What made you think ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

vicky1823

I was thinking about this earlier... what was it that made me think "Right thats it, im loosing weight!" well... it was a photo.

A couple of years ago me and my husband were invited to a 21st, it was a fancy dress night. I decided to go as Tinkerbell ( im only 5ft ;) ) I was so impressed with my costume and had a great night.

But the pictures on Facebook the following day made me die! It was a side shot, my legs so wide, my fat belly bulging and my triple chin. I am GLAD that those pictures were took because it made me realise what I needed to do.

WHAT MADE YOU THINK ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

Vicky xx

There are many things which have been pushing me to lose weight, but I think I've recently realised that healthwise I am lucky and inevitibly that luck is going to run out. Despite my weight, I have no health problems at all, am rarely sick, have no conditions, and have perfect blood pressure. But for the first time I am morbidly obese, and approaching 30, and that luck is going to run out. I'm pushing my poor body to the limit, and any day it is going to collapse under the strain I am putting on it and I'll start getting diabetes, high blood pressure, and other nasty weight related illnesses. I owe it to my health to thank my lucky stars and change my lifestyle before it's too late.

I have lost weight several times in the past, my most sucessfull saw me get to 0.5lbs away from my goal! But each time I have given up for some reason or other.

This time I will do it! I thought I looked good on Boxing Day at my mum's party until I saw a photo my son had taken of me. I didn't look like me. I am going to be 40 in November and having seen how hard my mum had to work to lose weight as she got older I decided enough was enough.

As an extra incentive I just have to think about my aunt. She was morbidly obese, I never knew her to be slim. She died just before Christmas of cancer which she had been fighting for 4 years. This was the only time I saw her slim. She was told when she was first diagnosed that her cancer would have been detected far earlier if she had been slim as they wouldn't have thought her symptoms were due to her obesity.

When I heard that it didn't make me want to lose weight as I was never her size but with that in my head and the Christmas photo I decided enough was enough and my kids need me to be healthy so I am going to lose the weight for good.

I just know i need to lose weight, i cant look at myself in a full length mirror anymore and avoid looking in windows incase i see my reflection! Isnt that awful? Ive started a blog so i can document my weight loss and add pictures to motivate me and keep me going, i never want to be this size again. I cant wait to start SW tomorrow, my food arrived this morning and my food plan is all done. Super organised! Hopefully i can keep it up!! Good luck ladies xxxx

glittermama said:
I just know i need to lose weight, i cant look at myself in a full length mirror anymore and avoid looking in windows incase i see my reflection! Isnt that awful? Ive started a blog so i can document my weight loss and add pictures to motivate me and keep me going, i never want to be this size again. I cant wait to start SW tomorrow, my food arrived this morning and my food plan is all done. Super organised! Hopefully i can keep it up!! Good luck ladies xxxx

Glittermama I have also set up a blog to track my weight loss through photos and blog entries. I am rejoining my old class tomorrow night and will take it from there. 2012 is my year!!!!

Holiday pictures! and with another holiday booked I decided enough was enough so I brought the books and started slimming world from home by myself and with the help of minimins.That was Nearly 2 years ago and Im please to say i reached my goal within 6months and stayed my goal weight since.I have put on 4 pounds over xmas and come back to mini minis to grab some recipes and get back to my goal. :)

I literally had two items of clothing in my wardrobe that would fit and believe me I have a massive wardrobe. I remember being sat in the office at work and I was absolutely boiling and I wanted to take my cardigan off but there was no way I could because of what I looked like underneath

26 weeks later I am comfortably under my target. Slimming world has become part of my life now

Seen all my holiday photo's and been disgusted at how I looked but never really did anything about it. Then my friend announced she is getting married in February 2013 and asked me to be her chief bridesmaid. Thinking of myself in a bridesmaids dress at my size spurred me on to go to SW to lose what I thought would be a couple of stones. What a shock when I weighed in....OMG!!!! :eek: I realised I needed to lose about 5 and half stone. I'm determined now that I want to make my friend feel proud she asked me to be her chief bridesmaid and want to look good for her wedding pics.

Also, the realisation that at the rate I was going and if I carried on eating as I was doing I would be heading for being diagnosed as having diabetes type 2 or worse still a stroke. I may not always do 100% on plan but I'm doing OK so far and I'm pleased with my progress. Touch wood...I haven't had a gain so far...although that may happen at tonight's WI.

To keep me on track I keep visualising those scales on my first weigh in....works for me!! :)

Eating a mars bar and crisps at 22 stone at work with other people with mounds of food and them looking slim and gorgeous! What was their secret? Slimming world!!

