What made you decide to lose weight?

hopeicandothis

:newbie:
Hi all

I was just wondering what everyones reasons were for losing weight. Me personally it was someone asking me if i was pregnant...i was so humiliated!!! :beam:
I didn't realise i had got so big, it made me step back and take a good long look at myself in the mirror.
Also i am 40 next year and would love to look great for that.

I've been getting slowly bigger and bigger for the last few years. Recently I've been completely binging like all my self-control had gone out the window. And the more I ate, the unhappier I was. Yet I kept on eating...
Then I saw some photographs of myself that made me burst into tears. I don't want to look back on my 20s and remember being a fat bird with no confidence. So I resolved that I would never be that big again.
That was just over two weeks ago. I have since lost 13lbs and am enjoying every step of the diet.

first , I hated seeing myself in clothes I would not really wear , second , I have still got at least 10 youthful years to have fashion . #rd I think it does age some people not all , why I say that is , I have noticed some people lose weight and look older .
another reason puts a strain on the back and knees and other joints .
So what reason do we really want to keep being big , i'm thinking .... none .

I've got loads of reasons for loosing weight:

In no particular order...

I want to be able to run after my baby - she's turning one this month and getting more and more active.

I also want to be a positive role model for my daughter. My mum is big - size 20ish and always has been, though she's trying to loose weight at the moment. I feel I need to stop the chain - now.

I don't want to be fat and forty, which is 3 years away for me.

I had gestational diabetes while pregnant, it was awful - and I don't want to go on and develop type 2 if possible (my mum has).

I also want to have another baby and I feel I need to be a lot healthier this time round as I'll be a few years older, and last time round was tough enough.

I'd like to be able to look at photos of myself without cringing.

I want to look good in clothes. I'm looking forward to being a size 10 again.

I want to be able to go to the swimming pool and walk out confidently in a bathing suit without thinking everyone is looking at the rolls of fat.

Wow, once I got started there are loads of reasons - enough to keep me on the straight and narrow...

A few reasons

I want to have at least one photo of me and my youngs sons that I can have where im not cringing!

So I can ride my horses and not feel like an elephant riding a mouse!

For me! I want to feel happy in myself again!

I have this list stuck on my fridge-

I want to look gorgeous in my wedding dress
I want to start a family
And actually look pregnant
I want to feel healthy
I want my confidence back
I want to walk in a room and not feel like everyone is judging me coz of my weight
I want hubby to be to be proud to go out with me
I want to be in front of the camera rather than behind it all the time
I don't want to look older than my mam
I want to shop in Primark

when I reached 40 this year, I realised I had been fat forever!!
I have so many changes going on in my life and just decided that I am worth having the body I want, Basically I just choose not to be fat anymore. The real me is coming out to play!
The bonuses such as being fitter and buying nice clothes are just a huge added bonus!
x

hiya everyone,

My mains reasons are....

-I'm 30 this year and want to jump into it slim and sexy lol
-I'm going abroad with my gorgeous hubby in september and want to wear some swimwear and get a fab tan and not worry about covering myself up all the time.
-I'd like another baby ......and start trying whilst on holiday .
-I want to have family photos with all of us together so i can look back and have fond memories not thinking about how fat i was.
-To end once and for all my challenge with weight that i've had during my 20's
-To embrace the little extreme sport fanatic thats inside of me ....that is dying to get out of this fat body : ) and do some scary thrill seeking

-To embrace the little extreme sport fanatic thats inside of me ....that is dying to get out of this fat body : ) and do some scary thrill seeking

Ohhh I like the sound of this reason!

Been aware that I needed to lose a lot of weight for a long time but two things kicked me off;
Some photos of myself at the Grand National the size of one of the hedges
An impression someone did of me in work doing yoga (which I was doing at the time) - 'and streeetch and reach for the pork pie'
I was really upset but she has done me a favour. x

the job of my dreams which needs me to be fit
no more joint pain
being able to sit in the doctors and not discuss with him who is putting on the most weight me or him (i love him for that)
being able to buy nice sexy underwear without paying a fortune and it looking like scaffolding

My main reasons is that I was getting into a size 20 - I'm only 5ft tall so I'd always get asked if I was pregnant :(

I couldn't shop in River Island (fav shop) anymore - everything was 2 small - I didn't feel young and trendy anymore..

Also If you look at my albums there is a photo there of me and my bro at his wedding - I look massive!! I hate the photo and I never want to look like that again..

On the plus side - I tried the dress on that I'm wearing in the pictures last week and it doesnt even stay up - So I'm going to get it altered when I'm at goal :)

Ive been slowly getting bigger and bigger over the last twelve years and last week my son came home from the park crying saying some boys were singing nasty songs about me, it really hurt as there was nothing I could really say that wasnt true in what they were singing, wow what a wake up call, soooo im in the zone and started on Monday doing 100% four shakes a day, ive not wanted any food and im really focused, my councillor is brilliant and she spent ages at my house chatting to me and helping, is always at the end of the phone, text and email and told me to join this place for the scary days, so here I am.

I joined because i am embarrassed at what I have become and cannot bare to look in a mirror. My son came home from the park last week crying cos some boys were singing songs about my size and it really hurt and gave me a reality check, so here I am 4 shakes a day and I wont wobble anymore.

I have been fat and obese pretty much as long as I can remember, been getting slowly bigger year on year, but the last straw was back in October when I went on a work trip to Thorpe Park. There were a few rides that I couldn't even fit on - the shame and embarrasment was enough to make me realise that I needed to take a hold of my life and sort my body out! xx

I have been fat and obese pretty much as long as I can remember, been getting slowly bigger year on year, but the last straw was back in October when I went on a work trip to Thorpe Park. There were a few rides that I couldn't even fit on - the shame and embarrasment was enough to make me realise that I needed to take a hold of my life and sort my body out! xx

Aww i dont even try these days, all i want to do i get on a plane and the seat belt to fit, good look lets hope next year we will be able to to do rides and look fab

For me its the fear of all the health complications. I am 5ft10 & weigh 17st10, bmi 35.7. I dont want my little girl to have a Mummy who had a heart attack/stroke. I know healthy people suffer as well but I want to show her that being healthy is best.:)

the person I see in the mirror/shopwindow is not me! sounds wierd but I know I am a pretty amazing woman and I see a fat ugly blob! not for much longer though :)

Thats a familiar feeling, but we will do it xxxxx

Back