What should I be aiming for

wow Lucia our stats are really similar, guess we can keep each other going through this

Thanks Alison. Yeah I am doing it for me, hubby is great and is supporting me but he would never ask me to change for him. Everyone has been so supportive on her, I am so glad I found this website, I am on week one but people on here have given me so much advice and in moments of doubt they have told me if I stick to the plan it should work.

At the moment my biggest fear is week on I will put on weight as it does not feel like I am dieting, been eating proper meals and having snacks.

At the moment my biggest fear is week on I will put on weight as it does not feel like I am dieting, been eating proper meals and having snacks.

I'm sure you're going to have a great weigh in on week one, and I think that's when it starts to get exciting - when you realise it's possible to change your life and not deprive yourself of any delicious SW food!

I know, I am scared stiff but excited, I have found myself looking forward to meals that are sin free, if this diet works for me I will be so happy and will put in the work.

Just wanted to say Good luck to both of u ..... u can do it!!! xx

Dont worry about the end result, just enjoy watching your body changing and getting smaller ... u will know when u are at your target because u will feel and look fantastic!!! xxxx

I put my target as 5 stone but I will know when I feel good about how i look that i have reached my target so that could be 5 - 7 stone ... i just dont know yet x

Your target will definitely evolve and become more clear as you get closer. When I first joined up I was 122kg and put my initial target as 90kg because it seemed so inconceivable that I could ever get to that it seemed like a huge challenge. Now I'm around 93kg so not far away and I wouldn't dream of stopping yet. I'm still nowhere near a healthy weight for my height and still have a long way to go but at least now I'm starting to believe I can do it! I'm sure you will too as you sound very determined. Good luck x

Hey I'm 5foot 2 and weigh 16.5 stone (233 lbs) and for my height I shud weigh 9stone (120lbs) approx so I've got a long way to go but I am aiming for at least 30lbs ( 2stone 2lbs) by may as I'm a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding and I have already lost 1 stone so I wanna do well. Good luck xxx

Wow, how amazing, you have just given me so much hope. I am sure so many people have told you but WELL DONE!!!! It does feel impossible, I think over the past few years I have wanted to loose weight but it has always seemed to big a task as I have so much to loose.

what plan did you do, did you do much exercise on top. I am joining a gym tomorrow and am going to aim to go 3x a week, any exercise is better than nothing right,

Thanks Katoff.

I've mainly stuck to the red/green plans as that suits me better i find then extra easy. as to exercise - all i did was start walking. walking to people's desks instead of emailing/phoning, walking to town to do my shop, and walking for the pure hell of it - because I can - and as the weight came off - i started walking more and more - in fact these days the only time i use the car is if i'm going to work (it's 25miles each way) or going to see friends who live that bit further away.

Taking it one step at a time though makes the impossible seem possible.

Hey I'm 5foot 2 and weigh 16.5 stone (233 lbs) and for my height I shud weigh 9stone (120lbs) approx so I've got a long way to go but I am aiming for at least 30lbs ( 2stone 2lbs) by may as I'm a bridesmaid at my brothers wedding and I have already lost 1 stone so I wanna do well. Good luck xxx

Hey Donna, you're the same height and weight as me! I put my target as 10 stone but think I'm going to take it down to 9 - 9.5 so as to be right in the healthy bracket. Good luck!! :)

Hi Lisa,

I would break this down into little chunks as others have said. I have half stone chunks that coincide with my 'stickers'. Then on top of that, I have mini achievements when I get into the next stone down, next size down etc. I couldn't have imagined at the beginning of this how far I had to go, but now suddenly, I'm near/potentially already half way there. I haven't set a target yet (although I'm thinking more about it now) and probably won't for a while still. This is a journey, not a race and it won't stop when you get to target (that's the hard part I think !).

In terms of which plan, everyone is different. I personally would suggest that you stick to whichever you prefer to start with. If you stick to it, you will probably lose weight the fastest in the long run. I would be cautious (at least at this stage) of trying a plan because you think it's 'better' or you will lose weight faster. If you don't suit the plan, you are less likely to stick to it therefore your losses will be worse, no matter what other people have achieved on it. You will find people here who have done well on all 3 plans so take your pick. I love extra easy but I do the odd green day so that I can have more HE's.

Fingers crossed for you - in some ways it's a bit easier once you're in the swing of things because you know what works for you.

Good luck.

Gail x

Back