What SF to have with curry and rice?!

McGlynn62

If I'm not 'on SW' I'd never dream of having any veg with my curry so the idea of doing this is kinda weird for me :-/ obviously I can put veg into the actual curry and that's fine but what do others do if it's just a curry of meat and sauce?! My C puts roasted veg with hers but I see that as more Mediterranean than Indian :-/

Any ideas?

I pack lots of onion and peppers in curry depending what curry it is, and usually do mushroom rice so I get lots of mushroom and onion in that too. Or do veg pilau and put mini broccoli and cauliflower florets and sweet orb, peas etc in the rice to pack in the super free where I can! It's not easy but its doable! Other thing I do is serve an Indian side salad of onion, cucumber and tomato like you get with poppadoms, and have that with the curry too x

Ooh, lovely ideas :) thank you very much!! X

I always make a chopped tomato and onion salad...and instead of chutney I slice a banana over the curry...try it ...it is yummy!

Green beans are also really nice alongside a curry!

I make an Indian salad it's lush!

1 big carrot,
1 roughly chopped red onion,
1/2 cucumber peeled and cored and rough chop
2 tomatoes roughly chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped,
1 minced garlic clove
Some mint and coriander
Lemon juice to your taste I put quite a bit in, salt and pepper and you're good to go.

Depending on the kind of curry you're making butternut squash goes well with a lot of them so that bumps it up too

Green beans are also really nice alongside a curry!
ooh just thought of mangetout! X

I make an Indian salad it's lush!

1 big carrot,
1 roughly chopped red onion,
1/2 cucumber peeled and cored and rough chop
2 tomatoes roughly chopped
1 red chilli finely chopped,
1 minced garlic clove
Some mint and coriander
Lemon juice to your taste I put quite a bit in, salt and pepper and you're good to go.
that sounds lovely x

With a Chinese style curry I would have onions, broccoli, pal choi, mini sweet corn, mange tout, water chestnuts, bean sprouts, mushrooms, carrots & peppers. In an Indian I would have a mix or all of onions, cauli, broccoli, carrots, peas, sweet corn, mushrooms, courgette, peppers, spinach, sweet potato & probably some others I've missed. I think pretty much most stuff can be curried :)

Don't forget passata and chopped tomato are also superfree if its a tomato based curry

I use lots of onion and peppers too and salad on the side, I love salad with curry lol.

Back