What made you think ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?

I agree with most of the comments on this thread.

I always thought I was fat in my youth, when I was actually very slim.

I gained weight steadily over the years but can remember wearing a size 14 for my 30th birthday, roll on my 42nd birthday and I was burtsing out of a size 22.

I decided to do Atkins about 2 months before my neice got married and managed to lose some weight but as always I started everything too late for it to make any real difference, I squashed myself into a size 20 for her wedding. The photos were truly awful, but I soon stopped dieting. I then tried SW but couldn't understand that I was a slow loser and everyone else would lose loads and I would just lose 0.5lb. My C was lovely but new and never really knew what to say to me when I was upset and disappointed. I lasted about 8 weeks.

Roll on 5 months later and my friend who was doing SW in a different class to me was almost at target after losing over 4 stone and looked amazing. I was so jealous.

The final turning point for me was a photo. But not a fat photo a thin one. I was in Majorca with my children who are both teenagers but were just young then and I just looked so happy, slim and healthy. I remembered how I felt then and it was one of the happiest times of my life and I was proud of me. I decided I want to be that person again, as that is the real me, not the miserable depressed anxious person who I have become, that thinks everyone is judging me or looking at me beacuse of how I look. I want the real me back. Now when I think about failing or giving up I picture the photo in my head and it makes me feel good.

I have now been attending SW with my lovely friend who is at target, and love being in control.

Hiya! :wavey:
For me it was
1) Realising that in reality I can only shop at about 2 places for clothes and that to treat myself the only thing I can really buy is a handbag or a pair of shoes
2) Realising that I would like to have a baby and that will probably be harder at this weight, more complications/risky and also I would like to look pregnant as opposed to the porker who ate all the pies!
3) hating every single photograph of myself (including the very expensive wedding album!!!)

So I've decided this year is gonna be the one it's slimming world and onwards and upwards (becuase I'll be so thin and light I'll float away!!!! lol :8855:)

2) Realising that I would like to have a baby and that will probably be harder at this weight, more complications/risky and also I would like to look pregnant as opposed to the porker who ate all the pies!

This for me too. I have lost 2 babies already and although on neither occasion my weight was listed as a problem (I was actually lighter then) I suspect if I were to see an expert it would be brought up.

I'm not getting any younger, plus my OH has been broody for about 5 years! If I have to see someone about fertility issues I'd like to be in peak condition so I'm not told to go back when I'm thin.

When I saw this picture taken on holiday a few years ago and realised that it wasn't a hippo..it was me :cry:

Attachments

• P9010226.jpg
    P9010226.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 168
I had lost 3 1/2 stone on slimming world about 4 years ago and it had gradually crept back, and more. I live in Portugal and was staying with my daughter in the UK when she started slimming world (from home)again. It reminded me how easy the plan was and how effective. I also have IBS and feel so much better when I eat healthily.

This for me too. I have lost 2 babies already and although on neither occasion my weight was listed as a problem (I was actually lighter then) I suspect if I were to see an expert it would be brought up.

I had some gynecological problems a while ago and the first words out of the consultants mouth were 'well i'm sure if you lost some weight then things might be different' not lets do some tests check you haven't got PCOS or cancer just your fat, go home lose some weight! i know exactly what you mean x

A trip to
My GP the day she said I couldn't be put on a pill I needed because I was too
Overweight & was risking stroke heart attack & dvt if I took it- bad news at 18!!

for me it was after i had my little girl 6 weeks ago, i looked in the mirror last week and decided i did not like what was looking back, and also thought about what my partner thought off me now when i was skinny before, i want to be a slim mum picking my daughter up from school not one that my daughter gets picked on for having a fat mum, so this year is my year :D

When I saw this picture taken on holiday a few years ago and realised that it wasn't a hippo..it was me :cry:

Well look at you now....amazing!! :0clapper:

loho said:
I had some gynecological problems a while ago and the first words out of the consultants mouth were 'well i'm sure if you lost some weight then things might be different' not lets do some tests check you haven't got PCOS or cancer just your fat, go home lose some weight! i know exactly what you mean x

I saw my gp a while back about a build up of ear wax and they even managed to bring it up then! So there is no hope for me if it's about something more serious!

