What is your number 1 favourite meal

I can't pick! Diet coke chicken with noodles, SW chips and SW KFc chicken, Chicken kiev, Cous cous and roasted veg. oh maaaan!

LilyintheValley said:
My favourite is chilli con carne with rice. It's the same recipe I've used for years, fortunately it was already syn-free without tweaks :)

Could you Share the recipe please x

Could you Share the recipe please x

Okay, just off the top of my head:

Brown 1lb extra lean mince in a non-stick pan (use fry-light if you like but I don't bother). Stir through 1 finely chopped onion, a crushed clove of garlic, a tsp whole cumin seeds & chilli powder to taste (I like mine hot but you might not so use your own judgement). Stir over the heat for a minute then stir in a tin or 2 of chopped tomatoes, a big splodge of tomato puree and a tin of red kidney beans. Season to taste, bring to the boil, cover & reduce heat, simmer for as long as it takes you to cook your rice (20-40mins in my case depending on white or brown). Serve with boiled rice & mixed salad. I've never gone for all the side bits like tacos, cheese, guacamole etc so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

Enjoy :)

LilyintheValley said:
Okay, just off the top of my head:

Brown 1lb extra lean mince in a non-stick pan (use fry-light if you like but I don't bother). Stir through 1 finely chopped onion, a crushed clove of garlic, a tsp whole cumin seeds & chilli powder to taste (I like mine hot but you might not so use your own judgement). Stir over the heat for a minute then stir in a tin or 2 of chopped tomatoes, a big splodge of tomato puree and a tin of red kidney beans. Season to taste, bring to the boil, cover & reduce heat, simmer for as long as it takes you to cook your rice (20-40mins in my case depending on white or brown). Serve with boiled rice & mixed salad. I've never gone for all the side bits like tacos, cheese, guacamole etc so I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

Enjoy :)

Thank you, I like mine got too but minus the kidney beans lol x

I love the slimming world chicken curry - it's delicious, still creamy because of the yoghurt, filling and best of all syn free :) Of course I have a little synful mango chutney on the side - can't deprive yourself! ;)

Popalong said:
I love the slimming world chicken curry - it's delicious, still creamy because of the yoghurt, filling and best of all syn free :) Of course I have a little synful mango chutney on the side - can't deprive yourself! ;)

There's that many SW curries, could you share the one your talking about x

I love the falafel as a snack but I spice up the raita dip as I found just mint and yogurt a bit boring!! I'm going to make a big batch at the beginning of the week to keep me going :)

Do you make the falafel yourself? Can you share the recipe? How many syns?

My favourite is a big plate of pasta with 2 tablespoon of Sacla Auberigne Pesto sauce - 5 syns in total but so totally worth it. Served with plain yoghurt.

Salmon with a teaspoon of harissa spread on top, baked.

Spagbol. Cottage pie.

Great ideas, I can't believe I only just found this site - it would have been so helpful to know about it when I first started.

How do you make falafel?

My favourite is a big bowl of pasta with Sacla's Aubergine Pesto sauce (5 syns for 2 tablespoons) - worth every syn and I never get bored with it.

Currently loving Asda's meat-free meatballs. A 1/3 of a packet is about 1 syn, couple it with instant mash, mushy peas and a gravy made from yeast extract, veg stock, tamari(posh soya sauce) and sage(free) Thicken with a little cornflour(1 syn) or a little instant mash (free) and hey presto..a sexy, yummy, autumnal dish :D

My fave meal- Chicken skewer, thai rice, cajun wedges and salad :D
Cover chunks of chicken in a bowl with cajun seasoning! Put onto a skewer separated with chunks of pepper and onion or whatever veg you like! Cook under the grill. Chop a potato up - part boil and put on a tray covered with cajun spice and fry light! Cook in oven. I then cook a packet of bachelors thai sweet chilli savoury rice. Serve it all up with a nice salad! Seriously delish!!!!!

Hi Constance1 . Here is the recipe for falafels.

Pete’s Falafels

Makes 18

Ingredients

½ tsp chilli flakes (s) (sff)
1egg (ff)
1onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 garlic (sff)
1tsp cumin
1tsp coriander
1tbsp dried or fresh herbs
2 Wholemeal slices of bread (400g loaf) (1Heb or 6syn)
400g tin of chickpeas (s) (sff)

Method

Place all ingredients in a food processor, reduce to a smooth paste, season, put in a small bowl and cover, place in the freezer for 30 mins until the mixture is firm, remove and form into small size “burgers”

Heat a frying pan and spray with Fry Light, cook in batches on both sides, remove and allow to cool.
Falafels (Small).JPG

Two faves. SW KFC chicken and low fat Cumberland sausages (my local butchers after knocking out a few samples at my request now feeds the slimming world and weight watchers community of north Cumbria...).

i like Cumberland Sausage so much, that being able to have it whenever want has kept me on the straight and narrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803 KB · Views: 425
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 415
Back