Onions
Chillis
Parsley
Leeks
Broccoli
Cabbage
Apples

Annabelle said:
Am I the only one who really hates most SF food?

I don't hate SF but I don't buy into the idea you need 20 different types! Work with the SF you do like and work on cooking others a different way, try roasting veg or stir frying.
Most veg is boring if it's boiled to death!
Cauliflower is lovely in a curry, veg curry is lovely full stop!
Veg like mange tout/sugar snap peas need to be slightly undercooked to taste good!

Today's planned food means:

Melon
Banana
Pear
Plums
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomatoes
Mushrooms
Onion
Pepper
Tinned tomatoes
Courgette

That's a darned sight better than I have been of late, just need ot keep it up now! :)

Am I the only one who really hates most SF food?

I think it depends what you do with it. Most of the stuff listed on here isn't eaten raw (althought some is!) and non of it is boiled to death as a side to be pushed away! :D

This is my list for yesterday:

Pears
Peach
Nectarines
Onion
Chillies
Parsley
Leeks
Broccoli
Cabbage
Onion
Garlic
Ginger
Carrots
Limes
Mint
Swede

The only things on that list that were plain were the swede (which I roasted as thin chips and added spicy seasoning) and the 3 bits of fruit at the top which I had in a bowl with yoghurt & honey at breakfast.

The other 12 items were all part of 2 full cooked meals - a stew and a curry. You would not know the curry or dip had ANY superfree in it, it just tasted like a salty, buttery curry and I scooped it up with toasted tortilla chips:

6385584869_e1a3be7db2_o.jpg

I don't hate SF but I don't buy into the idea you need 20 different types! Work with the SF you do like and work on cooking others a different way, try roasting veg or stir frying.
Most veg is boring if it's boiled to death!
Cauliflower is lovely in a curry, veg curry is lovely full stop!
Veg like mange tout/sugar snap peas need to be slightly undercooked to taste good!

The only reason some lists have 20 different types in is that you only use a tiny bit of each as theyre in a curry or a stew or whatever and the different flavours add to the overall yumsoneness! (It's not like we sit there and eat a whole raw leek followed by a whole raw cabbage followed by an entire head of raw garlic etc etc etc :D )

You dont need 20 (but its good to have your 5 a day!), but I prefer lots of little flavurs mingled together rather than a meat-and-two-veg-stylee traditional British way of eating veg - which IS boring as hell if you do it more than once a week or so :sigh:

Increasing the variety makes it more interesting to try new things and keep on eating superfree. Id go MAD if all I stuck to was apples, bananas, broccoli, carrots etc :wave_cry:

Back