What shall I do with over-ripe bananas?!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
I only like eating greeny-yellow bananas! I don't like eating them over-ripe. I have 3 that neither boyf or I will eat - I used to bake banana bread but that's not really SW friendly. What shall I do?!

Hmm...

Well how about....

Gelatin
Quark 0% fat one
Yellow food colouring but not important if you don't have it.
Canderel or sweetner of your choice.
Sliced banana

Make up half the mixture for the gelatin... make up the rest with quark... add some food colouring and some canderel mix up till tastes ok... then add bananas... leave to set and eat the whole lot syn free and really tasty hehe.

Ooh that sounds interesting! Thanks Treats!

Freeze them in pieces, then blitz them with an electric blender. It's like banana ice cream. Though do you have to syn something once it's been blitzed?? I don't know...

They spoke about a banana loaf last night at the SW meeting. It has syns, but if you don't go overboard, you could work it into the plan. Maybe slice it and freeze the slices. I believe it was 4oz marg, 4 oz sugar, 6 oz wholemeal self raising flour, 3-4 eggs. Bake in a moderate oven til risen. Over-ripe bananas are sweeter and so less sugar is needed. Work out the syns for the whole loaf and then divide by however many slices you do.

Ooh interesting! Thanks Minders :) I haven't baked anything since starting WW - I don't know if I could be bothered working out syns and then whether I'd actually stop at one slice! LOL! But I will think about how to do it....and then maybe try when I have some willpower.

Haven't tried this yet but

*[FONT=&quot]Scan bran banana cake*[/FONT][FONT=&quot]_* [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]12 syn's whole cake or use 2x weetabix as 1 HEB plus 4.5 syn's. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 x weetabix = 6.5 syn's [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3x scan bran = 1.5 syn's [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 TBSP mincemeat ( I left this out! Yuk!) = 2 syn's [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 TBSP honey = 1 syn [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 banana [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3 eggs [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Canderel (or any other sweetener) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 TSP ginger, allspice and cinnamon [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1. Soften bran in a little warm water, then mix with crumbled weetabix [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2. Mix in mashed banana, spice honey and canderel [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3. Beat eggs and stir into mix [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]4. Fry light tin and cook 175c for 20 mins. [/FONT]

They spoke about a banana loaf last night at the SW meeting. It has syns, but if you don't go overboard, you could work it into the plan. Maybe slice it and freeze the slices. I believe it was 4oz marg, 4 oz sugar, 6 oz wholemeal self raising flour, 3-4 eggs. Bake in a moderate oven til risen. Over-ripe bananas are sweeter and so less sugar is needed. Work out the syns for the whole loaf and then divide by however many slices you do.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you should add a bit of cinnamon and ground nutmeg to this too.:rolleyes:

:8855::8855::8855: Was just thinking if you haven't used these darn things by now.... they will be moldy so chuck them hahaha!

I found this for you

banana cake

Banana and cinnamon cake it wasnt too sweet so more like a bread with a cake texture am thinking it would be nice with sweetened quark anyhow it was huge so cut it into 9 slices at 2syns a slice.

Ingredients
56g/2oz self raising flour 10syns
6 eggs
cup of sweetener
1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 syn
2 medium bananas mashed 8 syns
1tsp of cinnamon think next time I will put 2 in wasnt enough really

preheat oven to 180

I separated 2 of the eggs and whisked the 2 egg whites in a bowl and put to one side put all the the other ingredients including the 2 egg yolks you seperated in another bowl and whisk, once nicely mixed fold in the 2 egg whites until there are no big lumps pour mixture into a sandwich tin, i used a silicon one it only just all fit in!
now I didnt time this lol i think about 40 mins after about 20 I covered the top with foil to stop it burning once out of the oven leav in the tin to cool for a bit then turn out and cut into 9 slices easier than it sounds cut into thirds then each thrid into 3 it works out to 2 syns a slice plus 1/2 syn over so I am going to count one slice at 2.5 the rest at 2 syns I then sprinkled sweetener over the top this will melt and make the top a bit sticky mmmmmm

rockinrobin said:
I found this for you

banana cake

Banana and cinnamon cake it wasnt too sweet so more like a bread with a cake texture am thinking it would be nice with sweetened quark anyhow it was huge so cut it into 9 slices at 2syns a slice.

Ingredients
56g/2oz self raising flour 10syns
6 eggs
cup of sweetener
1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 syn
2 medium bananas mashed 8 syns
1tsp of cinnamon think next time I will put 2 in wasnt enough really

preheat oven to 180

I separated 2 of the eggs and whisked the 2 egg whites in a bowl and put to one side put all the the other ingredients including the 2 egg yolks you seperated in another bowl and whisk, once nicely mixed fold in the 2 egg whites until there are no big lumps pour mixture into a sandwich tin, i used a silicon one it only just all fit in!
now I didnt time this lol i think about 40 mins after about 20 I covered the top with foil to stop it burning once out of the oven leav in the tin to cool for a bit then turn out and cut into 9 slices easier than it sounds cut into thirds then each thrid into 3 it works out to 2 syns a slice plus 1/2 syn over so I am going to count one slice at 2.5 the rest at 2 syns I then sprinkled sweetener over the top this will melt and make the top a bit sticky mmmmmm

Whilst I'm sure the OP will appreciate the recipe, I think the bananas will have gone by now as it was from November 2008!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL! I love it - thank you. I was amused that an ancient thread had resurfaced. Yes the bananas in question had gone, but I have since had many other over-ripe bananas, which have been made into a variety of things, from muffins to cakes, etc. Also, I now have a little baby and she can have very ripe bananas, so that's an end to my dilemma!

:D

x

I agree with the freeze and blend idea, I add a smidge of skimmed milk to it to make it more of a mousse type thing :)

How about this!.......

Pete’s Knickerbocker Glory

Serves 4

Ingredients

5 ripe Banana’s (sff)
1Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 bag of mixed summer fruits (ss)(sff)
Sweetener

Extras
*1 Can low fat spray cream (1tbsp=1syn) (Co-op Squirty Cream)
*1 11g pack of Options (3 syn/4=0.75 syn each)
*4 Marshmallows (1 syn each)
* 5g Mixed Nuts (1.5 syn)

Method

Peal the banana’s and cut into 30mm pieces, place in a freezer-proof plastic sealable box and place in a freezer, remove after 1 hour and pulp the bananas with a hand blender, then return to the freezer for another 1 hr.

Remove and beat the mixture, taste and add the vanilla extract and sweetener to taste if required return to the freezer.

Continue until the mixture appears like soft Ice-cream, it can be used as this or return until the mixture is frozen, when ready remove from the freezer.

Prepare the glass dish and layer the base with fruit, add a layer of ice-cream, continue until full, finishing with the ice-cream, finish with the liquid from the fruit tipped over the ice-cream.

Knickerbocker Glory-3 (Small).JPGKnickerbocker Glory-4 (Small).JPGBanana-2 (Small).JPGBanana-3 (Small).JPGBanana-5 (Small).JPG

Back