• 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp Canderel
  • 1 sachet Ovaltine Toffee Options
  • 1lb/454g Quark skimmed milk soft cheese
  • 1 tbsp powdered gelatine
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1oz/28g plain chocolate
Method
  1. Grease and line an 8in/20.5cm spring clip cake tin with baking parchment. Place the biscuits in a clean plastic bag and, holding the end, crush with a rolling pin. Scatter the biscuits evenly over the base of the tin.
  2. Peel 2 bananas and mash with the lemon juice. Place in a bowl and stir in the Canderel, Options and Quark.
  3. Pour 3 tbsp boiling water over the gelatine and stir until dissolved. Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the banana mixture.
  4. Add the gelatine and gently fold the mixture together until well blended. Pile on top of the crushed biscuits, smooth the top over and chill for 2 hours until set.
  5. To serve, carefully release the pie from the tin and place on a serving plate. Peel and slice the remaining banana and arrange on top of the pie. Grate over the chocolate and serve.
Note: The lemon juice helps slow down the browning process of the banana. After the chilling time, the banana will discolour slightly, but this has no effect on the taste.

Scan Bran Ferrero Rocher

Syns:
26 Syns for 30, 1 Syn each
You will need:

8 Scan Bran
4 level tbsp Nutella
1 level tbsp Golden Syrup
1 tbsp water
Method:

1. 1Place the Scan Bran into a food processor and reduce to crumbs.
  2. 2Mix all ingredients into the crumbled Scan Bran and divide up into petit four cases.
  3. 3This should make 30 'Rochers'.
Variation: Try replacing Nutella with white chocolate spread and adding 2oz/57g chopped fresh apricots.

Yesterday I cooked the Turkey, Bacon and Thyme hotpot, I would fully recommend anyone to make this dish as it tastes amazing. At only one syn per portion how can you go wrong? I served mine with rice.

hi all just back after 12 months not watching what I was eating - but thankfully only gained just over a stone ! Was well pleased to see the quicky cheesecake dessert that I posted was still popular.

tonight I did Eton Mess but with only nat yog and sweetener and strawberries and sweetener and meringue nest broken roughly into it - DELICIOUS. Going back through this thread now to take off some recipes to keep on track again (saturday morning class now). Good luck to all.

chicken fried rice from slimmingeats.com - I leave out the sesame oil meaning that it's syn free! I think I love it more than an actual takeaway chicken fried rice :)

My absolute fave is penne pork ragu, I think it's from the Extra easy recipe book. It's soo nice and tasty.
Ingredients
1 onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
500 g extra lean minced pork
198 g / 7 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
400 g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp concentrated chicken stock (I just use a chicken oxo cube)
8 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil (I use 1-2 tspn dried basil)
400 g dried penne

1) Place a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli and stir fry 2-3 minutes. Add pork and cinnamon and stir fry an additional 3-4 minutes.
2) Add tomatoes, stock and chopped basil and bring to the boil. Season well, cover tightly and cook over low heat for 20-25 minutes.
3) While sauce is cooking, cook the pasta. Serve.

Thanks for all these lovely recipes! Been doing SW for 2 weeks now and loving it - especially with all these fab meals to try! My favourite meal (I can't get by without pudding!!) is ...
2 crumbled meringue nests mixed with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, afew spoonfuls of fage 0% Greek yogurt and 1/2 a cadburys flake sprinkled on top (for my choccy fix!) :) I'm sooooo happy with a bowlful of that in front of me!!

I love making meatball

Fry asda meatfree meatballs in frylight, add chopped onions, mushrooms and peppers, fry for 2 mins, add a tin of chopped tomatos, garlic and herbs. Then boil some spagehtti. Quick and yum!

just had my first taste of Syn free BBQ sauce, what a winner! lovely as a stir fry sauce with chicken and veggies! thanks for the recipe.

Skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of any visible fat, in a baking tray with any or all of the following - baby carrots (Chantenay are nicest), diced peppers, sliced onions, cubes of butternut squash, cubes of aubergine, chestnut mushrooms, halved new potatoes. Sprinkle with a little soy sauce and lemon juice, add some whole peeled garlic cloves if you like garlic, spray with olive oil or Frylight, and pop in the oven until everything is cooked and brown.

must try this in the actifry

001.jpgthe half syn SW cake - is a winner in our house

ingredients
4 eggs separated
1 tub of quark
1 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp sweetener

1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp fromage frais
fresh fruit (strawberries)

method
1 pre heat oven 180'C line 2 sandwich tins & spray with fry light
2 whisk egg whites til soft peak stage.
3 in another bowl whisk egg yolks, 4tbsp sweetener, half tub of quark, baking powder,vanilla.then whisk in half the egg whites.
4 fold in the remaining egg whites with a metal spoon.
5 tip into the baking pans
6 bake for approx 20 mins or golden brown.remove from oven. they will deflate!
7 leave to cool
8 take the other half of the quark & mix with 1tbsp of sweetener & add fromage frais.
9 spead on cake middle& top. Add fruit
1 0 eat

I have 2 favourites - both from this site.

Breakfast - magic porridge with strawberries and blueberries. Easy to make and easy to eat at work. I leave the house too early to face any breakfast so have been haing this every day.

I also tried Diet Coke Chicken last weekend and it was delish! I added some red peppers for super free and served with boiled rice. Easy and nice - who could ask for more.

Been doing SW for two weeks now and lost 6.5 lbs so far.

Lots of lovely looking recipes on this site that I look forward to trying over the next few months.

Back