What is wrong with me!?

Cherrypie

I just massively gorged and are 2 burgers including cheese, onions and bun. Then I had a bowl of chocolate cereal and then a pack of jelly tots :( this is the first time on this diet I have properly binged like this but for some reason could not stop myself. And I am always so annoyed when my weight doesn't change and I am finally making headway this week and this happens :(
Sad now :(

Sorry, cherry... :(

Remember this feeling! Don't want to feel this bad again, do you? Try to take in this feeling as much as possible to deter yourself from doing it again. :)

Were you mega hungry or just really craving that stuff? When I'm super hungry I have an extra pack or step up to a low carb meal, it does help, even just a slice of chicken. If it's a craving then I step on the scale & think "How much will I gain if I eat ______ ?, How long will it take to get back to where I am now? Is it.... worth it? The food will be there when I'm done this diet, it can wait. Cravings pass. Hunger passes." Drink a good amount of water and have a pack, you might find that the craving or hunger won't be fully gone - but it will be more manageable, easier to push through.

I'm sure you probably know all this, but it's always good to just rethink everything, we all slip up but the important thing is to learn from it. Don't beat yourself up right now, tomorrow is a new day, get right back on it and remember how upset you are right now for having a binge, use it to fuel you further and have a great start on Monday! :)

Aww thanks. Very wise words. I think it was a craving for those foods plus I know it sounds strange but I just wanted to feel full!! I do feel full now too. I know I should have had a pack but I just thought I might treat myself as I haven't eaten in such a long time.
I'm doing quite a lot at the gym at the moment too, I've just started the couch to 5k and really enjoying it but I believe I may need more food than I am eating at the moment. I know I just need to eat the right things though and make those choices. Have promised myself I will work harder at the gym tomorrow to counteract what I have eaten today but I know that may also be counter productive. I'm going to just place today as a blip and hope that jog I had this morning burns off what I just ate!! Oh well I guess a little binge won't kill me as long as like you say I get right back on it again tomorrow. Which I most definately am going to do!!

Back