have to say "No" to yourself, see it as a kindness to yourself. Another trick I've learnt is if im peckish, do something like, peg the washing out, or read a chapter of a book before reaching for food... if I'm still hungry, then I know it's not just bordem making me have the munchies! :)

Good luck!

Oh, and do go back to your group, maybe ask to rejoin, start a fresh, rather than looking at 'I'm heavier than when I started'

Thank you :) i am really struggling with motivation and willpower at the moment that is the problem i seemed to have loads at the beginning and then for some reason it has just gone! and i am struggling to get it back. i am going to go the weigh in on Mon but i just feel so embrassed and ashamed of myself when the woman again says "you gained...." and i try make a joke of it but deep down inside im hurting and upset :( i am determined more than ever inside i just got to stck at it i really want to reach my target :( think i just need good cry lol get it out my system. but thank you guys does really help me and that is my problem i punishing myself for eating the things i shouldnt eat! which is the vicious circle!

Well you know all of us on here are here for support not for criticism or judgement :)

Maybe have a sit down and explain that to your Consultant too? See if she can recommend anything? (if you feel comfortable with that, I might not with mine!)

Offering hugs hun. It's very hard I find when you are out and about, and everyone round you is eating their chips and burgers. You're allowed a treat and you're allowed a bad week, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again xxx

after reading your post I'm thinking that you can't have put 7 pounds on just by one bad day, I know you said you're being good the rest of the time but that is a lot to put on after 1 day. How about putting a food diary on here so people can guide and help you? You'll also find it motivating and keeping yourself on the straight and narrow too.

don't avoid the scales, they are your friend, they signify a new week, whats gone is gone and there's the next week to look forward to.

Do you plan your meals and syns or just wing it on a daily basis?

as said above we're all here to help and motivate, don't beat yourself up, give yourself a chance :) xx

dont look back, look forward...........we cant change what happened but we are in control of what happens now. Make it happen, NOW! xx

Do you meal plan? I can't recommend planning enough, especially when you're struggling! If you can't plan for a full week just do a few days and try and include everything in it - HE's, superfree and syns.

As soon as you've weighed in today a new weeks begins.

Take control back for yourself. You know you can do this and you know it works!!

I find that you can go somewhere for the day & have the best intentions of sticking to plan but when you're actually there it's easy to go out the window. Especially when everyone you're with is eating what they want. I think motivation is hard to hold on to & only you can truly motivate yourself. Do you have a goal or date to work towards, a holiday or something? I have no plans but I know how much I want to slim down & be happy with my body so for me that's motivation enough. I find it very easy to go off plan, so don't think you're alone in that. All I need is a few days back on plan to get me totally back on track, and SW makes you feel so good & healthy :) Keep that in mind. Try to have a week of sticking to plan with no interuptions (which may mean no going out) just so you get yourself going so when you do go out, you won't want to spoil all your hard work.

after reading your post I'm thinking that you can't have put 7 pounds on just by one bad day, I know you said you're being good the rest of the time but that is a lot to put on after 1 day. How about putting a food diary on here so people can guide and help you? You'll also find it motivating and keeping yourself on the straight and narrow too.

don't avoid the scales, they are your friend, they signify a new week, whats gone is gone and there's the next week to look forward to.

Do you plan your meals and syns or just wing it on a daily basis?

as said above we're all here to help and motivate, don't beat yourself up, give yourself a chance :) xx

It wasnt a bad day it was 2 bad WEEKS lol! that why i have gained 7 pounds which im not surprised really the amount i ate each day i thought it would be around a stone mark! xx

Thank you all for your replies well i havent been on here for a while because i was my friends birthing partner and had the most amazing experience in my life watching her beautiful boy being born! i have been good all week! and been having my syns when i need them, like for example sugars at the hospital because i cant have tea without no sugar! its just forbidden haha! the only thing is i have been eating tea quite late at night past 2 days which think had upset my stomach a bit lol! but other than that i have been 100% and feel great! i do plan my meals in advance because i find it stops me looking in the cupboards when hungry and grabbnig first thing i see lol! thank you my slimming world friends! :D xxx

Im ok :) I'm within I'm target range I think! But motivation needs to get back from its little bus trip or I won't be ;-) just finding a little hard right now weigh in at 9:30 am tomorrow will let you know xxx

I know it's hard to do (I've been beating myself up all week for going out on Monday night and then having a hangover munch on Tues) but draw a line under it and start a fresh. Every second is a new opportunity to get back on the bandwagon.

Yesterday I went shopping with friends and they both had rather unhealthy lunches (even though both are size 8's...lucky ducks) and whilst I wanted to cave I just kept saying to myself, yes it's crap but be honest with yourself, a meal lasts 20 minutes being overweight, self conscious and unhappy lasts a lot longer.

You can do it! Do you have much to lose? Mini targets (I find they help me)? etc.

All_about_the_climb said:
I know it's hard to do (I've been beating myself up all week for going out on Monday night and then having a hangover munch on Tues) but draw a line under it and start a fresh. Every second is a new opportunity to get back on the bandwagon.

Yesterday I went shopping with friends and they both had rather unhealthy lunches (even though both are size 8's...lucky ducks) and whilst I wanted to cave I just kept saying to myself, yes it's crap but be honest with yourself, a meal lasts 20 minutes being overweight, self conscious and unhappy lasts a lot longer.

You can do it! Do you have much to lose? Mini targets (I find they help me)? etc.

I know that was aimed at the original poster but your post was so inspirational :) really helped thank you x

Last edited:
Back