What plan?

Baileygirl said:
I am thinking about trying a low carb diet, I try to avoid bread, and white pasta/rice but think I need to follow something more structured.
Can anyone point me towards a simple plan u can try please.

Their are various low carb books out there, Gary taubes, Akins is a low carb option, primal eating and paleo eating plans are low carb.

Or cal count on my fitness pal (web or iPhone) and just avoid wheat/ bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cakes etc
Eggs, meat, loads green & colour veg - you can choose to eat dairy or not. Restrict your fruit to low carb - berries, apples, pears, etc.

Most low carb people eat at different levels of carbs per day some below 20g others 100-150 a day - you choose what works best for you.

I try to do mod carbs as that works better for me and my lifestyle 100-160g per day.

Thanks mis-behave. It's sounds very confusing! So cutting potatoes, pasta, rice and bread etc is not enough then?
I have the Atkins book but can't get on with it, after years of low fat eating I can't bring myself to eat cream, cheese and oils!!
I say that, however, and binge on crisps cake and bread!!!!!
I do use mfp to cc, I did sw for years and lost 5 stone then stalled and realised it was allowing me to overeat. Now I just cc.

Baileygirl said:
Thanks mis-behave. It's sounds very confusing! So cutting potatoes, pasta, rice and bread etc is not enough then?
I have the Atkins book but can't get on with it, after years of low fat eating I can't bring myself to eat cream, cheese and oils!!
I say that, however, and binge on crisps cake and bread!!!!!
I do use mfp to cc, I did sw for years and lost 5 stone then stalled and realised it was allowing me to overeat. Now I just cc.

I think it a good starting point, cutting those items out of your daily eating, but you do need to increase your uptake of good fats, like nuts(almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc but not peanuts), seeds and avocado - buying some oil for salads/ cooking - either nuts oils or olive oils, coconut oil is good too. U don't have to use a lot - even if you put a little in a pan and then wiped it round with a paper towel.

It is really hard to stop eating low fat. I still buy lean meat and cook with just a little oil (measured lol) I eat low fat feta and light cathedral mature cheeses sometimes - not everyday..
Vegetables are used to bulk out your meals so that you are not hungry - fruits are good in moderation, as snacks :)

Binging not great, it kind of shows that you are not eating enough, because if your binging you are hungry. If you binge try to choose a healthy option, if you can - I have some dark chocolate 60/70% for when I want a bit of sweet stuff, and I try to limit how much I have 4-6 small squares at a time aprox 100 cals

You have to make it work for U!

Low Carbohydrate Diet Plan Combination

Breakfast: Make an omelet with 2 eggs, a piece of sausage and some roasted red peppers.
Lunch: Make a sandwich with half a cup of low sodium corned beef, 2 tablespoons of Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. Be sure to use whole wheat bread instead of the refined one. Adding some lettuce and tomatoes will make it more flavorful.
Dinner: Prepare a salad with 3 pieces of grilled chicken breast, 4 pieces of steamed asparagus, some yellow squash and Romaine lettuce. Add tomatoes and white onions too. It will be better to use vinaigrette or a low carb dressing to make you lose weight faster.
Snack: You can either have a few celery sticks with a low fat dip or a cup of yogurt with fruits.

I can highly recommend the LCHF diet. It's huge in Scandinavia at the moment but it's becoming world wide.

You basic need to eat 65% fat 30% protein and 5% carbs. This should keep you in ketosis and I promise you if you've struggled to lose weigh before this method will change your life.

Its a life long commitment to control insulin resistance but people like me and maybe you will never be slim while we're eating all the carbs that lurk in everything we eat.

If you want to know more watch this

LCHF is the **** - YouTube

It's quite funny but also really informative.

Also this Dr talks about exercise on this plan , he cycles hundreds of miles and swims and weigh litts, I'm listening to it know and it's fascinating;

Exercise On Low Carbohydrate Diet?

If you are really serious about losing weight for life then this is the way forward xx

Back