What is your number 1 favourite meal

Steak night! Done with slimming world chips and veg in garlic. Feels like a treat even though it's syn free. Try to have it once a week on a day when I feel like i'm going to cave.

I really liked the mushy pea curry too! Will prob make it this week!
I'm loving Quorn Chilli and Quorn Spag Bol at the minute x

I really liked the mushy pea curry too! Will prob make it this week!
I'm loving Quorn Chilli and Quorn Spag Bol at the minute x

Love these too.Would never have even thought to try quorn before & as for mushypea curry,just sounds too weird,has to be made & tasted to be believed?

My faves are chicken cacciatore, Petes peanut butter curry and lentil bologneise :)

I LOVE chicken cacciatore! Is there a slimming world version?!!

Ratatouille! I do mine in the slowcooker (but could do it on the hob). Sliced aubergene, peppers, garlic, onion and whatever else (try mushrooms or courgettes).

Add seasoning, oregano and tin of tomatoes/puree.

Leave in slowcooker for 4 hours et viola. I make a huge batch and keep in the fridge, because it really makes a quick meal of simple foods. You can serve it with a pork chop, over a jacket, add pasta, grate cheese over top (HEa) and turn into pasta bake, blitz for soup, add couscous for quick micro work lunch. I love it!

Ratatouille is gorgeous!

Glad you like it hun, now you know why I am so hooked:character0053: on it lol....hmm maybe you'll become a minestrone soup addict like me and we'll have to have our fix every day :rotflmao:

Where's the recipe for this??! want to try it!

I made the cheesecake today & it was so lovely. The only downsides was that the cereal bars set rock hard & I couldn't prise the base from the dish! The cream cheese & Options was lush - just like real cheesecake. Nom nom!

Also made the banana loaf, that has to be my all time favourite SW recipe.

Where's the recipe for the banana loaf?

I have lots of favourite 'meals' that I do but a favourite VERY SIMPLE and easy dessert is the quicky cheescake:

quark with 2 white choc options mixed into it - 2 alpen light bars slightly warmed and mashed into a small dish and spread the quark mixture over the top - to me this is JUST LIKE a new york style cheesecake and is ONLY 10 syns for the whole cheesecake or just 4 syns if you use the alpen lights as a heb.

Half of course is 2 syns or 5 syns.

Lovely.

do you have to bake this cheesecake ??

Oh my, I need a cheesecake, sounds amazing and will stop me caving ! Thanks, this thread is fab x

I LOVE chicken cacciatore! Is there a slimming world version?!!

Sorry only just seen this. There is indeed!

Serves 2:

2 cloves chopped garlic
1 onion, chopped
Few sticks of celery, chopped
2 carrots, sliced
5 rashers bacon, chopped and fat removed
2 chicken breasts
Tinned chopped tomatoes
250ml chicken stock dissolved in water
Knorr herb stock pot
1 tea spoon mixed herbs
Half a tea spoon of oregano
Half a tea spoon of basil
1 bay leaf

Fry the chicken breasts (whole) in fry light until white on the outside but not cooked fully and set aside. in the same pan, fry the onions until starting to go soft and add the chopped celery carrots garlic and bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock, bay leaf, chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, oregano basil and some cracked black pepper. Leave for 5 minutes and then place the chicken breasts into the mix, as well as adding the knorr stock pot and stirring it through (it takes a while to melt). Place the lid on the pan and cook for 30-45minutes, stirring every now and then and perhaps adding more made up chicken stock if you find it too thick. And then... Serve! Lovely with some sw egg fried rice and white cabbage.

Enjoy! I believe pete also has a few variations if this in his recipe thread.

Last edited:
This is my favourite at the moment.I just can't get enough of it:

1 syn chicken korma

Fry chicken off in fry light
Add mushrooms, onions & any other veg you like
Sprinkle 2 chicken oxo and 2 curry oxo over(or curry powder)
Put in 2 muller light greek coconut yoghurts.
(apparently the normal muller light coconut yoghurts are syn free)

This is one of my favourites

Cowboy Hotpot
700g EL Mince
2 Onions roughly chopped
400g Carrots roughly chopped
225g Runner Beans
700g medium waxy potatoes (maris piper or Charlotte)
1.2Lit Hot Beef Stock
4 tbsp. Tomato Puree
2 x 415g Baked Beans
Dash of Tobasco Sauce
Salt & Pepper

Place a large pan sprayed with Frylight over a medium heat and stir fry the mince for 4-5 minutes breaking up any lumps.
Add the onions, carrots, runner beans and potatoes and stir.
Add the stock and tomato puree, bring to the boil then lower heat, stir again or until veg is tender.
Stir in baked beans and tobasco sauce and heat through add salt and pepper.
Divide between 4 bowls

This is free on Extra Easy - Enjoy

Cowboy Hotpot sounds yummy, I'll be trying that out tomorrow. Thanks for sharing :) x

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Definitely need a "cheesecake" in my life right now it sounds amazing! Anyone know which Quark is better to use though, Asda or Tesco's? Have heard there is a difference in texture?

Also heard a lot about Pete's.peanut butter curry, could someone point me into the direction of the recipe please? :)

Pete’s Chicken Cacciatore (2013)

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Onion, sliced 1 Garlic cloves, crushed (sff)
1 Tbsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. Schwartz “perfect shake, chicken” herb & spice blend
2 Chicken Breasts, sliced
3 Tbsp. Fromage Frais
100-150g Rice or Pasta of your choice
700mL Passata

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
In a frying pan, sprayed with frylight, cook the chicken until its gone white.
In a sauce pan, cook the onions, allow going soft, adding the garlic, basil & passata, mixing well, cook for 10 mins & thickens.
Add the chicken to an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with the spice blend, add the contents of the saucepan & cook for 20 mins in the oven.
Cook the Rice/Pasta of your choice.
Remove the dish from the oven, allow to cool slightly, mix the fromage frais with the contents, and serve. (If it splits, don’t worry, it will still taste ok)
Chicken Cacciatore (2013) (Small).JPG

Back