What is your number 1 favourite meal

Laurie's recipe for Chicken Cake

Chicken Cake

Ingredients
4 Skinless chicken breasts (skin and all fat removed)
8 Morrisons eat smart pork sausages
3 Babybel lights
6 Rashers of bacon (all fat removed)

Method
1- Spray some fry light in a square/rectangular oven proof dish
2-Slice 2 chicken breasts in small slithers and layer the bottom of the dish.
3- Remove the skin from the sausages (I just slid my knife along and skin came off easily)
4-Break the sausage meat up into little blobs and layer it over the chicken.
5-Slice the Babybel up small and lay randomly on top of the sausage meat.
6-Using a potato masher push the cheese into the sausage meat.
7-Slice the remaining 2 chicken breasts in slithers and place over the cheese/sausage meat.
8-Top with the bacon
9-Cover with tin foil and cook at 200 for 2 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
10-Half hour before cooked, remove the tin foil. You will have liquid from the chicken, pour this away and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.

It does sound amazing going to try it this week xx
This does sound amazing, going to give it a go with the syn free bbq sauce! :)

One of my favorites is jacket potato chicken fillet green beans and carrots.
The jacket potato cover in olive oil then sprinkle sea salt over it,DO NOT PRICK IT WITH ANYTHING
next put in oven not on a tray cook for 1hour 45 minutes,i cook the chicken on a George Forman grill and add beans and carrots and serve,the potato is very crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside.Forgot to say cook potato on gas mark 5

Last edited:
Oh my, sooo many yummy recipes, cant wait to get cooking em!
I have literally just read this whole thread and pinched a heck of a lot of recipes to put in my SW folder (I'm getting organised, oh yes..).
If I think of anything I'll post it here to so others can pinch mine!

I just had to post again... I tried the cheescake last night - (melted alpen light topped with quark mixed with white choc options and sweetener).... and it was DELISH!! Amazing how the taste and texture of the quark is just like any other cheesecake. And only 2 syns (if you eat half and 1 alpen is part of your HEB). Yum! :)

As of 10 mins ago - cheese onion & potato pie is my fave.
No one would ever know that it was anything other than comfort food

so glad you are all enjoying the quickie cheesecake - it's so simples .................

:D

Yep, it is delish, we had it again last night and all my family eat it, kids of 15, 9, and 4!! Think I might try it with some chilli ot cayenne pepper in it next time tho for that extra autumn/winter warmth

well this might seem boring, but it is my fave, chicken and bacon pasta:

pasta, bacon, chicken, mushrooms, quark, pesto,

cook the bacon and chicken, then the mushrooms, throw into freshly cooked warm pasta, mix in quark, then a tablespoon of pesto, grate some parmesan over, quick and delicious, remembering to count pts for parmesan (if not using as an healthy A option), and the pesto, which isn't that many syns per t/bspoon. YUMMY!

That sounds sooo yummy. I love pesto, will definately be trying it. Thanks:)

Mexican Veggie Burgers are my fav at the moment - from last months SW mag. They don't take long to make (only 5 mins grilling) but taste like the burger king bean burger.

2x 400g kidney beans
breadcrumbs (2 sml slices wholemeal)
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsb cumin
zest of 1 lime (optional)
1 beaten egg

crush kidney beans, add breadcrumbs, paprika, cumin, egg, lime, any herbs & season. Mix together.

Form into burgers (should get 8 small) and grill for 5 mins.

:greenapple:

I made SW Moussaka tonight it was delicious, even my husband liked it, high praise indeed :D.

Moussaka

Fry light
1 onion
4 garlic cloves
397g extra lean minced lamb
2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp sweetener
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt and pepper
4 large potatoes - peeled
2 large aubergines – sliced into 1cm rounds

For topping:

• Preheat your oven to 180c/350F/Gas 4. Heat a large frying pan sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry the onion, garlic and minced lamb for 3-4 minutes, or until the mince is sealed. Season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  • Meanwhile, Parboil the potatoes in boiling waster for 10-12 minutes. Drain, cool then slice and set aside. Place the aubergine slices under a hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
  • Spray a medium, ovenproof dish with Fry Light. To assemble the moussaka, place a single layer of potato on the base of the dish, followed by a layer of aubergine. Repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
  • For the topping, mix together the yogurt, egg yolks, nutmeg and parsley. Season well. Pour the topping over the moussaka and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden.

Yuk Sung at the moment!

Frozen mixed berries with a 0% yogurt on top...with a meringue if I have a few syns to spare ;)

Back