What moment made you join Slimming World?

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
I have been on numerous diets for the last 15 years, losing, putting on - usual story.
At easter I went to a friends wedding and was horrified by the photos, untagging myself from all my friends Facebook ones !:mad:
Didn't make me do any thing about it though...until 3 weeks ago :cry:
I was at our caravan fishing in a river with my kids, they wanted to go in a bit deeper so i decided to borrow hubbys wellies ( 2 sizes too big but would do the job)
Alas I simply couldnt get them past my ankles, my calves are just tooooo big :(
For me the thought of not getting into a pair of mens standard wellies was all i needed and i started SW the next wednesday :D
Around 7 stones to lose but im determined :cool:
P.S. had to go in the river in my bloody good trainers too!

hey hun! congratulation on making the decision to change and stick with it! and congrats on the great loss for you first week! if you look at my photo album in my profile i had a photo taken at a works early xmas do in the middle of november and thats what made me decide i wanted to change my life, altho i have had a rocky few months i finally have got my head bk in the game!

I know what you mean about the facebook photos - I have one pic of myself on there and that's it! I look so much bigger than I feel :(

I joined SW when my old clothes started to not fit! I have a pair of 3/4 length jeans I love to wear in the summer, size 24 so they're a bit tight, can't wait to get back into them :)

My mum in law to be tagged photo's of me on facebook from a bbq... and on the day i remember thinking how nice i 'looked' then i sen the photo's and broke down... i cant even think myself as attractive never mind my partner... after that got to point i wouldnt go out with him in public coz i felt like i didnt deserve to be with him... then i googled slimming meetings in my area and found slimming worlf just down road :) ... x

I agree Evil penguin and Gemma, when i see photos of myself i can't believe it is me! I know im big but in my head im just no where near that big and always thought id looked nice when i left the house!!!!!!
OK Kissmee, give me a clue how to look at your pics????????

I knew for a while that I'd piled on the pounds but crunch time came when the dress I'd bought for a good friend's wedding just looked awful on me and didn't really fit, so the day before the wedding I had to go shopping 'just to find something to fit' - I hated how I looked and the 'make do' outfit I had to wear! I hated the photos - the sadness in my face was so apparent - so the following Thursday after the wedding I joined SW and never looked back! The dress I was going to wear now fits like a dream and I'll be wearing it with pride to another wedding at the end of this month! xxx

I wish it was photos that had given me a kick up the bum, it would have happened years ago.

For me it's been building for years but the final straw was when I trod on some nails. I got an infection in my foot and needed an operation, the anaesthetic could have finished me off and I was terrified. Luckily they managed to do a spinal which was alot safer but a tricky job (very thankful to the anaesthetist who spent an hour or so trying to find my spine through the fat:eek:). Lying there watching then operate and knowing it was all my fault gave me the kick I needed. I have to admit it took about 2 months though to build up the courage I needed to change everything.

Mine was running out of money for Cambridge Diet packs. Big bill for the car and had to decide to do something then and there, or I'd have gone to pot. So.. dug out my old SW book, did it 4 years ago and lost weight on it, knew I enjoyed it and was easy to go with too.

So here I am :), 2 weeks later, did well 1st week, but bad the 2nd with birthday celebrations all week up unitl yest. So new week, new me :)

I agree Evil penguin and Gemma, when i see photos of myself i can't believe it is me! I know im big but in my head im just no where near that big and always thought id looked nice when i left the house!!!!!!
OK Kissmee, give me a clue how to look at your pics????????

if you click on my name by one of my posts. then scrool down my profile and on the right hand side should be a photo album saying something like " the reason i started sw"

Well I was on CD, and have done amazingly well on it in the past, but

was finding it hard to balance with my roller derby, but managable. The biggest problem though was when I came down with tonsillitis and a vitamin D deficiency, and until that resolves and doctor signs me off, I can't restart CD.

