What is your number 1 favourite meal

I tried them tonight with the choc fudge alpen light and the quark mixed with the choc fudge options - it felt like it was a proper naughty cheesecake!! Def a lifesaver recipe! Thanks!!

I dont have a microwave can I get away with putting them and heating in a saucepan ?

we have a few in my family

fanta chicken

new york chicken

warbertons pizza (8 syns but soooooooooo worth it)

beef chilli noodles

all yummy :)

Well I made the Diet coke chicken and fear I may have done something wrong ? Mine did not go sticky but sauce was watery any ideas ?

shelley1 said:
Well I made the Diet coke chicken and fear I may have done something wrong ? Mine did not go sticky but sauce was watery any ideas ?

u have to boil it for a really long time b4 it thickens up. Sounds like just needed longer

Salt n pepper chips are my new favourite along with a recipe I discovered for Harissa Lingine :)

Harrisa and linguine....almost an oxymoron?! Anyway not 2 words I could imagine in the same sentence! Where/what is this recipe??? X

Current fave is a HexB roll with some salad, quorn burger, bacon (2 syns on green), an egg, HexA of cheese (could be another B on green) served with SW chips and beans.

Hi im new to all this- iv only joined SW and this site... Im finding it really hard with knowing what to eat and I used to eat alot of sweet foods. Does anybody know the reciepe for SW pancakes?? I duno were I should be commenting asking for this but I'll try here... In the meantime i'll post my favourite (some may find it strange but i quite enjoy it)...

Easy chicken curry...

Chicken breasts, onions, mushrooms, peppers, frylite, and for the sauce- baked beans, mushy peas and chic peas- these 3 tins are emptied into the blender and belnd! easy! its sounds abit daft but it works... just add as much curry powder as you like... then add to the fried chicken and vegs and simmer!! its so easy my consultant told me about it and iv made it twice already so try it out!! great way of using the speed foods!

Is this free on a Green Day with Chicken as HEB? Im new so just gettin ideas! Thanks x

Wow! Read this whole thread and it was well worth it, a lot of yummy ideas :)
So far my favourite meal (not really a recipe) is jacket potato with 2 laughing cow extra light triangles instead of butter, chicken roasted in jerk spices and roasted peppers, onions and garlic :)
Looking forward to trying a lot of these recipes, especially the popular cheesecake...
Saw a few mentions of cous cous pizza... Could anyone post the recipe for that please? :)

Ooh another favourite is bacon spaghetti...
Fry one large onion and 2 cloves garlic with frylight until softened. Add the bacon and fry until it's mostly cooked. Add one tin chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp sweetener, sprinkle of oregano, salt and pepper to taste and bring to boil. Simmer until the sauce has thickened and eat with pasta :) Serves quite a few so you can share it or refrigerate and have the next day, or freeze to keep as quick ready meal :) Completely free on EE

Just made the pea curry tonight and it was DELICIOUS!
1 tin of baked beans, 1 tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tin of mushy peas and as much curry powder as you like.
Heat in a saucepan and that's it!
I had it with slimming world chips, yum! :D

I'm currently on Original and Green days.

My favourite Original is the SW KFC Chicken or the Balsamic Chicken.

For the balsamic chicken just boil 1/2 a bottle of balsamic vinegar with some dried rosemary and a tablespoon of sweetener until you get a thick glaze. Baste this onto chicken and then cook on a griddle or in the oven.

My fave green recipe is a modification on one of my favourite normal recipes.

Pad Thai

Fry Light
Rice Noodles
2 Eggs
Quorn chicken
1 clove garlic
3 Spring onions
3 Red chillis
3 tbsp fish sauce (for a veggie version substitute for 3 tbsp of soy sauce)
Beansprouts/ other stir fry veg
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp lemon juice
Salt & Pepper

1. Soak rice noodles in hot water for 20 minutes until cooked and drain
2. Beat the eggs with salt and pepper. Cook in a frying pan to make an omlette. Tip onto plate and cut into slices and leave to cool.
3. Add quorn & garlic to wok and cook.
4. Add the spring onions and chillis and cook for another minute
5. Tip in the noodles and add the fish sauce, lemon juice and sweetener.
6. Toss in beansprouts/ mange tout or other stiry fry veg and omlette strips. Cook for another minute.
7. Season to taste and serve.

Nom nom nom :)

I was really pleasantly surprised by what I made today from my Extra Easy cookbook.
The rich pork ragu with pasta!
Its absolutely delicious and so easy to make.
Literally dry fry a chopped onion with garlic. Add pork mince (lean), stir fry for a few mins then add a teaspoon (or 3 if u like it as much as i do) of ground cumin, stiry fry for a min or two, add a tub of passata or chopped tomatoes and a teaspoon of dried basil. Stir, cover and cook for 25 mins and serve with pasta and free veg of choice.

Free on Extra Easy!

I tend to add more passata than it says more like a carton then add the diet coke and worcester sauce and just leave to simmer for about 30 mins never failed me yet, hope this helps x

I tend to add more passata than it says more like a carton then add the diet coke and worcester sauce and just leave to simmer for about 30 mins never failed me yet, hope this helps x

Thanks I will definately give this another go x

Italian meatballs in passatta sauce and pasta..love it and all free with extra lean mince..plus full of super free with peppers onions mushrooms and passatta

Chicken Stuffed With Baby Spinach and Feta Cheese, wrapped in Parma Ham and oven baked...Yum Yum, and as a side nice turnip and carrot mash with bit of Philadelphia, I love it...

Back