What is your number 1 favourite meal

Mm just ate the best rice pudding ever. I know it's not new but thought I would put it hear anyway.

Cup of rice two cups of boiling water and two cups on skimmed milk, vinila essence and as much sweatener as you want (I have a lot as I like sweetness

Baked Spinach Risotto from the SW Everyday Italian Cookbook. Very easy and yummy enough for a dinner party.
1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
100g baby spinach leaves, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
300g arborio rice
2-3 tbsp mixed herbs ( I use less herbs)

200g cherry tomatoes, halved
800ml stock
S&P
100g grated parmesan cheese

Put kettle on to boil.
Heat oven to 180C

Spray large pan with frylight and cook spring onions, spinach and garlic about 7 mins until spinach has wilted.

Add rice and herbs and mix well, Stir in tomatoes and stock. Season well.
Transfer to an ovenproof dish. Cover and bake 25 mins

Stir in cheese and serve.

PS When I did it in my pyrex casserole it took about 40 mins, but I now have a Stellar pan and it is ready in 25.

Have this book but haven't tried anything out of it. Thanks for the inspiration ?

Think my favourite meal would have to be diet coke chicken! I can't believe how good it tastes. Who said dieting is all about eating rabbit food. This isn't a diet it is a lifestyle change. Good luck everyone :)

our current favourite meal is roast chicken with sw chips and baked beans!

I have a feeling that will soon change once I've read through all these recipes!!

fab thread!

When I need something comforting and sweet I do this:

Black Forest Cake

4 scan bran
1 Options Indulgence Chocolate Brownie flavour
1 large courgette finely grated
150 g Frozen Mixed Berries
2 eggs (beaten)
Sweetener to taste

Cover scan bran in boiling water and let stand for 1 minute.
Mix in the grated courgette, frozen berries, Options Indulgence and sweetener. Beat in the eggs.
Pour mixture into microwaveable dish and microwave on high for 12 or 13 minutes.

My fav meal has to be chilli i make a massive pan full then i use wots left to make a chilli lasagne 2 meals in one

Chilli
extra lean mince
onion
courgette
mushrooms
tinned beans
tinned tomatoes
hot chilli powder
tabasco sauce
garlic
fry mince n add all the other ingredients x serve wiv rice and salad .

Lasagne topping
Lasagne sheets
natural yogurt
eggs beaten
lay ur remaining chilli in a iven pruf dish cover wiv lasagne sheets . Whisk eggs wiv the natural yogurt ad cover the lasagne sheets cover wiv tin foil and leave in the fridge over night it helps soften the sheets x ad a lil grated cheese (hex a) before cooking . Enjoy wiv salad

My fav meal has to be chilli i make a massive pan full then i use wots left to make a chilli lasagne 2 meals in one

Chilli
extra lean mince
onion
courgette
mushrooms
tinned beans
tinned tomatoes
hot chilli powder
tabasco sauce
garlic
fry mince n add all the other ingredients x serve wiv rice and salad .

Lasagne topping
Lasagne sheets
natural yogurt
eggs beaten
lay ur remaining chilli in a iven pruf dish cover wiv lasagne sheets . Whisk eggs wiv the natural yogurt ad cover the lasagne sheets cover wiv tin foil and leave in the fridge over night it helps soften the sheets x ad a lil grated cheese (hex a) before cooking . Enjoy wiv salad

That sounds yummy!

I would normally just freeze the rest but this is a great idea. I'd never have thought to do chilli lasagne - thanks! :D

Sounds great. Mine is an all in one risotto.

250g pack of bacon - all fat removed and cut into small pieces
1 onion, chopped
Fry Light
300g risotto rice
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
700ml hot chicken stock
50g Parmesan or Cheddar, grated
Can add: sliced mushrooms, cooked chicken pieces, petit pois, corn, etc.
Oven 200C/Gas 6
Spray ovenproof dish with Fry Light and cook the bacon on the hob. Then add the onion and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
Tip in the rice and stir well. Add the tomatoes and stock plus any other ingredients you may like but not the cheese.
Stir. Cover with a close fitting lid and bake for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. When all the liquid has been absorbed, remove from oven and stir the cheese through.
This is supposed to serve 4 but my partner and I have it between us, it's so delicious! : ) On EE it is free, as long as you use the cheese as a HE.
It is the tastiest and easiest risotto I have ever made and no stirring the liquid in gradually either!

Oooo, so many yummy recipes for me to try out this weekend! I'm off to bed now, but will post my faves tomorrow. Bet you can't wait ;)

Night all!

OK, I've got lots and lots of favourites, but the one I keep going back to at the moment is Italian Chicken and Tomato soup:

Fry 1 finely chopped onion, 2 rashers of lean back bacon (I think it's best with smoked bacon, but unsmoked works too) and 2 finely chopped carrots (the recipe says to grate them, but that's too much like hard work for me!) in a large, non-stick saucepan for a couple of minutes.
Add 2 large chicken breasts cut into strips, 600g of chopped tomatoes, 400ml chicken stock, 1 tbsp chopped rosemary and the zest and juice of a lemon.
Bring to the boil, stir then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.
And you're done!
I like to cook up some small pasta shapes while the soup's cooking and bung those in to the bowl before serving. And if I have some HExA left, I'll grate some Parmesan over.

Totally yummy, quick and really comforting :)

This sounds delicious mrs mcnab. I'm going to give this a go today! :)

Back