I decided to lose weight for my 30th birthday, I'm now 38 and I didn't lose the weight.

I'm in the last year of a degree and I will be getting a job at the end of the year and I do not want to be fat and out in the work force so I'm determined.
Also, personally, being slim gives me more choices and options...

Initially it was Sitting on a beach in France crying with towel round my shouders, wrap covering my legs boiling hot but so down about my body i wouldn't move or couldn't enjoy myself cause felt so embarassed.
Realised then, that it was only me that was stopping me living my life how i wanted to live it ie slim again (can see now I was slim when younger but always thought i was podgy)

Lost most of my weight at WW but because it didn't teach me anything about health it all came back on plus an extra 2 stone.

This time, i learning how to live eat & enjoy healthy food for the rest of my life. x

Its amazing how many totally different stories everyone has! Some are funny and some sad. Its interesting! :) thanks for sharing with us! x

I was going on a holiday to India and didn't want to be puffing and panting at the back of the tour group being totally tubby and unfit. I set myself a definite goal and timescale on the first week I joined SW.

I lost the weight and was positively leaping around in high temperatures - impressing the tour guide! I think it helps to have a goal and to aim for it.

For me, it was three things. Firstly, seeing myself in a bridesmaid dress at a recent wedding, where I realised I looked enormous. I can't actually look at the pictures now as they horrify me so much. Secondly, having another wedding to go to in May, this time abroad and with the prospect of spending days by the pool with super slim friends - yikes!!

Mostly though, its the fact that I hate looking at myself in the mirror, and have no self-esteem or confidence whatsoever. I thought I was overweight at 12 stone, and now, an extra 4 and a bit stone later, I realised enough was enough and I need to tackle this head on. I will do it!

I first joined SW in May 2008, just after my 40th birthday, and it was reaching the big 4-0 that made me join. I lost 3 stone in a year but then moved and 'pratted about', joining groups and dropping out etc.

End of last July the relationship I was in ended in rather a messy way and my son and I moved to a different part of the country - miles from where we were but closer to my parents.

So, 2012 is MY year. I want to do this for me. I want to be happy with looking in to the mirror. I also want to be able to shop anywhere!

In addition I am getting a lot of pain in one of my knees, not contant but an occasional crippling pain. Plus I find it difficult walking downstairs in the morning. I'm also putting off walking (which I know I need to do) as it's making me so tired.

PLUS my dad has Type 2 diabetes and he told me over Christmas that his nan had had it and had had part of one of legs amputated.

I want to die of old age with all my body parts intact!

AND I want to see my son (13 years old) achieving all his dreams x

It just felt like the right time? I can't explain it another way. I've always been big, and been confident enough in myself that I didn't hate myself - but I had bad days. And as i got older, there were more bad days, and my pcos symptoms were worse and worse, and one day it just seemed like the time to do it. I waited til I had the cash and did. My motivation now - amongst other things - is I'm 30 in December, and I want to look my best ever in time for my 30th. New decade, new start

Couple of things:

Hitting 17 stone!
Having pain in my hips and lower back
Constantly having red marks across my tummy where I'm pulling in my belt to stop my jeans sitting under my belly roll!
Seeing that my legs are now lumpy and cellulite covered all the way down (attractive)
Being single and realising that the way I am I can never let anyone see me naked!!! :)

First time around was when I realised I was busting out of size 18's. Size 20, simply was not going to happen!!!! Lost 3.5st and got to size 14 a year ago.

Became complacent for a while, Mum died, new man, being a wine lush and new medication saw me shoot back over 14st which scared me to death. Before I know it, I thought, I'd be back to pushing 16st and heading towards size 18/20 again NOOOOOOO!!!!

So here I am, size 16, 14st with a holiday looming in May that I want to look at feel good for.

Great thread

Good luck folks :)

Applekath said:
First time around was when I realised I was busting out of size 18's. Size 20, simply was not going to happen!!!! Lost 3.5st and got to size 14 a year ago.

Became complacent for a while, Mum died, new man, being a wine lush and new medication saw me shoot back over 14st which scared me to death. Before I know it, I thought, I'd be back to pushing 16st and heading towards size 18/20 again NOOOOOOO!!!!

So here I am, size 16, 14st with a holiday looming in May that I want to look at feel good for.

Great thread

Good luck folks :)

Hi!!! :) sounds like your determined & very positive which is good! Good luck xxx

Back