What size clothes are you at the moment?

Hi guys, this is depressing for me, im about 13st 8, i wear 16 top comfortably and 18 bottoms tight :(

5ft 3 and a half

Hi guys, this is depressing for me, im about 13st 8, i wear 16 top comfortably and 18 bottoms tight :(
5ft 3 and a half
Do not be depressed! You are about the same sizes as me and not that much different in weight. I'm 4" taller so it's me who should be depressed as people on here, who are same height/weight as me, are at least a size smaller.

Stick with it!

The tough time is often when you start your journey - you lose weight but not much happens in terms of size. It was certainly like that for me - it took 2 stone to lose a size and another 1.5 stone to lose another one.

Lots of people say it's about a size per stone lost but that deosn't work for me as you can see. 3.5 stone gone and only 2 sizes! And sizes vary too - remember that. Some may be quoting a US size or one from a shop that sells LARGER ones. I like to work on the "old Fashioned sizes of my youth . . . LOL.

When I was a size 14 in the 1970's, a size 14 was 36" bust, 26" waist and 38" hips. Nowadays, it seems the average size 14 has "grown" by at least 2" to 38" bust, 30" waist and 40-41" hips.

There's actually a very interesting blog here about "vanity sizing" - which is what this is all about!
What Dress Size or Waist Size Am I Really ? » Rod Collins
And this was written over 3 years ago so heaven knows how big sizes now are!

So I'm 5ft 1, 16.5 stone and am currently wearing a size 18/20 on top and a size 20 on the bottom.

My top hasn't really changed that much, I've lost 3 stone and have got a stretchy primark size 16 top that I can get on but is too tight to wear properly still. I was wearing a 20 on top, I now wear 20's for the baggy look in some things.

My bottom half has dropped in size, I was a 22 in jeans (just) and a 24 in formal trousers, I lived in size 20 leggings and jeggings. I am now comfortably in a size 20 trousers and jeans but they are my old ones so not sure how much they've stretched.

The next big things for me is to get my top into a size 16 and my butt into a size 18. It will have been about 6/7 years since I've been either.

X

I am 5' 6 and weigh 17st 6lbs... I can be anything from an 18 to 22 on top and bottom depending on where I shop...mostly 20+ on bottom though due to my mahoosive arse! haha x

When I was in the 12 stones I was a 16. I'm now 8 stone 9 pounds and a size 8. Im 5'2.5 :)

It's so interesting to see how people carry it! It took me 2 stone to go down one size and then 1 stone to go down to the next size. I think I'm pretty fortunate that I've got an hourglass shape and I'm the only woman in my family who doesn't have ridiculously huge boobs!!

HAha! You're lucky. I'm 5"2.5, 8 stoen 9 pounds and have 34E boobs! I sometimes need to go up to a size 14 in tops just to get the buttons down, but then the top is all saggy at my waist by a good 6 inches!

I'm 5ft 5and a half, I'm 16/18 on top and an 18 on bottom, I weight 15stone8

Im 5 ft 6 and 146 and I have just this wk got into my first size 12's! eek so happy!

It depends on your body type tho, if u are pear shaped or apple shaped. Im apple so I tend to carry more round the middle so I tend to be higher in the sizes than others with the same size/weight as me

Im 17.9 and size 20-22 yea i know its disgusting :~( but thats why im here for motivation!

It's far from disgusting! A size 20 isn't even that big, plenty of people are size 20-22.

I'm 5'4", currently 13,11 and in a size 18.

At my biggest I was 16.3 and in a size 22. The smallest iv ever been is 10.5 stone and I was a size 12 then x

Hi, I'm 13 stone 5.4ft and a size 14 top and small size 16 but I should be petite when I'm not covered in all this blubber lol :) x

I'm 5ft 2, weigh 13st 11lbs, am a size 20 on top (although I do like my tops as loose as possible so possibly 18 really) and 18 on bottoms :-(

I'm 5ft 7 and I weigh 12st 13 I'm a comfy/loose size 14 in most shops and tight 12 in a few shops

Last edited:
Back