What is your number 1 favourite meal

OMG these recipes sound absolutely fantastic, I am starting SW tomorrow (at home) and was just looking for some yummy food ideas so I don't get bored, I now have a long list to try, fantastic for a newbie.

Thanks everyone you're brilliant

I can't remember which thread I got this from but here it is, it's soooo good :)

I make with pittas, salad and home made coleslaw and make SW chips. I add garlic to mayo for a sauce for the chips and add garlic and mint to natural yoghurt for a good sauce :)

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Oooh thanks so much, I told my hubby we're having a treat on Sat night and having a kebab lol he thinks I mean a take away :) I'm going to marinade some chicken for my son and put it on skewers as he doesn't like lamb, and than fake diner for us :)

Sounds scrummy!

We had this the other night and definately having it again.

Zingy Sweet Pork Casserole
1.8kg Pork Shoulder (I used pork chops)
Frylight
1.5tbsp Flour
1pt Chicken Stock
9oz Mushrooms
4 tbsps Cider Vinegar
3 tbsp Clear Honey
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt & Pepper

Trim the Pork of fat and cut into 1 or 2" chunks and coat in flour.
Heat the frylight in a frying pan on high heat and brown the meat on all sides.
Put the meat into casserole dish or slow cooker.
Fry off the mushrooms in frylight and add to casserole or slow cooker.
Add chicken stock, cider vinegar, honey and soy sauce to casserole or slow cooker and stir well.
Put into oven 180c or 160c fan for 1hr 30m or cook on low in the slow cooker for 8 - 10 hours.
Taste and season 30 mins before coming out of oven or 1 hour before end of cooking in slow cooker.
Add cornflour if you want to thicken gravy or take lid off slow cooker and cook last hour on high.

We had this the other night and definately having it again.

Zingy Sweet Pork Casserole
1.8kg Pork Shoulder (I used pork chops)
Frylight
1.5tbsp Flour
1pt Chicken Stock
9oz Mushrooms
4 tbsps Cider Vinegar
3 tbsp Clear Honey
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
Salt & Pepper

Trim the Pork of fat and cut into 1 or 2" chunks and coat in flour.
Heat the frylight in a frying pan on high heat and brown the meat on all sides.
Put the meat into casserole dish or slow cooker.
Fry off the mushrooms in frylight and add to casserole or slow cooker.
Add chicken stock, cider vinegar, honey and soy sauce to casserole or slow cooker and stir well.
Put into oven 180c or 160c fan for 1hr 30m or cook on low in the slow cooker for 8 - 10 hours.
Taste and season 30 mins before coming out of oven or 1 hour before end of cooking in slow cooker.
Add cornflour if you want to thicken gravy or take lid off slow cooker and cook last hour on high.

This sounds lovely! Xx

This is my latest favourite recipe - Chicken and Chorizo Rice

Serves 4 and is 4.5 Syns per portion but worth it!

8 skinless chicken pieces - could use 4, if they're a good size
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns
1 tbsp. tomato puree
150ml dry white wine - 5 Syns
850ml chicken stock
400g long grain rice
30g chopped parsley
1 tbsp. of thyme leaves, chopped

Spray a large, flame-proof casserole dish with Frylight and brown the chicken on all sides (in batches, if necessary). Remove and put to one side.
Lower the heat, add the onion and pepper and gently cook for about 10 minutes, until soft.
Add the garlic and chorizo and cook for 2 minutes more, until the chorizo has released some of its oils.
Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
Return the chicken to the dish with the thyme, wine and stock. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and lower the heat. Cook for 30 minutes.
Stir in the rice and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the liquid mostly absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave the dish to sit for 10 minutes. Season to taste, (careful with the salt because of the chorizo) and scatter with the parsley.

This is my latest favourite recipe - Chicken and Chorizo Rice

Serves 4 and is 4.5 Syns per portion but worth it!

8 skinless chicken pieces - could use 4, if they're a good size
1 large onion, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped into large chunks
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
200g diced chorizo - 13 Syns
1 tbsp. tomato puree
150ml dry white wine - 5 Syns
850ml chicken stock
400g long grain rice
30g chopped parsley
1 tbsp. of thyme leaves, chopped

Spray a large, flame-proof casserole dish with Frylight and brown the chicken on all sides (in batches, if necessary). Remove and put to one side.
Lower the heat, add the onion and pepper and gently cook for about 10 minutes, until soft.
Add the garlic and chorizo and cook for 2 minutes more, until the chorizo has released some of its oils.
Stir in the tomato puree and cook for 1 minute.
Return the chicken to the dish with the thyme, wine and stock. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and lower the heat. Cook for 30 minutes.
Stir in the rice and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and the liquid mostly absorbed. Remove from the heat and leave the dish to sit for 10 minutes. Season to taste, (careful with the salt because of the chorizo) and scatter with the parsley.

This sounds lovely! I think chorizo must be one of my favourite food stuffs xx

I love stuffed jacket potatoes!!
Cook a jacket spud in the microwave so its soft...cut the top off and scoop the potato out of the middle, mash some chopped bacon, diced onion and a few laughing cow triangles (HEA) into the potato and then spoon it back inside the potato skins. Spray them with fri-lite and pop them back in the oven for 20 mins and they are to die for!! Really really yummy!

I also like brekfast cous cous...mix cous cous with any fat free youghurt of your choice, sweetner and fresh fruit! its lovely and all free :)

WOW this forum is amazing! Im so glad I stubbled across it. I cant wait to start my weight loss journey with all the amazing recipes i have got off this thread. Thanks every one xx

I have had Moroccan chicken with pomegranate couscous tonight.... it was really good!

Thanks for these. Have next weeks menu all sorted, but will be taking some of these for the week after :)

I can't remember which thread I got this from but here it is, it's soooo good :)

I make with pittas, salad and home made coleslaw and make SW chips. I add garlic to mayo for a sauce for the chips and add garlic and mint to natural yoghurt for a good sauce :)

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

I could not agree more. This is my all time fave meal at the moment! :)

This thread is really helpful! I have got some great tips. xx

Only really started this, but homemade burgers are def a fav in our house, was really surprised how kids reacted to them. I ask what they want for tea and answer is always ur burgers mum :)

Back