What should i expect in the first week with my loss??

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Just really nervous about WI and it's only half way!

What are other peoples results from first week. I feel I have been doing Atkins quite okay. I have been on 20g a day and drinking 2.5 of water most days or more and I've exercised and will have by the end of the week, 4 times.

Bren
X

I had an impressive loss in the first week, followed by a much more sensible 1lb loss in week 2. I lost 5lb in week 1 and my partner lost 7 - but to be honest I think at least for me most of it was water! I think it depends on how much water you retain, I obviously carry a bit of it around :)

Good luck for your weigh-in, I know how you feel about weigh-in nerves! Sure you will be v happy with the results!

Thanks Hooya

I only feel less bloated to be honest than when I started. So essentially that is why I feel thinner. Water or fat I will just be happy with a loss even 3lbs loss will do!

Only Thursday will tell.......
Bren
X

Good luck! We should run a book on it :) I am saying 5lb.

Totally nervous and just hoping that Atkins is working for me. I am in Ketosis so essentially I should be burning my stored fat now??

Very nervous.

Bren

I lost a shed load the first couple of weeks Bren, but your on a heavily modified Atkins so I couldn't predict your loss really. :D

I know and i dont have alot to loose which doesn't help, if you know what I mean. I will be elated with 4lbs but would settle for over 2.5lbs!

I agree Bren, 11lbs is hardly anything in the Atkins scheme of things.

Jim I have 17 to loose. I think you misread that. But yes, still you are right.

So hoping to loose about 8 lbs over the next 4.5 weeks. I think I am going to try for induction Phase the next 2 weeks. Then in two fridays time i will be going on a road trip with hubby and will try and do atkins where possible. But know to enjoy myself but not go silly. Oh and keep up the water;

so
2.5 weeks induction
1 week 25g ( at least I will try to)
2 weeks induction
then my b'day and after that weekend
2 weeks induction
then onto 25g for 2 weeks
then onto 30g for 2 weeks
Hopfully by this stage I will only have about 2 - 4 lbs to go.

I just hope my body agrees with Atkins and the plan I have install for it!
XX

Thanks Laura.

How much have you lost in how many weeks with Atkins??

Oh i did yes, I was looking at start and current not current and target. It's an age thing Bren. ;/)

LOL Jim! xx

Laura I might start to limit my cheese too. Perhaps to only 4 times a week. I just made a muffin for dinner and it was yum!

Don't be nervous about the wi, Bren. You have nothing to prove to anybody, and no pressure to stick to any rigid weekly weight loss target. Some weeks you will lose faster than others, but regardless of what the scales say week by week, if you stay determined then you WILL get to your goal eventually.

Just keep your eye on the prize and don't sweat the small stuff, hun. x

Thanks LM.

I would just like to see something. My waist has stayed the same since I officially started on last Thursday. However I do feel less bloated and perhaps a little thinner??? I have been exercising, which my body always responds well to and the waist measurement has stayed staggnent.

Bren
X

It has to show soon enough Bren, i promise! You're doing fantastically well and you're a true inspiration to the veggie Atkinsers. Sometimes it takes the body a little while to catch up i reckon, here's hoping for a whoosh for you soon enough!

Yeah, I'm not going to give up. haven't even completed a first week yet. Pray to the gods for the woosh before Thursday morning!!

Thanks people. XX

Another day and still in Ketosis. You know I am not nervous about peeing on a stick and seeing the result but I am petrified of that number on the scale?

X

Morning Bren, ah yes, been there done that, I was a true scaleaholic. It's scary isn't it love.

Back