Last year I had 3 emergency surgeries for abscess, sounds crazy but I would get a pea sized lump then a few days later & a ton of antibiotics later I would be under GA having them removed as I was going into Steptic shock.

Im not diabetic so they had no idea what was going on!

Now I have a diagnosis of Hidradenitis Suppuritiva

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Hidradenitis-Suppuritiva.htm

The Dr's said my weight might be a contributing factor, I felt so sorry for myself I just ate more and more.

my main 'epiphany' was on my 3rd surgery I had to put myself on the Theatre table as my BMI was over the moving & handling spec :0 they weren't allowed to lift me :0

Started off at 200lb (14 stone 4lb) and a year later I am now 12st 0.5 (was 11st 11.5 before Xmas lol)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you :bighug:[/QUOTE]
Hi jo, u msgd me a week or so ago when I first started and ive read some of ur other posts and they r always really helpful, do u have a diary etc ?? Xx

Mine was also a couple things.
1) Deciding to get married and realising how awful the pictures would look at my current weight.

2) My fiance taking a photo of me for my dads photo frame as he has none of me and making him take it from an above angle to hide my double chin

3) People at work alot smaller than me (and at home) saying that they need to lose weight and realising that I would probably be alot happier if I did.

I lost a stone on SW a while back and was pregnant at the time, however weeks later food aversions & craving saw me coming off plan. Iv now put that stone on & another besides and i still have 10 weeks to go till my little one arrives. On average a woman looses 24-35lb within 2 weeks of giving birth as this is all the extra blood/fluid/baby etc. Im hoping that I will be back to ware I started when I left Sw and more to the point, I dont want to wast the first few presiouse monthes of my baby while im constantly fretting/worrying about my weight gain.

Hopefully then I can concentrat on just loosing the normal excess lbs

For me the main push was booking my wedding that we have been dithering over for 5 years! This is going to be one occasion where I not be able to run away from the camera
Other deciding factors were
- Not being able to buy clothes - I was seriously limited s to what I could get at size 24/26, and anything i did buy I didn't feel great in
- The doctors wanting to send me to hospital because their highest dosage of high blood pressure pills were having no effect on me
- Constant nagging from my family

Like many others, I was always told I was too big, I remember when I was 10 my mum put me on a diet and wrote out meal plans for me saying exactly what I could eat, and when I look back at photos of me then, I really wasn't fat at all...

This is a great thread, and the even greater thing is that we are all taking steps in the right direction to change our habits and lead healthier life styles - good luck to each of you x

My wedding photos, god I looked awful, i cant believe it looking back at them, how did i not realise i had got so bloody big, that was enough for me!! i will be slim again!!!

Last year I had 3 emergency surgeries for abscess, sounds crazy but I would get a pea sized lump then a few days later & a ton of antibiotics later I would be under GA having them removed as I was going into Steptic shock.

Im not diabetic so they had no idea what was going on!

Now I have a diagnosis of Hidradenitis Suppuritiva

Hidradenitis Suppurativa | Doctor | Patient UK

This is really interesting; my Mum has had three abcesses in about 8 months. The last one took 2 courses of antibiotics then a lancing, then 2 weeks late it came back!! The Doc kept sending her to the dentist (2 of them were in her face) and the dentist kept sending her back saying they were unrelated. I will pass this on to her. Thanks Lozzie!

mine was these two pictures...

Nov+2010+2.jpg
Feb+2011-Belgium.jpg

the second was taken on a two week exchange with uni to belgium, all we did was eat kebabs and drink stella! felt awful when we got back and within 3 days i was sat in my first class...i'd done said other weight loss group before but i didn't like the whole control-freakish counting element and hated it!!

also, i'm a trainee teacher, and i'd always said i'd love to bit a tincy bit healthier and skinnier by the time i qualified, just so i'd feel a bit more confident going for jobs and everything!

Back