What size clothes are you at the moment?

Felix

Gold Member
I am trying to work out what size I will be in 5 weeks time if I make it through my 100% challenge and lose about a stone, and thought it may be helpful for others as sort of an estimation of what size they will be at what weight (I know it's different for everyone as people carry it differently but it should be good for a rough guess :) )

I'm 5ft 5 and weigh 12st 13. I'm a comfortable size 14 in the majority of shops at the moment.

How tall are you? What do you weigh? What size are you?

I think in a stones time I'll be a small 14 (wish I'd be a 12 but there's no chance!!)

Hey normally you can move down a dress size for every stone... But as you say everyone holds weight in different places... I am weird that I am one size on my top half and a size bigger on my bottom half... So it varies ..

I'm 5ft and 12st 11lb at my last WI.
I can fit in most 16's at the moment, though they can be a little tight (New Look) or a little bit baggy (coast) depending on the shop.

When I was 16st 6lb I was a size 22. Though squeezed mostly into size 20.

Hi!

Yey, I'm 5'5 to! Right now I'm at 163 pounds and I would say the sizes varies on where I actually get the clothes and what cut they are but in US sizes I can usually get a 10 (eq UK=10), I even have some dresses that are size 10 UK-size, they are a bit snug but definitely so that I can wear them which is just... so stunning to me. I really don't get that myself yet, I find my self going into the dressing rooms with like, size 16 having to go out several times to go down in sizes. :)
But I would say I'm generally a size 12 UK size, sometimes size 10, but 14 is usually to big nowdays...

Good luck and many hugs!

tisseltass said:
Hi!

Yey, I'm 5'5 to! Right now I'm at 163 pounds and I would say the sizes varies on where I actually get the clothes and what cut they are but in US sizes I can usually get a 10 (eq UK=10), I even have some dresses that are size 10 UK-size, they are a bit snug but definitely so that I can wear them which is just... so stunning to me. I really don't get that myself yet, I find my self going into the dressing rooms with like, size 16 having to go out several times to go down in sizes. :)
But I would say I'm generally a size 12 UK size, sometimes size 10, but 14 is usually to big nowdays...

Good luck and many hugs!

Ooh that is very promising for me!! Hopefully if I lose another stone and a half I might be a 12 then :)

I'm 5ft 5 too...14st at the mo (ish) and not quite in all of my my 16s...that usually comes at 13st 7

at 12 st 7 I'm a perfect 14 (in M&S and Dotty P and Wallis, more like a 16 in Oasis and Top Shop cos of my boobs!)

At 11st 7 I'm a 12-14

At 10st 10 and below I'm a 10 - 12.

At 10st I'm an 8 on the bottom, 10-12 on top

(Move up a size for Top Shop and down a size for Dotty P!)

Hi I'm 5 foot 7 12 stone 2 just about in my size 12s but at 11 at 4 I was a comfy 12

I'm hoping at 10 stone i'l be a 10 oooh to be a size 10 sounds so good

I was a 22 before btw still dont like clothes shopping I'm always scared things won't fit with the numbers on that I'm hoping for :)

I'm 5ft6, 10st6 and size 12 :(
Don't think I will lose anymore now so will be stuck at size 12!

everyones different but i'm 12.0 and just starting to get into my 12's but mainly a 14 at 11.7 i'm in a 12 sometimes a 10 depending on the shop

im 5ft 2, 17st 4lb and am antwhere between a small 22 and a large 18 depending on the shop and fit

im 5ft 4 and a half i weigh 10stone 13.8lb and im a size 14 (top end of a 14 ide say), usually a size 12 at 10stoneish and a tight size 10 at 9stone (to be fair ive not been below a size 16 in 3 year and used to be quite toned before whereas im pure flab atm) xx

We're all very different - I have a large frame (my doctor laughingly confirmed this many years ago!) so even though I weight almost the same as one or two people who've posted here I take a bigger size.

I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 13st 2lbs. 18's are too big but 16's are too small. My 1 pair of 16's jeans that I can get on are skin tight and push the rolls up and over so to speak! LOL.

Size isn't everything !!!! It's how you feel.

I just said the same thing about it's how you feel to someone else haha. I am just trying to predict if I'll fit in a size 14 Topshop dress I have. It's really interesting to see how peoples sizes vary.

You're only 5 lbs lighter than me, 2" shorter than me but you're already 2 sizes smaller. Not fair!

Depressed! I'm 5'6" and 12.13 and in a 16 and if I gain much more weight they will get uncomfortably tight. I reckon I'd have to be 11.7 to get in a 14, from past experience. X

I'm 5'4" and weigh 12 stone 11 at the moment and am a comfy 14. I am usually a 12 at around 12 stone and a 10 at 11 stone.

I'm 5"7 size 14 on top and small 16 on bottoms. I carry my weight around my middle but I do have some 14 jeans I can squeeeeze into!! :)

Well I shall throw a spanner in the works because Im 5ft 9(+0.5 as I recently discovered!) My first WI is tonight so I dont know how much I weigh now but when I first got weighed in 9 days ago I was 14st 12.On the bottom I am a loose 18 and on top I am a 14(yes freaky I know!)If I remember rightly,when I was 13.3 I was a snug 14 and v.loose 16.So im hoping at 12stone to be a 12 and at 11stone to be a 10. I was a ten for a good few years but I was 9st 7lbs and goodness that was hard to maintain and being 5ft 9,I think it makes it harder to maintain such a low weight.
Interesting thread.
xx

i generally find in dresses i can get away with a size smaller but i guess it depends on how smug the dress is and what your body shape is

Back