What is your number 1 favourite meal

When looking for inspiration for recipes, there are so many I sometimes feel a little overwhelmed.

I thought if I started a thread asking people to state their number 1 fave recipe (with ingredients, method if possible) it might help me and others.

Thanks

I'll start. My favourite is Turkey, bacon and thyme hotpot.

2 leeks 9oz/255g smoked bacon chopped
1lb/454g turkey breast cut into pieces
thyme
7oz/198g mushrooms sliced
1/2pt/284ml chicken stock
1 level tbsp vegetable gravy granules

Cook bacon and leeks in Frylite for 5 minutes. Add turkey, thyme and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Stir in the gravy granules, cover and cook gently for 5-10 minutes. Serve with new potatoes and lots of veggies!!
How many sins x

I have a few my fave comfort food is gammon egg mushy peas and sw chips all free on ee mmmmmmmmm

chicken curry
chicken thighs skinless and boneless mushrooms onions peppers spinach passatta garlic (I use the lttle fresh tubs from morrisons and chilli) curry powder and chicken stock with rice yum yum

chicken marinaded in soy sauce garlic and chilli loadsa salad sw chips feels like a shish kebab

tried home made burgers this week they were lovely extra lean mince spoon of chilli spoon of garlic spring onions red peppers cut finely sqirt of tom puree left to marinade then made into pattys george foreman ww bacon and grated a little cheese loads of salad and sw chips ....yum yum

Oh god I love you lot. I've only just joined Minimins (it kept popping up on the google search whenever I asked google a question about sw recipes!) and I'm so geared up to make SW work this time after reading all these recipes!

Thanks for all this info!

By far the Donor Kebab on this website, it was great, almost as good as the real thing. I also like the Lamb Shank recipe on the Slimming World website. All the curry's I have made off the website and books have been awful.

I think its so important to have slimming world versions of favourite takeaways.....
I made my own version of a bacon and egg mcmuffin this morning.....It was absolutely gorgeous.... :bliss::bliss::bliss:

I think its so important to have slimming world versions of favourite takeaways.....
I made my own version of a bacon and egg mcmuffin this morning.....It was absolutely gorgeous.... :bliss::bliss::bliss:

So true!! Did you use a muffin still like mcdonalds?? I other words what did you do?? lol, I love the sausage and egg mcmuffin :D Oh and I am going to try the KFC Chicken nxt week!! another fix :p

Hi,
does anyone have any syn or virtually syn free recipies for prawns. I have a load of prawns in the freezer and no idea what to do with them. I would make a prawn cocktail, but that would be way to fattening and lots of syns as the only way I know how to make prawn cocktail with mayo and double cream :-(

So true!! Did you use a muffin still like mcdonalds?? I other words what did you do?? lol, I love the sausage and egg mcmuffin :D Oh and I am going to try the KFC Chicken nxt week!! another fix
KFC chicken is absolutely lovely. Definately worth a try. Think I may need to do this again soon...:eatdrink023::drool:

Hi,
does anyone have any syn or virtually syn free recipies for prawns. I have a load of prawns in the freezer and no idea what to do with them. I would make a prawn cocktail, but that would be way to fattening and lots of syns as the only way I know how to make prawn cocktail with mayo and double cream :-(
Just tried this for lunch and gave a nice taste. Mayonnaise light, tomato sauce and little sweet chilli sauce. Mixed with water to thin into sauce consistency and drizzled a little over prawns and salad rather than mixing in. Not a bad alternative tasted really nice.

So true!! Did you use a muffin still like mcdonalds?? I other words what did you do?? lol, I love the sausage and egg mcmuffin :D Oh and I am going to try the KFC Chicken nxt week!! another fix :p

I jus used a wholemeal bap HEXB....I used a little one egg frying pan n made a little omelette with one egg salt n pepper which fits perfectly on the bap, i cut my rindless bacon into strips n fried the life out of them using fry light spray to make dem crispy, added my light slice of processed cheese 1/2HEXA n tiny bit of ketchup n popped it on the pan for a few secs to melt the cheese.. Delicious:bliss:eek:nly cost me 1/2 SYN for ketchup on EE plan :):)

Also gonna make chip shop style chicken kebab and chips tonight.... Cant wait to try it out.... If you mix 1tbls of Heinz roasted garlic mayo 4 SYNS & 1 tbls of Heinz fiery chili ketchup u get perfect kebab sauce. I dont mind spending 5 SYNS on sauce if it makes it taste like an actual kebab....Cant wait to try:D

Hi,

Try a chilli prawn stirfry :
Frylight, chilli flakes and ginger, with veg and noodles :D v nice

Back