What made you do it

3 stones in three weeks. My goodness pancras...you really are the incredible shrinking woman...well done hun.
I have my seconf WI on tuesday...I cant wait...lol
xx

I suffered with crippling panic attacks brought on by drinking far too much, I also was eating so many take-aways each week and generally feeling a prisoner in my own home due to my size that I had to do something about it as I would be dead by the time I was 50.

I haven't looked back since....I've lost 7stone 10.5lbs ( the first 2.5 stone with lowcarbing and lipotrim)

I haven't looked back since....I've lost 7stone 10.5lbs ( the first 2.5 stone with lowcarbing and lipotrim)

OMG!!!! Your amazing! Well done! That is some great weight loss!

Realising:

1. My stomach appeared to be masquerading as an apron, and pointing more southerly by the day
2. I was drinking enough wine to qualify as a binge-drinker at least 3 times a week (quite often more)
3. The shops hadn't started making their sizes smaller, it was me getting bigger
4. I wasn't really trying to save energy by turning the lights off as soon as we got into bed....;)
5. I was in a vicious circle - I felt too fat to go swimming any more, therefore I wasn't burning off any calories
6. There was no way I wanted to spend a summer covering up rolls of lard - let me at those skimpy dresses and little tops and tight jeans! :p

And so far? It's going great - I find it truly comforting and feel "safe" now I'm abstaining from food and alcohol - I'm not able to trust myself around it - yet. :)

And so far? It's going great - I find it truly comforting and feel "safe" now I'm abstaining from food and alcohol - I'm not able to trust myself around it - yet.

This is how I feel, I couldnt have a green and white meal, I wouldnt trust myself yet!

No one reason really. I've been conscious of increasing weight every year for the past 20 years, and for the past 10-15 of those I've consciously ignored it.

I think last year I got fed up with feeling lethargic and joined the gym - went 2-3 times every week up to Christmas and finished the year 8lbs heavier than I started it!!! So at least I KNOW cutting back and exercise aren't the answer for me (or weren't pre LL). I knew a number of people who had all lost 3st + on LL and decided to give it a go.

HOWEVER, truthfully, I was concerned that my BP was in the HIGH end of normal; I am paying a 50%+ premium on health insurance, critical illness cover etc due to my size; and I could only buy clothes in 'larger' shops, or have a choice of only one pair of trousers etc as that's all that was ever in the high street - Can you believe I actually told myself that there were so many larger men out there that the big sizes sold first??

Also, I present for businesses around the UK, and increasingly disliked the photo's being used of me for promotional purposes. Oh yes - those 2 photos of me on holiday (see album) are just hideous - and I actually felt really good when they were both taken...

Sean(JSF) said:
Oh yes - those 2 photos of me on holiday (see album) are just hideous - and I actually felt really good when they were both taken...

I kow what you mean...the pic in myu signature now, in my purple outfit - that was my "I'm feeling skinny" outfit!!! :eek:

God, are we the masters of denial or what!!! :D

I started LL because I was sick of the way people treated me, my husband is a fitness instructor and when ever anybody well not anybody just females met me for the first time I would get comments like oh your his wife your not what I expected do you not attend any of his classes? I would cry over the way I looked and then eat. I became very moody and had such low self esteem that when one of his clients turned into a bunny boiling stalker I fell apart I was convinced he would leave me for her. I spent a long time on antidepressants and medication to control panic attacks. I woke up one day and thought this is it, sort yourself out. I rang the LLC on the Friday and started on the Saturday (valentines day) That seems like a lifetime ago but in the last five weeks I have lost 2 stone, my confidence is coming back, and my husband says he's not seen me this happy for over a year. My kids seem to laugh a lot more and I am determined to see this through to the end.

I kow what you mean...the pic in myu signature now, in my purple outfit - that was my "I'm feeling skinny" outfit!!! :eek:

God, are we the masters of denial or what!!! :D
I was really pleased to read that, as one thing that has been really worrying me, that I haven't felt able to tell anyone - until now! - is that I used to look in the mirror and think I actually looked pretty good. That really worries me - I don't know if it means I have a huge ego, or I consciously refuse(d) to admit the truth. Either way, I'm not proud of it :(

I was really pleased to read that, as one thing that has been really worrying me, that I haven't felt able to tell anyone - until now! - is that I used to look in the mirror and think I actually looked pretty good. That really worries me - I don't know if it means I have a huge ego, or I consciously refuse(d) to admit the truth. Either way, I'm not proud of it :(

No love, I think its called self-preservation! When I look back on old photos now, I am in wonder how my husband ever found me attractive in the first place. Speaks highly of his character I think though, as he loved me either way - he never knew me slim, so chose me fat. Bless him.

I now believe my psyche would not allow me to see me as I truly was, in a mirror....or I might never have let the house. But seeing photos now - its a real eye-opener, andjust reniforces the importance of continuing to maintain.

WHich I can happily announce, I am now weighing myself once a week on MOndays, and for the past months I have been spot on the same number. I go up and down thru the week, but always come out the same. Its a miracle!

(Or my scales are stuck!!! :D :giggle:)

Don;t ever feel ashamed. ANd feel greatly proud of yourself for what yo are doing now. You have taken control and made a conscious decision to change your life.....and your life WILL change. :)

xx

Don;t ever feel ashamed. ANd feel greatly proud of yourself for what yo are doing now. You have taken control and made a conscious decision to change your life.....and your life WILL change. :)

xx

Thanks BL - yet again your words are wise, motivational and incredibly supportive. I know its been said before, and I know life as an LLC may not be right for you right now, but I really think you should consider utilising your very natural counselling / people skills in some way - people like you are needed in all sorts of areas of business, for example, as well as the more traditional counselling-type roles :)

Back