What is your number 1 favourite meal

Hi I am new to Slimming world and I am trying to find some new ideas for lunch at work - something a bit different - any suggestions?

Hiya they have a thread 'what's for lunch' on here and they have some great ideas :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My favourite meal used to be chicken and boiled spud & veg - but my meal of the moment is now savoury mince with tspn of cumin in it. I love it. Got the idea from one of sw recipe books.

Just discovered the magic pancakes and they are lovely. Also the diet coke (quorn) chicken is really nice.

Subscribing as I'm back on the wagon again....... I need to shift this belly of mine! I've got one eye on this forum and one eye on my Tesco online shopping list, getting ready for week 1. again. Keep the ideas and inspiration coming :)

I'm just trying to get back on it too, after failing miserably earlier this year, and then taking a few weeks off during the summer. Have been sticking with the fast and easy old ones like SW Curry but made this dish up the other night and it was yummo! It's based on the Pioneer Womans Chicken Spaghetti and will be my new fave for a while as the kids and hubby gobbled it up as well :)

Syn-free Chicken Spaghetti

1 kg-ish of chicken parts (I used thighs) (remove all skin and fat)
400g-ish spaghetti noodles
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
300 g-ish of fat free greek style yogurt or fromage frais
2 chicken OXO cubes
30g (HexA) of cheddar cheese (optional)
salt and freshly ground black pepper

Okay, so I started by boiling the chicken in a big pot of water, for about 45 mins. Then I removed the chicken and scooped out a mug full of the stock.
I broke up the spaghetti noodles into pieces, about 2 or 3 inches long, and chucked those all into the stock to cook - boiled for about 9 mins.
While the chicken was cooling a bit, I frylighted a pan and set the green pepper and onion to cook (seasoned with s&p). This is also when I crumbled the stock cubes into the yogurt and whisked that all together and set aside.
I pulled all the meat off the bones, tearing the meat with my hands as I went, and got rid of the yucky bits, then chucked the chicken in with the frying peppers and onions. When the spaghetti was cooked I drained it well than added it to the chicken/pepper/onion combo, poured in the reserved stock, cranked up the heat, seasoned again and gave it a good stir. (This is where I put the cheese in last time I made it.)
I removed it from the heat, then added the yogurt mixture and stirred it well again before serving - I had it with salad, hubby and the kids had it with garlic bread. Even my super finicky 2 YO loved it.

OXO cubes and yogurt!! Who woulda thought???

So hard to choose (I love food!!) but I do love the comfort of omelette, wedges and baked beans!

At the moment its chicken, butternut squash, lentil & spinach curry. Either with boiled rice or SW chips. I make it extra spicy. It's fantastic.

However, I think after reading a load of new recipes on here I'm going to have some new favourites!

:)

At the moment its chicken, butternut squash, lentil & spinach curry. Either with boiled rice or SW chips. I make it extra spicy. It's fantastic. However, I think after reading a load of new recipes on here I'm going to have some new favourites! :)

I've decided to try to cook a butternut squash, are the seeds easily removed?

I've decided to try to cook a butternut squash, are the seeds easily removed?

Yes you can scoop the seeds out with a spoon. They can be a bit tricky to peel but I either roast it with skin on and eat as it goes soft or use a potato peeler.

They're great for bulking out meals or make thick smooth soup.

X

Yes you can scoop the seeds out with a spoon. They can be a bit tricky to peel but I either roast it with skin on and eat as it goes soft or use a potato peeler. They're great for bulking out meals or make thick smooth soup. X

Sounds easy enough, I'll get one later when I'm shopping, thank you!

has anyone tried 'beef olives'? They are great on a red or EE day. Just place a couple of beef minute steaks flat out on a surface. spread some cream cheese from you HEa allowance then place some slices of bacon and a hard boiled egg on the bacon. Finally just close the olive up using toothpicks and cook over medium heat in a deep frying pan using spray oil. After the meat is sealed, put in a generous amount of gravy made my OXO cubes and let the meat simmer in the gravy over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy with veg and a side of rice or potatoes if on EE or as a HE. Personally, I use my HEb as bread and scoop the gravy with it!!! YUmmyyyyy!!!

Can I just pop in to say this has been THE most fantastic thread to read through. I haven't quite got to the end yet but since finding it via Google I've picked up so many delicious recipes and ideas and joined MiniMims as a member.

Thanks from me (and my family!) for all the recipes and tips :)

Slimming world chips!

Wow! Just finished reading the whole of this thread and I have so many new ideas!!! I've made a list of what I want to try as follows:

Options, quark and Alpen cheesecake
Eton mess

Sausage egg and bacon mc muffin
Mexican veggie burgers
Chicken cake
Spaghetti carbonara
Ultimate sw bacon cheeseburger

Chicken wrapped in bacon (or parma ham?), cheese and BBQ sauce served with hassle back potatoes.
Mushy pea curry
Sw KFC chicken with sweet pot wedges
Sw scotch egg
Turkey, bacon and thyme hotpot
Penne pork ragu
Shepherds pie with sweet potato mash
Melt in the middle burgers (with babybel)
Korma- made with korma spice power and nat yog
Pete's peanut butter curry

Lunches
Baked sweet potato
Creamy garlic mushrooms on wholemeal toast
Sw quiche

That should keep me busy for a while :) :) :)

I have to say what I'm enjoying most about sw is trying out all the new recipes! I enjoy cooking and I think we'd got stuck in quite a routine of recipes, so I'm enjoying mixing it up, and (hopefully!) loosing weight!

I love the cauliflower curry sauce already listed on the site it's like chip shop curry!

Hi Everyone,

I have some friends over tonight and I am making the SW Diet Cola Chicken, I am going to follow the recipe but I just wondered if anyone had any tips for this or if there is anything you add that you think makes it taste even better? Just curious!

Also - Has anyone tried the Cake in a Cup? I saw it on Youtube... It was 1 x Egg, some Sweetener, and a Sachet of Options Hot Choc. She had it with some yoghurt, It looked quite nice actually! But I've seen people say its pretty yucky!

Again - Just curious! :)

Thanks Peeps xx

Back