what next?

dellymolly

hello all :)

ive been on here for a while but dont post much, but i thought you all might be able to offer me some advice so here goes...

basically ive been on 790 for a month now and ive only lost 4lb. the only thing im not following to the letter is that i continue to have a few drinks at the weekend like i always have, even on ss (i know this isnt recomended, but it works for me).

i only have about another stone to lose until im a size 14 which is my personal aim so im going to go back on ss this week for another month.

my question i suppose, is, has anyone else experienced such slow losses on 790? ive only ever heard that the losses are similar to ss so im quite disappointed that its not working for me.

would anybody recomend that i actually move up the plans rather than back down?

thanks in advance :eek:

I think you have kind of answered your own question there live. You are getting slow losses as you are not following it to the letter. Sorry if that sounds harsh but there are loads of calories in booze and if you are in ketosis you shouldn't be drinking at all. i think if you went back to SS and stuck to it you would shift that last sone easily but no booze! Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Sorry but I have to agree with Chika, if you had stuck to 790 and not had the alcohol which took you out of ketosis your losses would have been better.
I would suggest that you keep at 790 and say NO Alcohol for a month and you could be a size 14.

It must be your decision..good luck with whatever you decide.
HM

Chika is right Hun.

If you only have a stone to go, before you reach goal, then surely not drinking for a little while to shift it all would be an incentive?
I would try one week without any booze at the weekend and see what difference it makes to your loss.

Good luck!

Kerry-Ann
xx

Hey chick, I'm with the other guys too!! You are soo close to getting where you wanna be - why sabotage yourself for the sake of some alcohol (and a hangover)! If you are 100% 790 for the next few weeks you'll be in your size 14's!!

I am losing 4lbs per week on 790 - but no cheating and no alcohol.

Maybe it might be best to just bite the bullet and lose the last stone otherwise it is going to take forever.

i apreciate all of your replies :D for the record, im not out steaming drunk every weekend. we all find our own way through this diet and i although i am completely aware of the reasons for not drinking etc etc, i choose to do so. my choice :p

i have lost the same amount of weight each week on ss whether ive drank or not :confused: i dont see how that would change on 790.

i can see im only going to get responses regarding the alcohol so i wont worry about it too much for now and i will see my counsellor for advice on wednesday as usual.

a month of ss to lose another stone and then begin to maintain, is my best option i think.

I am losing 4lbs per week on 790 - but no cheating and no alcohol.

Maybe it might be best to just bite the bullet and lose the last stone otherwise it is going to take forever.

i know, youve done so well :D i did stay teetotal for about the first 8 weeks of ss, i didnt find it too bad actually and i could easily do it again......i dont have anything on for the next couple of weekends so i wont be drinking.......maybe a couple of weeks of strict ss is what i need.

dellymolly,

Bear in kind that as you only have a stone to go it will obviously come off slower than if you have, say 5 stones to go. I think it was SteveM who said to me the other day that at your new lower weight it will take you less energy to burn off the pounds than at the higher weights so you will lose it less slowly (unless you increase exercise too).

So if you are consuming more calories (790 + whatever is in the alcohol) then you will find it takes more time to burn it off. Obviously it is your decision about what to eat and drink and I don't think people are trying to judge you - just advising you of the best course of action to help you.

It would be interesting to know though how much people on 790 lose on average when they get near to their target weight (and not when they are using that plan to lose weight anyway).

Good luck in getting to your target as quick as poss.

thanks sweetpea :)

i bought one of those stepper thingies a few weeks ago and ive been on it about 3 times lol i guess thats going to help aswell, i will make sure i get on it tonight and just generally buck my ideas up!

dellymolly,

Bear in kind that as you only have a stone to go it will obviously come off slower than if you have, say 5 stones to go. I think it was SteveM who said to me the other day that at your new lower weight it will take you less energy to burn off the pounds than at the higher weights so you will lose it less slowly (unless you increase exercise too).

So if you are consuming more calories (790 + whatever is in the alcohol) then you will find it takes more time to burn it off. Obviously it is your decision about what to eat and drink and I don't think people are trying to judge you - just advising you of the best course of action to help you.

It would be interesting to know though how much people on 790 lose on average when they get near to their target weight (and not when they are using that plan to lose weight anyway).

Good luck in getting to your target as quick as poss.

In general the weight loss starts to slow down one stone from a BMI of 25.

The weight losses from folks I know on the cambridge site on 790 when very close to BMI 25 are still 3-5lbs per week - with no cheating and no alcohol.

The body will use alcohol as its first source of calories due to it going straight into the bloodstream.

What usually happens is that folks whom have been on the diet - any diet - for a length of time start to slip and add things to the diet which they aren't supposed to have - that little bit of this and that will also affect weight loss.
In those cases it is nearly always suggested to go back to the book, back to basics, to find that the weight loss continues as planned.

Also, on SS and 790, over-excersising will also slow weight loss - as folks have found - they have had to drop some of the exercise to restart the weight loss :(

Dellymolly - we really aren't judging you at all Hun.

What I think myself and the others were trying to say - maybe it came out wrong!! Is that if you consume more than your 790 calories with whatever you chose to (personally mine would be food Lol!!), then things will slow down.
Also as Sweetpea said, as you don't have much further to go to reach your goal, things are really beginning to slow down.

Good luck and I am sure that you will get to goal soon.

What usually happens is that folks whom have been on the diet - any diet - for a length of time start to slip and add things to the diet which they aren't supposed to have - that little bit of this and that will also affect weight loss.
In those cases it is nearly always suggested to go back to the book, back to basics, to find that the weight loss continues as planned.

*adele dusts off her cd books*

and says no to :party0016:

:D

Dellymolly - we really aren't judging you at all Hun.

What I think myself and the others were trying to say - maybe it came out wrong!! Is that if you consume more than your 790 calories with whatever you chose to (personally mine would be food Lol!!), then things will slow down.
Also as Sweetpea said, as you don't have much further to go to reach your goal, things are really beginning to slow down.

Good luck and I am sure that you will get to goal soon.

awwww V thanks, i didnt think anyone was judging me! im a firm beleiver in that we all make our own way through the diet and i have chosen to take advantage of loopholes/cheats, i take responsibility for that.

with regards to my goal, 13stone is my personal goal, the correct goal according to BMI is 11 stone ish but im not bothered about being there.

so i will still be two stone over weight when i reach my personal goal so i shouldnt have the last stone problem should i? :confused:

did any of that make sense lol

Lol, perfect sense!!

Just take it one day at a time and you will get there!

Weekends are the hardest for me, as take-aways are more readily available....I have to be strong though and if I can make it through then you CAN too!!

Good luck and drink loads of water!!!

good luck with getting rid of the last stone, i've got to be honest and i did stick to the plan exactly, had good losses on 790, can't remember what now.

you have to decide yourself how you are going to get there, you have to make the diet work for you, maybe go back to SS, depending on your bmi at the moment, or even going to 1000Kcal, sometimes could kickstart the weight lost again, it took about 1.5wks on 1000Kcal before i could see any difference on scale and then it started to come off again.

Good luck with however you decide to do it, the last stone is the hardest to lose.

just a little update.....2 weeks of 790 and no alcohol.....no loss this fortnight :confused:

however, no gains either so im glad that im maintaining rather than putting any on.

looks like it might be back to ss for me to get to target!

Back