What snack food do you always have prepared?

mydiet1987

bikerblondie
What snack food do you always have washed/chopped/cooked/in the fridge/on the table for your moments of weakness?

I always keep melon wedges in the fridge, individually wrapped so I can just take one out, grab a spoon and away I go. I also keep carrot sticks and cucumber sticks washed and chopped in a bowl in the fridge ready to go.

Is there anything in particular you always have ready to avoid those moments of "the chocolate bar/bag of crisps is just more convenient"?

I always make sure we are stocked up on yoghurts and bananas. So if I get hungry in the evening this is what I have as a snack. I don't usually snack during the day time just stick to my meals

I have strips of chicken in the fridge most the time. Great to just grab and lush added to a salad to bulk it up a bit. Guess you could use most chilled meat.

I always have a salad box made up in the fridge, boiled egg's, chopped strawberries, chopped pineapple, slices of melon and lots of yoghurts. xxx

I try to always have tupperware boxes with sliced fruit - good fruit though, strawberries/raspberries/melon/mango etc because I get bored easily of apples!

Love tescos easy pealers, bansnas, apples, packets of strawberries, rhasberries, blueberries, red grapes which can easily turn into snack bowl, crab sticks are always good for quickness, carrot sticks dioped in an already made sw salsa dip, lean ham slices, chicken pieces, sslad madd up in bowl, muller lights, boiled eggs cold in fridge, sw speedy tomato soup made up in fridge :)

This thread makes me realise how disorganised I am. My motivation on SW online said to concentrate on free foods more. I'm a big snacker and realise I need to have some prepared food ready for those quick snacks. Thanks for the suggestions.:)

I always stock up on yoghurts and I also keep cooked chicken strips in the fridge along with plenty of fresh fruit...bananas and grapes are my life savers!!

I have grapes, blueberries and strawberries prepped in a box at the moment, but I normally have various fruits chopped in a box to pick at :)

HopefulMini said:
I recently made mini slimming world quiches in baking parchment cooked in muffin trays! They are absolutely delish and almost feels like tucking into a muffin (visually of course). They are a great snack ready in the fridge, and also in a sandwich box to take to work!!!

Mmmm! Love sw quiches :) x especially as you can allsorts of free/superfree foods in them depending on what you fancy :) nice hot or cold :) x

My emergency snack stock consists of....

Various Fruit,

Vegetable Sticks with low fat dressing,

Yogurts,

Mug Shots &

Options Hot Choc sachets (1.5-2.5 Syn's) for those Choc cravings!!

So far so good!!

Frozen fruit, cold meat and SW crisps are my snacks of choice!

Fruits, yoghurts, carrots and half syn cake. I make one everyday at the moment.

pamsie said:
Fruits, yoghurts, carrots and half syn cake. I make one everyday at the moment.

Just a word of warning, the half syn cakes still contain calories...around 800 actually. Eating them everyday could really hinder your losses!

slimming world quiche?! half syn cake?! has anyone got any recipes? :O

Back