What is your number 1 favourite meal

KimberleyMikado said:
I jus used a wholemeal bap HEXB....I used a little one egg frying pan n made a little omelette with one egg salt n pepper which fits perfectly on the bap, i cut my rindless bacon into strips n fried the life out of them using fry light spray to make dem crispy, added my light slice of processed cheese 1/2HEXA n tiny bit of ketchup n popped it on the pan for a few secs to melt the cheese.. Delicious:bliss:eek:nly cost me 1/2 SYN for ketchup on EE plan :):)

Oh my, I have just finished my dinner and that still made my mouth water, going to definitely have that at the weekend for brekkie.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Think mine has to be the diet coke chicken...the KFC chicken was lovely. Just dont make a schoolgirl error like I did and leave the skin on

Oops!!! ;)

My fav SW meal when I was on it was:

Poached eggs on microwaved spinach with a touch of mustard mixed into lightly warmed natural yogurt and a pinch of pepper

Free on all versions, ideal if you can't make your mind up what day to have, especially if you are going out for a meal later on in the day!

A good meal for alternate Christmas dinner so you don't get tempted by all the usual trappings:

Diet Dr Pepper Gammon!

Boil your gammon in a two litre bottle of Dr Pepper according to the instructions on your gammon.

Save the boiling liquid to make gravy with granules from your daily allowance.

Score your gammon in a criss cross fashion, back in the oven til outside is slightly crispy but inside is still moist.

Serve with choice of free veg, and gravy made with granules from your allowance.

Accept graciously all compliments about your favourful gammon from your guests!

Oooh there's some good recipes on here. I used to love cooking gammon in Coke and then roasting it at 220 degrees with a honey and mustard glaze on it. I've thought about cooking gammon in diet coke for a while now but loadsa people have told me it wont work properly because the reason it tastes so good is because of all the sugar in the coke?! Do you think if i did it with Diet Coke and put a few tbsps of sweetner in too it would do the same thing?

I just made Parchment fish parcels.
It was one of the recipes give last week in class and I made it last night. I have to say it was delicious and syn free!

I've yet to try cooking anything with diet coke, but many people here seem to recomend it, I have to try it tonight.

Take a look at my recipes, there is a pic by pic recipe for Diet Coke bacon...........

Need I say anymore?

Pete’s Egg McMuffin

Serves 1

Ingredients

1tsp basil
1 Sainsbury’s “be good to yourself” extra lean sausage (0.5syn) (ff)
1 Rasher of smoked bacon, fat removed, cooked until crisp (ff)
1 Egg, scrambled
(ff)
1 20g Sainsbury’s “lighter” cheese slice (40% less fat) (1Hea) or (2syn per slice)

1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Muffin (7syns)
Or
1 x 60g Sainsbury’s Wholemeal Bap (1Heb)

Sprinkle of garlic salt
Sprinkle of Aromat seasoning

Method

Cut the sausage ends off and squeeze the meat into a glass dish, add the spices & seasoning, mix well. Wet your hands and roll the mix into a ball then flatten to look like a “burger”.

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the burger for 10-15 mins each side or until cooked. Also cook the bacon until crisp.

Break an egg into a dish & whisk with a fork until it’s scrambled, season, place an egg ring in a frying pan and cook the scrambled egg.

Slice each muffin & toast.

Plate up.
EggMcMuffin-2Small.jpg

EggMcMuffinSmall.jpg

Pete, that's very naughty of you, now I'm going to have to have that for brekkie :D

Fav meal so far has been this evenings 1/4lb cheese and bacon burger and SW fries, thought I'd died and gone to heaven :D

I just made a chocolate cake using scan bran. Was pretty yummy!

Ingredients:
5 Scan Bran
2 beaten eggs
11g options hot chocolate (the 40cal one)
5 tbsp Sweetener
2 tbsp Mixed Spice
1 lid of vanilla essence (the lid off the essence bottle)

Soak the Scan bran in hot water and leave for a few minutes.
Beat the 2 eggs, then add the hot chocolate, sweetener, mixed spice and vanilla essence. mix it all together.
Drain the scan bran and add the mixture.

Pop in a shallow microwavable dish for 6 minutes.

Cut into eighths and make it into 4 pieces by sandwiching them together.
Sandwich them together with:
Quark
Sweetener
6g white chocolate options

It's up to you how much sweetener and quark you use.

The frosting would be 1 syn.
The whole cake would be 7 syns.

Doesn't look amazing, but tastes good! And great if you've been craving chocolate lately!

Attachments

• IMG-20120323-00045.jpg
    IMG-20120323-00045.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 265
Penguin_Hell said:
I just made a chocolate cake using scan bran. Was pretty yummy!

Ingredients:
5 Scan Bran
2 beaten eggs
11g options hot chocolate (the 40cal one)
5 tbsp Sweetener
2 tbsp Mixed Spice
1 lid of vanilla essence (the lid off the essence bottle)

Soak the Scan bran in hot water and leave for a few minutes.
Beat the 2 eggs, then add the hot chocolate, sweetener, mixed spice and vanilla essence. mix it all together.
Drain the scan bran and add the mixture.

Pop in a shallow microwavable dish for 6 minutes.

Cut into eighths and make it into 4 pieces by sandwiching them together.
Sandwich them together with:
Quark
Sweetener
6g white chocolate options

It's up to you how much sweetener and quark you use.

The frosting would be 1 syn.
The whole cake would be 7 syns.

Doesn't look amazing, but tastes good! And great if you've been craving chocolate lately!

Sounds fab! Must give that a try.

hi i love finding new ideas for meals.
I do like swlimming world cottage pie and lasange.
Both easy to make.
I am enjoying slimming world just want different ideas i can be fussy lol xx

At the moment it's Pete's Egg Fried Rice with Chicken (pg 16 of Pete's Recipes) and this Mushroom Chow Mein » Om Nom 365 which is one of Purplebint's BUT I'll have new faves in a couple of weeks!!!!!! Diet? Pah, what diet.

Back