What keeps you motivated?

Discussion in 'GI Diet Support Forum' started by maccalenny, 14 November 2010 Social URL.

1. maccalenny

maccalenny Full Member

Diet:
    5:2 and low GL
    So what are you/were you most looking forward to when you lost some weight? Apart from the serious stuff - healthier, less risk of life-threatening illness etc - I'm really looking forward to holding up a pair of jeans that don't look massive! Ditto the undies.....
    I want to wear jeans without having to have a very long top to cover bum and thighs, too.
    Can't wait to get there!

Kate

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Apart from the health benefits which were massive, I so wanted to be able to shop anywhere except Evans and all the "big girl" shops. Now I can go anywhere and still can't get my head around the fact that I can pick up a size 14 instead of a 26 or 28. I even got a size 12 fitted jacket last week!!!
    Fitting in theatre/cinema seats and not feeling like I am squashing everyone on either side of me.
    What I really like best of all, is looking in the mirror and no longer hating what I see. For a good few years, I had avoided looking at myself as I felt so fat and ugly and ashamed of what I had let myself become. Now, I just love catching sight of my reflection!!!! Wanting to hold on to that feeling helps me try to maintain my loss.

4. maccalenny

maccalenny Full Member

Diet:
    5:2 and low GL
    Hi - thanks Molly - you are a real inspiration, so its great to hear what got you there!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.