I've done WW before and I'm just fed up pointing and weighing and counting. Thats what I liked about CD, it was minimal fuss to be honest. SW seemed like a logical step in teh interim.

I'll see how I get on (scales are showing a dip since Monday which is reassuring)

I went on a 2 week luxury all inclusive holiday to Mexico (back in October 2009) and just before we had a party for my best friends birthday - i looked at all the photos and there is a video of us dancing as well, and i was not happy at all with what i saw. (obv my dancing skills are excellent, it was the person dancing and throwing the shapes that wasnt pleasing!)

I went away and ate and drank until i was full - THEN ordered some room service most days too! My holiday pics were awful as well. Disgusting.

I came back and all of my clothes felt tight and uncomfortable. I was distraght and knew i needed to lose the weight once and for all.

I went to class the next week and 6 months later I am nearly 2.5 stone down!!! I still have 4.5 stone (approx) to lose, so im here for the long haul....! I recently put some pics on my public profile, and im happy to say i *think* i can see a difference now. Its very hard to see anything changing as its so gradual, but i think the pics you can see my arms are a bit thinnner and my face is a little less 'chinny'! x

I had pretended for years that I was born to be fat and that it didn't matter because I was happy and had a man who loved me for who I was. I truly convinced myself that my weight didn't bother me, and stopped weighing myself at all for years. I thought I was around 14-15 stone and ignored what size I was, putting it down to shops being wrong in their measurements

Can't remember what made me weigh myself on 31st March 2008, but I did and realised I was just short of 19 stone. It hit me like a bomb going off- I was killing myself slowly, pretending I didn't care about my limited life and unnattractiveness. I cried and cried all day, and joined SW online there and then. I will NEVER look back- EVER

I recently put some pics on my public profile, and im happy to say i *think* i can see a difference now. Its very hard to see anything changing as its so gradual, but i think the pics you can see my arms are a bit thinnner and my face is a little less 'chinny'! x
EB the difference is stunning- you look like a different person- so much happier and healthier- you really sparkle
x

Great stories people, Cocktail princess - I sat there with the ugly wellies that didnt fit crying too x
Ellebear - you can SOOOOO see a difference in your pictures - Totally gorgeous x

For me it was a holiday photograph. I though I looked good, I was in my fave dress and I really felt like a million dollars.
Saw the pic and that was it. I joined the next week - for the final time. I'm never ever putting that weight back on again.

To all of you who have progress pictures - you all look absolutely fantastic :-D
My turning point.....well, I think that it was deciding to take redundancy. I knew that I was bigger than I should be, but decided that I didn't care (trying to convince myself) and that I didn't have the time because of working full time with 3 children.
My leaving do photos on facebook were definitely ignored!!!!
I carried on until after Xmas - the knowledge that I was going to be forty in 7 months, finally gave me the impetus that I needed.
I found the photos from my b'day last year and could not believe how I looked - not the size, but more how tired and old.
Anyway, I've never looked back and feel about a million times better than I did :-D
I am going to be at target before the big 40 and then I am going to start doing all of the other things that I put off.
x

i have always been a bit of a yo-yo dieter. but after moving out of home both me and my boyfriend put on weight, (i put about 3stone on in 2 years) we tried for a baby and got pregnant straight away. after having her i lost all the extra pregnancy weight within about 6 weeks and felt great and was eating loads! but then as she slowly stopped breastfeeding (after 14.5months) i carried on eating and i have managed to put it all plus extra back on! after 2 years of no periods and then stopping breastfeeding i got my period back and we decided to try for another. well 3 months in and nothing so far, i feel like its the weight that is holding me back!
im hoping that by losing weight ill conceive soon (and will be able to maintain(ish) my weight while preg) and then lose this weight for good!
i want to be healthy to be able to run around with my little girl (and next child(ren)) for many years to come.

OK guys Ive added some depressing photos to my profile thingy, will add some more when i get home... Booo hisss!

Back