what spurs people on

amylou87

i find that i get to a certain weight and just give up thinking i look fine but then the weight creeps back on as i forget about how to eat healthy.how do you guys keep motivated to hit your next targets and not just stop at the first one you hit?

Im very vain, I think about events that I have coming up and who I will be seeing. I try to make an impact at every event I go to in so far that someone will comment on how I look or my weight. It seems to be working for me at the moment.

My next big event is a party a week on Friday night. After that it will be Easter and following that it would be my wedding.

thats a good plan but i dont really have goals like that.i go out like twice a week and dont really attend events.
congrats on the wedding im sure you will look fabulous.

Like you I've already started worrying about how I'll maintain my loss bit premature I know. However the plans I already have in place are:

1) Continue to weigh in every week. I'm not necessarily gonna be too bothered if I put on a lb or two once in a while, but will be able to monitor so the lbs don't creep on unnoticed. I can just cut back a bit if I see those numbers moving up.
2)I'm gonna get rid of any clothes that are too big for me. If I have to go out and buy a bigger size if I'm too naughty, think that may deter me.
3) I'm gonna keep coming on here. Keep posting, offering advice, and getting it. There's plenty of people around here to keep you in line. Will make sure I post any gains, just to see it in black and white, and to stay accountable.

Like I say that's a long way off though. Go my goal of 168lbs which will bring me to healthy BMI, but after that my 'real' goal is 150lb, and I do keep in mind that's where I'm heading. i'll celebrate 168, but I sure as hell aint stopping there.

Good luck and see u in maintenance.

Back