What is your number 1 favourite meal

Quick noodle lunch

I use a packet of super noodles or cheap equivalent and make as instucted. Meanwhile chop up some chinese leaf, onions and peppers and stir fry onto the noddles and voila a very quick tasty lunch.

Does anyone know if coca cola chicken can be made using Quorn?? The recipe sounds so intresting i'd love to try it but I'm veggie.....

ciranna said:
Does anyone know if coca cola chicken can be made using Quorn?? The recipe sounds so intresting i'd love to try it but I'm veggie.....

I don't see why not! Sure give it a try. It's yummy!

Tried the coca cola chicken with quorn and it was a huge success, everyone in the family loved it - have got all my friends wanting to try it now......

dribbler said:
Quick noodle lunch

I use a packet of super noodles or cheap equivalent and make as instucted. Meanwhile chop up some chinese leaf, onions and peppers and stir fry onto the noddles and voila a very quick tasty lunch.

Are super noodles not very high in syns? I know the low fat ones are ok but I thought I read on here others were 10 syns! Eek

Can anyone tell me does the Diet Coke Chicken taste like BBQ sauce? I hate BBQ sauce and thought I read someone saying it was like it!!

Are super noodles not very high in syns? I know the low fat ones are ok but I thought I read on here others were 10 syns! Eek

Can anyone tell me does the Diet Coke Chicken taste like BBQ sauce? I hate BBQ sauce and thought I read someone saying it was like it!!

Yeah the Supernoodles are 10 Syns :eek: as i found out after eating packets of them first week into SW but low-fat ones are free :)

French Toast with cheese and bacon. Simple enough, Bread used as HEB dipped in egg and fried in fry light with cheese (HEA) and bacon in the middle. Excellent breakfast.

Oh and Spaghetti carbonara. Spaghetti, eggs, bacon, cheese... cook spaghetti, drain off water, add eggs and cheese on top of spaghetti cook through so it goes like scrambled egg on the spaghetti and add cooked bacon and seasoning.

My favourite recipe at the mo is cous cous pizza. I can't get enough of them. Will be trying the diet coke chicken and doner kebab thry both sound delish

Chilli con Carne

My favourite is by far a classic Chilli con Carne. I've been cooking this for years and was delighted when I joined SW that is was only 0.5 syns per portion (on EE) if substituting sugar for sweetener!

Serves 3 (or 2 very hungry people)
250g extra lean mince
1 red onion, sliced
1 or 2 pepppers, sliced
mushrooms, sliced
1 or 2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
tin of chopped tomatoes
tin of Kidney beans in Chilli sauce
3 level tsps bisto gravy powder, original (0.5 syn per tsp)
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sweetener
mixed herbs
chilli powder (to taste)
frylight

1. Fry the mince until browned and transfer to a large saucepan.
2. Fry onions and peppers until soft. Add the garlic and chilli and fry for a minute or so. Add to mince.
3. Add all of the remaining ingredients and set on a very low heat, uncovered, stirring occassionally for 1 hour (minimum).
4. Serve with rice or a jacket potato. Top with grated cheese for your HEXa!

Dying to try the quark cheese cake

At the moment im loving tandoori chicken drumsticks & colslaw
Drum sticks
1 pack of chicken drumsticks - Remove the Skin i use a kitchen scissors
fat free yogurt or fromage frais
1-2 tsb Tandoori curry powder ( i use the tesco one but what ever type you fancy)
lemon juice

skin the chicken, marinade in bowl with the yogurt and tandoori powder over night or as long as you can in the fridge, bake in a fairly hot oven for 30-40min or depending on your oven how long it takes to cook through.
they should be a little charred looking squeeze lemon juice over before serving.

Coleslaw
1/4 of a white cabbage, fennel 1/2 bulb, carrots x2 onionx 1 - shred in food processer
stir though fat free fromage frais i add chilli flakes and a tsp of mustard make as wet or dry as you like
makes load and lasts in the fridge for 3-4 days

i have this at weekend with a glass of wine and all sin free sometimes i will have with slimming world chips

I have 2 favourite recipes, new potatoes and peas (crushed together with/without lowfat marg) under poached smoked haddock with a poached egg on top. so simple but tasty!

fry onions, mushrooms, chicken and bacon (i use smoked turkey bacon), mix with boiled new potatoes and add kraft light garlic and herb dressing to coat. (1 syn per tbsp) lovely hot or cold

Bolognese sauce with pasta

Ingredients

• • 2 rashers of smoked bacon
  • • 2 medium onions
  • • 2 cloves of garlic
  • • 2 carrots
  • • 2 sticks of celery
  • • Fry Light
  • • 2 heaped teaspoons dried oregano
  • • 500g good-quality minced beef
  • • 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
  • • sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • • a small bunch of fresh basil
  • • 100g Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • • 400-500g dried spaghetti or penne
• Finely slice the bacon
• Peel and finely chop the onions, garlic, carrots and celery – don’t worry about technique,
just chop away until fine
• Place a large pan on a medium to high heat
•Add Fry Light to your pan with, your sliced bacon and the oregano and cook and stir until the bacon is lightly golden
• Add the veg to the pan and stir every 30 seconds for around 7 minutes or until softened and lightly coloured
• Stir in the minced meat breaking it up with your spoon and brown
• Add the tinned tomatoes
• Fill one of the empty tins with water and add to the pan
• Stir in a good pinch of salt and pepper
• Pick the basil leaves and place in the fridge for later
• Finely chop the basil stalks and stir into the pan
• Bring to the boil
• Turn the heat down and simmer with a lid on and slightly askew for 1 hour, stirring every now and again
• Take the lid off and cook for another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
• Keep an eye on the sauce as it cooks, and if you think it’s starting to dry out, add a splash of water
• Remove the Bolognese sauce from the heat
• Finely grate the Parmesan and stir half into the sauce
• Tear and stir in any larger basil leaves, keeping the smaller ones for sprinkling over before serving
• Mix up, have a taste, and season with a little more salt and pepper if needed – congratulations! You now have a beautiful Bolognese sauce
• At this stage you can allow it to cool, bag it up and freeze it, or keep it warm while you cook your pasta

Serve with Pasta! Yummy

When looking for inspiration for recipes, there are so many I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed.

I thought if I started a thread asking people to state their number 1 fave recipe (with ingredients, method if possible) it might help me and others.

Thanks

I'll start. My favourite is Turkey, bacon and thyme hotpot.

2 leeks 9oz/255g smoked bacon chopped
1lb/454g turkey breast cut into pieces
thyme
7oz/198g mushrooms sliced
1/2pt/284ml chicken stock
1 level tbsp vegetable gravy granules

Cook bacon and leeks in Frylite for 5 minutes. Add turkey, thyme and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the gravy granules, cover and cook gently for 5-10 minutes. Serve with new potatoes and lots of veggies!!
how many sins xx

Last edited:
Back