What is your favorite Novel book...?

Anything by Douglas Adams :) I think Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency has been my favourite so far.

So hard to choose just one... so here's my Top 5 in no particular order:

Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
The Secret History - Donna Tartt
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver
Gone With the Wind - Margaret Mitchell
The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

As a Literature student i should say my fave is some intellectual epic but my fave books are the Discworld novels by terry pratchett i just love the imaginery world and hilarious characters

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. Must have read it 5 times and love it. :D

I loved that book! Thought none of his others lived up to it (not that i've read them all).

My favourite book of all time though has to be A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving.

My favourite book of all time though has to be A Prayer for Owen Meany - John Irving.

A book I have been meaning to read for years, just added to my amazon basket so will get a copy and deffo read it over the summer!

As a Literature student i should say my fave is some intellectual epic but my fave books are the Discworld novels by terry pratchett i just love the imaginery world and hilarious characters

Me too. Highbrow be damned.

My favourite ever is I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.

Reminds me of my childhood.

I have 2 favourite novels ...."Thirty Nothing" by Lisa Jewell, and "Tunnel Vision" by Keith Lowe .... I've just read "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult and that was really good too :) xx

Gosh I loved Thirty Nothing, but must have been a good 10 years since I read it when I was in my early twenties... now I am a thirty-ahem-something I would probably enjoy it even more. Thanks for the reminder :)

If you haven't read the book I recommended called One Day by David Nicholls you should, I think you'd enjoy that too :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/One-Day-Dav...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280325304&sr=1-1

Gah , hard to chose just one ...
Top 5 in no particular order then ....

1- The surgeon by Tess Gerritsen
2- The Belgariad series by Davis Eddings
3- Schindler's Ark by Thomas Keneally
4- Animal Farm - George Orwell
5- The Body Farm - Patricia Cornwell

I have such a varied collection of books I cant pick just one , picking 5 was hard enough ! heh :eek:

Last edited:
Gosh I loved Thirty Nothing, but must have been a good 10 years since I read it when I was in my early twenties... now I am a thirty-ahem-something I would probably enjoy it even more. Thanks for the reminder :)

If you haven't read the book I recommended called One Day by David Nicholls you should, I think you'd enjoy that too :) One Day: Amazon.co.uk: David Nicholls: Books

I read it in my early 20's too and almost 30 now :D need to get another copy though as my brother stole it never to be returned :rolleyes:

I've got "One Day" but haven't got around to reading it yet, far too many books on the "to read" list at the moment!! xxx

My favourite book is Strangers by Dean Koontz, I read it when I was a teenager and loved it, then again a few years ago and it was fab :)

I love this thread btw, I'm reading loads at the mo and you've all given me some great new buys to add to the list :D

Mine's got to be Jennifer Donnelly's "The Tea Rose" and sequel "Winter Rose" brilliant read and both books are huge - 3rd sequel out early next year called "Wild Rose"

Its a family saga with love, murder,suspence spanning several era's dating back to 1898 in whitechapel around the time of the ripper - you won't be disappointed if you buy the first you will definately want the next! ;o)

Thanks, Trash,
I will keep a look out for them.
My ab fav books are the In Death series by J D Robb (also known as Nora Roberts)
Set in the future they feature a lady cop who deals soley with murder, but tells her life story as well

My ultimate novel which I read over and over again and it always moves me is Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian - simply awesome

My ultimate novel which I read over and over again and it always moves me is Goodnight Mister Tom by Michelle Magorian - simply awesome

that was one that really made me cry!

My favourite book ever, is The Bachman Books, by Stephen King. It contains two of the most beautiful, poignant novellas I have ever read. (The long walk and The running man)

Back