Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

what keeps u going?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by sarah88, 30 July 2010 Social URL.

1. sarah88

sarah88 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    hi im only on my second week doing it alone and i did w/w 2 yrs ago with meeting support but gave up after 4 weeks lost half a stone. my question is for the people who have been doing this for 4+ months 'what has kept u going'

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. give_me_chocolate

give_me_chocolate Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.49%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I'll let you know when i've been doing it that long! Good question though.x

4. size102b

size102b Banned

Hi I'm 5 months Sunday and TBH I love the control I have over food instead of the control it HAD over me.
    I was a size 24 when I started and today I got a size 16 Jeans on couldn't breath when I done them up but I bladdy got em on ;)

It's the feeling of success with every half stone gone and the longer we do it I think in a way it gets easier

Before you know it you'll be thinking wow I'm on 4 months and will feel 100% proud you did this :) xx

5. Hippngrvy

Hippngrvy Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(21.43%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I pick different goals to keep me going...firstly when I started WW it was my new partner; he was 12st and 5ft 10, my ex was 5ft 8 and 18 stone, so I was now the larger person in the relationship, and although my new partner wasn't bothered I certainly did feel uneasy; esp. as his ex-wife was ultra skinny! So, that was the first motivation; then we decided to get married, so that was the next goal! Now I have a new goal of buyng myself new clothes for christmas; preferably all in size 10-12... I think it just keeps me focussed to always have something to keep looking forward to....

6. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I keep motivated by knowing I will soon be able to go and buy any clothes I want. I wobble and have bad weeks but I keep getting right back on track! Its not a sprint, its endurance!

7. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    I'm with Shabba I look at this as a marathon not a sprint. What keeps me going is the wish to be a healthy weight and to be able to buy clothes in any shop I want. I accept that I will lapse along the way and am in this for life

Oh and it does feel great when you see your clothes getting smaller and getting into a smaller size

8. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I like to have something to look forward to, like an occasion to aim for. Like my minibreak to London which everyone's fed up of me banging on about [20 sleeps people!] or something like that.

Plus the people on here, this is such a good support network. Unlike my mother who constantly reminds me when I have had a slip up, that I "always do that", these people pick me up again and say the right things to make that line be drawn and motivate me to continue!

Challenges - Whether it's my own "no chocolate for a month" or something, or a few of us vowing to spur each other on to lose x amount in the next month - helps to keep it going, definitely. Stops the diet being too routine.

But... I think the main thing is all those people on facebook seeing that status "Jenny is wearing size 12 jeans" is a pretty good motivator...... hahaha xx

9. sarah88

sarah88 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    thankyou for all ur helpful replies. it definately feels different this time, i think its the support i get from all u, so thankyou for all your help.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.