What should be my ideal or goal weight?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by 1888ghirl, 10 February 2010 Social URL.

1. 1888ghirl

1888ghirl Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(12.5%)
    I am 5' 6" and currently 14 stone. I was thinking around the 10 stone mark would that be right or should I be setting a realistic goal?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *Shanny*

*Shanny* Gold Member

yep id say 10 stone too.x

4. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    It depends on your frame size and muscular structure as well though.

5. Just Peachy

Just Peachy Slowly But Surely

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(17.73%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Exercise
    According to BMI calculations (which you can take or leave) you should be anywhere from 115 pounds (8 stonne) to 155 pounds (11 1/2 stonne).

Like Yambabe said, it depends on your frame. I'm the same height as you and I don't think I could ever be 115 pounds. People never believe the weight I am, they always guess 20-30 pounds less, so I think I'd be on the higher end of the BMI chart.

On Ideal Body Weight Calculator - MyDietExercise.com, it says I should be between 152 and 167. Maybe this is a correct indicator :)

6. John-

John- Member

Personally, I'd say that it depends... I'm a fan on just looking into the mirror. Does your stomach stick out? Do you have a waist? These indicate how much more to lose. I don't believe that people should use a formula for 'ideal' weight unless it has about 5-10 variables (BMI has 2).

Last edited: 15 February 2010
  7. Jettica

Jettica Shoot to thrill

Start Weight:
    239lb
    Current Weight:
    172lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    67lb(28.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd say get down to the higher end of your ideal weight range (in your case 155lbs) then see how you feel from there. That's what I'm doing. Although, my Grandma (who is deadly honest about weight *sigh*) told me to stand up the other day and said "ten and a half stone." So that'll probably be my ideal goal. :D

8. vicky_r

vicky_r Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6.4lb(32.37%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Midrange of your BMI should be about right, but as has been said before, it all depends on your frame. I am just coming into the healthy bmi range now, at 5'10, and am still a 14-16! Not what I want at all, I want to be a svelte 12-14... wonder if that means I have to go all the way to the bottom of the range. I can't imagine being that small though....

9. shelz

shelz Silver Member

Is there anything wrong with setting a goal that is to the lower end of your healthy BMI?

I am getting towards 9 stone now and am 5 foot 6. While I am getting happier and happier with every pound I would still like to go maybe that extra half stone or stone further. Is it wrong to aim of a BMI of 20 or slightly under?

10. vicky_r

vicky_r Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6.4lb(32.37%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    No, nothing wrong with that at all.. as I said it all depends on your frame and your build. I think I would look emaciated towards the lower end of my bmi range, and I want to keep a few curves! I am particularly fond of my boobs! lol... but, I think it is different if yu are shorter/a smaller frame. Just go with what feels right for you.

11. John-

John- Member

My goal has a BMI of 19.7 so there is nothing wrong with choosing a lower weight.

12. LuvPink

LuvPink Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    WW
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.