What I've realised is.........

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Sallywally, 5 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Sallywally

Sallywally Full Member

Diet:
    Slim & Save
    As an ex Slimming World member you all know their thing is eat as much "free food" as you like!

Well I've been amazed how many times I've said to myself as I've been pottering about in the kitchen I'll just have a crab stick, piece of ham, hard boiled egg, few grapes, strawberries the list is endless (although the thought of crushing a few fresh strawberries into my strawberry shake was very tempting today) I normally would just pop what ever it was automatically into my mouth cos it's "free"

Although these are free food it made me realise just how many extra cals I've been having just because it's there and it's free :eek: These were just my bits to snack on and as I am at home all day snack I did all day long! So much so that when it came to my meal times I didn't fancy anything so consequently just ate junk in an evening.

So for me when my journey is over I think I've got to make a rule if it's not part of a meal it doesn't go in my mouth!

Hope this makes sense.

xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ~Louise~

~Louise~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21.3%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Intermittent Fasting, Slimming World
    Yes makes sense to me. I could never get my head around slimming world. I always sued to go for the naughtiest 'free' options such as chips, chips and more chips! I realised I wasn't re-educating myself about food at all. Still eating when I wasn't hungry, making weird cakes out of weetabix, basically anything I could do to get my overeating fix. Naturally slim people don't eat that way. They eat more or less what they want but they know when to stop and how to eat in moderation. Slimming world didn't teach me that at all. I know its an amazing diet for some people but it wasn't for me!

4. LastEverDiet

LastEverDiet Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.58%)
    Diet:
    Exante WS
    I agree, I think one of the great things about exante (apart from the amazing weight loss of course!) is the fact that by taking food out of the equation you start noticing the times you get the urge to eat - when you're bored, in a bad mood, its a saturday night, etc, etc, etc. None of the other diets I've done have made me think about this because when I've had the urge, I've just automatically eaten - either something I was 'allowed' or something I wasn't!

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did WW and loved it and tried SW for a change - biiig mistake. I had one meal once which was 'free' there were 1900 cals in it... for one main course meal :eek: Add on to that breakfast, lunch, snacks of muller yoghurts at 100kcals a pop and mugshots at 200kcals well no wonder I lost nothing lol

6. Biggie

Biggie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    250.8lb
    Current Weight:
    250.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    150.8lb
    Lost(%):
    0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution
    OMG Starlight :D you mad me laugh! You are a real star love!!! 1900 bloody kcal!:8855:

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im saying I had it once did I hell have it once I had it every sodding day for a week it was so good, by the time I added my Hex portion of cheese and some tuna it was over 2000kcals :rolleyes:

8. Crims

Crims Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.8%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    SO how on earth do people lose wight on SW?? confused!

9. ~Louise~

~Louise~ Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21.3%)
    Diet:
    5:2 Intermittent Fasting, Slimming World
    Its effectively a low fat diet. As long as you're not eating 15 jacket potatoes a day you will probably lose on it, but it doesn't teach you not to stuff your face. Anything with 'unlimited' food is not good for me as I take advantage!

10. micaleff

micaleff Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(7.39%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    my mum does SW and has been yo -yo ing on it for practically the last 5 years!! she loses around 2 stone then goes on hol puts some on then starts again but it takes her that year till the next hol to lose the stone or whatever she had put on!!! she loses around 1lb a week and it purely because she eats loads...but as she says 'its all free' lol!

11. Dance_Magic

Dance_Magic Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10lb(23.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I don't understand SW either. I've never done it before but a woman at my work is on it and she seems to eat HUGE portions at break times - At least enough for two people. The other day she had what looked like a full tub of mince with various veg through it. She also told me about the "free" foods and that you can have as much pasta, potatoes, etc, as you want, you just have to balance it out with vegetables. Definitely don't think it would work for me.

12. lentil2

lentil2 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(10.05%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Works for me ;) and I ave a huge appetite, trust me!!!

13. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oh I know it works, you see the results on SW forums but it was a megaspectacular fail for me and to be honest I just dont understand the logic behind how it works. WW and CC absolutely but not SW lol

Still it doesnt matter cos Im going nowhere near it again :)

14. missbiker

missbiker Silver Member

Diet:
    SW
    Well done Lentil :)

Keep up the great work.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.